Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:44 PM   #29
Newmar Owners Club
Our faithful old 1987 Country Coach has always been la Tortuga dorada.

But now we have ordered a new Bay Star and it will be time to start thinking of names again. And time to find a new home for la Tortuga dorada.

Jim Barber in CO

jrbarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2015, 10:30 PM   #30
While I started this, at the time my wife and I hadn't settled on a name for our Fleetwood Prowler. Well found a name for the ole girl. Considering it used to have a decal of a Mountain Lion on the front window cover, we've chosen the name of
"The Cougar's Den"

It's kinda fitting also, in that wife is older than me too.

I also need to stop someday into the local Decal(graphic) shop and have them make me a new decal for the drop down shade cover that also protects the front window, that Fleetwood Prowlers and other's in Fleetwood's lineup have.

Del & Jerre w/Isis our English Bull Terrier
The Cougar's Den
1984 Fleetwood Prowler "E"
JaycoEagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:47 PM   #31
Our 5er is named Zep, short for Zeppelin. F350 tv is named Zack. Seemed like a good name for that much of a truck.
frizzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #32
Vintage RV Owners Club
When we had our class A we called it Dusty. It was about the color of dust as even though it was shiny it still looked dusty. Our new 5er is Beauty and the tow is Beast. it also was named by the owner before we bought it Thumper! It thumps when the key is turned on or off. Something in the heating/cooling unit does it.
1991 Chevy Pickup
1994 5th wheel 30 foot trailer
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #33
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well, not really but WA state gave us a license plate of 188 PBM and my wife says that stands for Pretty Bodacious Motorhome. When it came up for replacement (every 7 years under state law) we paid extra to keep it, like a vanity plate. Going to have it transferred to the Magna too after we pay the sales/use tax of some $21,000. Can't do a Montana LLC to save that money either! But, I'm a retired state employee so I get some of it back in benefits.
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:35 PM   #34
What, you don't?

Every one of our vehicles has had a name - I've named all of my vehicles since my Bug (Captain Midnight - he was dark grey) and my wife has done so all along as well.

So, it's only natural that we keep it up. The only real difference is that she tends to jump into naming vehicles, while I wait for the vehicle's personality to assert itself (if you think a machine doesn't have a personality, you haven't worked on them for very long...)

Our motorhome is "Nessie" - a real beast. She named her, in honour to me (I'm Scottish - Ross & MacLeod.)

Her car? "Kuki." (2005 Suzuki Verona.)

I had a 1987 Cherokee called "Clyde" after the camel in "Ahab the Arab" ('cos there wasn't nothin' that could keep up with Clyde once he got started.) We also had a Bonnie, a Rizz, a Beck, and a Frank.

And, yes, everybody also has dog tags (one on my keyring, one on the spare keys, one on the vehicle's logbook for modifications, maintenance, part numbers, &c.)

I'm typing this on my laptop - "Hagrid" (because he does all the "heavy lifting" on my network. To keep everything straight, all of the device names on my network follow a theme - in this case, Harry Potter. Makes them easy to remember.)

Everything gets a name. That makes it easier to swear at it properly when I'm working on it, especially when it's being difficult, or when I get cut (the Gods of Automotive Repair must be satisfied - a blood sacrifice must often be made! However, it cannot be /given/ it /must/ be TAKEN!)
JDKelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:50 AM   #35
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I am happy to say that after watching the cute movie Big Hero 6 my wife thought that Baymax would be a great name to finally give to our coach.
1992 Beaver Contessa Signet 38'
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI
100% Biodiesel
jmm2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:35 AM   #36
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If the vanity plates are available our toad will be "Push Me" and the MH will be "Pull U" from Dr. Doolittle. Until then the MH is called Betsy, after the horse I had as a child.
Berniece & Russell with LilBit a Netherland Dwarf rabbit
1987 Southwind, 1995 Ford F150 Supercab 4X4 toad
Life in the fast lane? No thanks! We will stop and smell the flowers at every chance.
Grandpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:52 AM   #37
Monaco Owners Club
We name them after the state in which we pick them up.

Right now, we have Idaho.

1997 40' Monaco Signature Series Cummins 325HP & MD3060
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote