Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:02 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeplazek View Post
Does it really matter if it's "vintage" or not? Really??

Love my 1996 Monaco Signature,,,,

joe
i THINK IT does matter if you buy the wrong one. I just sold my 96 Monaco Sig.( reluctantly) . cause it had a mid entry and I could not find room for a desk set up . Had it 1 1/2 year and dropped 25K into upgrades, no regrets there as they coach great bones , but I did loose about that amount when it sold last week.....Now if I could only find a CC Concept 98 vintage in great chape and at a reasonable cost , I will be alright with the world ...for a while.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2014, 12:14 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkloster View Post
(PS... to the OP, your CC is a beautiful find and you should be super happy. I am not sure i will ever upgrade) Paid 10 cents on the dollar for mine (based on original sell price in 1991) ... and i take very good care and maintain beaver!

This era of coach (1987 through 1995) by Beaver and Country Coach were VERY similar in quality craftmanship and high end components. 100% were build on GILLIG bus chassis and for the most part... many are still on the road today.

I wonder if your coach sits on a GILLIG chassis or not... it looks like it does... would have been one of the LAST CC made that did if it does.

(PSS... that swanky rear bedroom is crazy!)

1994 was the END of GILLIG / BEAVER relationship.
Not so much with Country Coach. They ended their relationship with Gillig in 99 on the Concepts. Even then is was a joint effort as the Gillig/CC chassis is one of a kind combo design, using I think Newway suspension.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #45

Country Coach Owners Club
Yes it dose have the Gillig chassis. And at this point I can't imagine having any other coach. I also paid less than a Pennie on the dollar of new and could not be happier, unless I could get 10 mpg. I am planning on adding a veggie setup as I also have a mercedes I run on veggie.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Does my 95 Country Coach Concept qualify as vintage?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402449702.132852.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	791.4 KB
ID:	65102
Our vintage is a 1998 Monaco Dynasty. New to us, our third coach and the best.
CutieFac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #47

Wow that Monaco is a beauty! Let's see more pics
Old 06-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402876778.811620.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	772.4 KB
ID:	65483Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402876793.581329.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	687.7 KB
ID:	65484
On the road to Door County, Wisconsin. Stop over at Wally World for the night. A couple of pics that don't do justice.
CutieFac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #49

We'll folks , I am now on my way yo Oregon to pu my " new" 1998 Country Coach Concept 45' Some call it a real bus , I guess I will see, always wanted a Prevost / like kind....but the sticker always turned me away!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #50

98 concept

That's very exciting let's see some pics. I would love to see a concept rally!
Old 06-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondalee View Post
That's very exciting let's see some pics. I would love to see a concept rally!
Me too , they made so few Concepts , especially the second generation. I have yet to find the numbers, and the people, but I am planing to contact all of them ....our connection is rare. I will post some pics soon hopefully.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Me too , they made so few Concepts , especially the second generation. I have yet to find the numbers, and the people, but I am planing to contact all of them ....our connection is rare. I will post some pics soon hopefully.
What is the first generation and what is the second generation?
I did see a 1998 with a tag axle that my 1995 does not have.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #53

Quote:
What is the first generation and what is the second generation?
I did see a 1998 with a tag axle that my 1995 does not have.
The first generation ran from 89 to 96 or thereabout. single drive axle, 40' long , most had a wood interior ( traditional ) . The difference is huge when compairing the two from the 60 series Detroit engine to the modern laminate interior, which was a lot like Prevost conversons, Travelodge, and Newell. I also think the outside style surpasses most all the older Provost shells and less " boxy" as in the Newel. Two different coaches, both have that special appeal as being sort of a " One of akind " as it would be rare to see any of the Concepts on the road today. There are a lot more differences too but as I am just getting started ,my thoughts are early on and subject to change.
Same goes to my thinking ( old ) that all Country Coaches were very dark,woody interiors , perhaps more " homey". All that bases on my love for Monaco which were mostly much lighter and had an "open " feel. Not better , just different.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
The first generation ran from 89 to 96 or thereabout. single drive axle, 40' long , most had a wood interior ( traditional ) . The difference is huge when compairing the two from the 60 series Detroit engine to the modern laminate interior, which was a lot like Prevost conversons, Travelodge, and Newell. I also think the outside style surpasses most all the older Provost shells and less " boxy" as in the Newel. Two different coaches, both have that special appeal as being sort of a " One of akind " as it would be rare to see any of the Concepts on the road today. There are a lot more differences too but as I am just getting started ,my thoughts are early on and subject to change.
Same goes to my thinking ( old ) that all Country Coaches were very dark,woody interiors , perhaps more " homey". All that bases on my love for Monaco which were mostly much lighter and had an "open " feel. Not better , just different.
thanks for the info! One of the reasons I just love my 95 concept is the wood work inside. It feels like a custom home on the inside. I did not really know what I had stumbled across when I found my concept but I do now and still can't be leave my dumb luck!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:33 AM   #55

Quote:
thanks for the info! One of the reasons I just love my 95 concept is the wood work inside. It feels like a custom home on the inside. I did not really know what I had stumbled across when I found my concept but I do now and still can't be leave my dumb luck!
Thats a good thing that you "stumbled" onto such a special coach like the CC Concept. , and one that fits your taste in interiors. I think there is however a couple of ways to look at owning one of these now vintage coaches. What can be a windfall on picking up an older CC could be even more rewarding if you were not looking for one and purchased it "right". Some of us pay more if we find ,"the one" and as well not have to dump in thousands in repairs and updating. The value of these older high end coaches is hard to determine , there is no measure to go by other than what the last like kind sold for, which is really not enough to measure,mostly because there are so few of them.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #56
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Yes it dose have the Gillig chassis. And at this point I can't imagine having any other coach. I also paid less than a Pennie on the dollar of new and could not be happier, unless I could get 10 mpg. I am planning on adding a veggie setup as I also have a mercedes I run on veggie.
Very nice Coach, I really like the older MH charm, you cannot beat the build quality of the cabinets. I also have a Gillig chassis and Newway axles (it was a 20,000 dollar upgrade on the coach for the original purchaser).

The color they used back then are nice also, they all seem brown now.

Tags
vintage