Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #29

iRV2 No Limits Club
WOW.
The Hubris attitudes sure take the enjoyment out of a forum.Most repairs seem to be a knee jerk reaction to a problem vs thinking the the problem through.Kenjh glad you got that stopped quickly. I have been concerned about some low factory wiring, under the frame I have found. That will be my next project.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #30

Vintage RV Owners Club
wasn't nearly as fast as I wanted !!! seem's someone wanted to charge trailer brakes or something ..10 gauge wire zip tied along the frame.. fuel line ..brake line ...from the battery all the way back ...burns well....found wasp nests ..mouse nest ...mud ..rusty things,,,,it's a long crawl under there !!

Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjh View Post
wasn't nearly as fast as I wanted !!! seem's someone wanted to charge trailer brakes or something ..10 gauge wire zip tied along the frame.. fuel line ..brake line ...from the battery all the way back ...burns well....found wasp nests ..mouse nest ...mud ..rusty things,,,,it's a long crawl under there !!
Wow, sound like an archaeological dig! Have you found a good treasure yet?
Old 05-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #32

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I need to run a new fuel line for my genset... not looking forward to the long crawl underneath in gravel... my poor back!
87bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87bounder View Post
I need to run a new fuel line for my genset... not looking forward to the long crawl underneath in gravel... my poor back!
May I suggest a couple of refrigerator boxes to lay on?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #34

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87bounder View Post
I used my outside mat folded up to lubricate the slide mechanisms - cushioned and slides easily.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #35

Vintage RV Owners Club
well I now have 40 plus feet of burned wire..and found there is spray foam undr here !! glad that didn't light !! ..yes I now have Fire coverage ..and the genset won't work now ..nor the right side tail light's I have several layers of cardboard to lay on under there..I was wondering ..you have seen the kids with the neon light's underneath their cars..might be a good idea for maintenance under here ..should I use white lights ?? or something to show off my rig !!! yah ..I think it stupid...maybe..not ...
Old 05-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #36

Finally thought of one.... that I want to admit.

At home, I have umbilical cords hooked to my MH for constant battery charging with my BatteryMinders. At first, I only had one, and forgot to unplug it when I went to get new tires. The salesman asked what the 15' cord was that I was dragging. Since then, I put a clothes pin on my ignition key slot with "Cords" written on it.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #37

One time, when I was pulling into my usual camping spot at the dunes, there was a double stacker that had it's rear door ramp at the top level and the loading ramp opened "so the kids could have a better view".

My so-called buddy talked to others about calling me to warn me, but he didn't. I suppose he didn't because he wanted to see me hit it. There are people like that out there. He wasn't there when I put a zipper slit down the side of my 5er and broke the door and a couple of side widows.

When I looked in my side-view mirror, I could see someone move the orange cones out from under the ramp to closer to the road. Said buddy "gave" me some cardboard and duct tape to patch the holes where the glass was. I curled the 1/2" thick side of the aluminum loading ramp.

Thankfully, I had insurance. The damage to the ramp could have been fixed by welding, but I'm sure they exaggerated the damage to my insurance company.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviaCub View Post
May I suggest a couple of refrigerator boxes to lay on?

You may and thank you!
87bounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post

My so-called buddy talked to others about calling me to warn me, but he didn't. I suppose he didn't because he wanted to see me hit it. There are people like that out there. He wasn't there when I put a zipper slit down the side of my 5er and broke the door and a couple of side widows.

Thankfully, I had insurance. The damage to the ramp could have been fixed by welding, but I'm sure they exaggerated the damage to my insurance company.
OUCH!! With buds like that... who needs enemies?
Old 05-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #40

I since have lent him money, and he unexpectedly paid me back with interest.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #41

Tiffin Owners Club
I'd like to see someone figure out my wiring lol. I have in dash radio set up so it is powered by the house batteries and when key is on it triggers a relay which turns radio on. I also wired in a switch back by the sink in kitchen so you can turn it on. Good news it don't have to worry about a dead coach battery if left on lol.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94-Newmar View Post
My pet peeve with vintage coaches are pushpins stuck in the walls. Yes pushpins. Need to hang something? Use a pushpin. Need to put something back together? Use a pushpin. Cabinet door not staying shut? Use a pushpin. Want to hang some pictures? Use a pushpin. Blinds seperating? Use a pushpin. Need to hang some keys? Use a pushpin. Ouch, whats that stuck in my foot? A pushpin. I hate pushpins
Ha! I'm guilty of that a little when I had my 67 Shasta Astroflyte. I used them to hold up the very back of the ceiling vinyl but it was far out of the way and that's the only place I used them. I had intended to fix it right but never did. After 5 years, they were still up there and the ceiling vinyl never fell down anymore.

I actually have some up at the moment in my motorhome.. I have a cheap windshield shade tacked up to block out the sun while i'm working in there since the sun hits that window in the middle of the afternoon. I need new curtain track for the window so that'll stay there until then.