Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #1

Duo-therm penguin a/c model 610015-001 problems

I bought a really nice 86 vogueII, 35 mh and the rear air doesn't power up or turn on. The fellow I purchased said it was a thermostat. You can tell its original digital control panel but doesn't display. Any help on where or how to replace thermostat or control/display board?? Many thanks for any help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2015, 10:54 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

Sometimes replacing a thermostat in an RV gets to be complicated. It has to be compatible with the A/C and the furnace. I'd suggest removing the present thermostat, noting the wire colors, and contact a good vendor that will get you matched up with one that works. Some A/C units require upgraded control boards, I don't know about your unit. These folks seem to know what works:

RV Thermostat - PPL Motor Homes

You could also check here:

https://eldonrv.wordpress.com/2012/0...at-in-your-rv/

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:03 AM   #3

Does the thermostat have an lcd display and buttons around the sides?

That was top of the line but not compatable with anything else.

It has a ribbon cable that interfaces to round wire to unit.

Carefully remove it from wall and reseat connections.

Repeat at other end.

Make sure voltages are good FIRST.

Locate a manual and perform the troubleshooting procedure before doing anything else.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbusa View Post
I bought a really nice 86 vogueII, 35 mh and the rear air doesn't power up or turn on. The fellow I purchased said it was a thermostat. You can tell its original digital control panel but doesn't display. Any help on where or how to replace thermostat or control/display board?? Many thanks for any help.

Can you post a picture of the thermostat?

Also, have you checked all of your fuses as the thermostats run on 12vdc?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 06-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #5

Are you trying to run this second AC while on shore power, or from the genny? I'm wondering if you have any power to it.

If running on shore power, often there is a switch somewhere in the coach, that allows you to run the rear vs. front AC. If it's not positioned correctly, it's only going to let you power up the front AC.

If you're trying to run from the genny, often you can find a circuit breaker right on the gen set that will be tripped.

Bottom line, the rear AC on these older coaches is generally on a separate circuit. It does not power up with everything else. The coach is set up with 30a power. There were few, if any, 50a power setups in use then.