Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:40 PM   #183

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just a note to tell you I will have the photos in the Picasa web site tonight!Some real nightmares for sure, Capt.Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2007, 06:31 PM   #184

Capt Dan,
I admit I haven't read all the posts of dusty's rebuild.So please bear with me for this question.From what I read,it seems you are having the roof rebuilt.To help motivate me,can you give me your opinion what most shops would charge to reseal roofs.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #185

Vintage RV Owners Club
fleamarketer, I have had four estimates for our roof. the highest was around $15000. The lowest was around $9500.the other two were somewhere in the middle. For that they have already taken off the aluminum roof and most of the old plywood and the old fiberglass insulation and then all the other stuff like the vents and a/c.. the wiring come next. Then when all that is off, they take the old wood and lay it down to make a pattern and build a new roof with new ceiling and wood rafters and foam insulation and a plywood top with a edpm rubber roof on top! I think the labor and the edpm are the top costs! The rest is hardware or wood!
I have them doing some other things like the front clearance lights, [led, Dot approved] I have them putting a back-up camera in. and a new awning! The awning was going to be put in after the roof but they talked me in to getting put in while they are reinforcing the wall and roof. Seems there is some water damage in the front wall,[curb side], that needs a little attention.
As for the rest of the work, I'll let you read away! My friends here have strayed off sometimes but you can get the jist of it. We had a lot of money sunk into it and then last years flood's came while we were away on family business. when we came home the coach had got flooded and damaged and my daughter also did some of the damage as well. There is details done and also pictures on the clickable link in the address field. Click on a photo and it will open the album and show all the pictures in that album same for the rest of the pictures, some of which were taken before the damage happened! We have had this home for over ten years and hope to have it another twenty!!! enjoy, Capt.Dan
Old 08-11-2007, 07:05 AM   #186

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
...My friends here have strayed off sometimes... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan NEVER gets off topic in a thread!
Old 08-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #187

Vintage RV Owners Club
Not me!!! Ever!!!!! DUH!!! You think this one is bad, try my other one????
Old 08-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #188

Vintage RV Owners Club
We went down and saw the rv with the roof all the way off! Took five different pictures they are in the folder roof repair!!
We will have a few things done while the roof is off and then we will have to go down and mark the places for the lights and vents and a/c.They are going to be some changes made so we can enjoy the coach better!
On a different note, we went to the store this morning and the drive shaft started to do that strange grinding and clicking noise that tells me that the carrier and /or universal joints are going bad so I pulled it and I got a Not so great surprise!! They made throw-away drive lines and you have to order a whole new throwaway. You could do the replacements of the u-joints but they have to cut and re welded and balance everything and it would have been around $600. I got the new one for $450. Should have it by Friday. Thats all for now, Cspt Dan
Old 08-15-2007, 09:02 PM   #189

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, The good news is the truck is fixed!! The bad news is they found some wall damage in the bathroom area. I didn't see it and they are fixing it for me! They ordered our back window and have got the front clearance lights and are also getting the antennas installed where we need them to be. The front cap is fiberglass and no metal so they are gong to mount the XM sat antenna on the inside of the cap and run the wire for me. The new router antenna will also be installed for us too! Was looking at it this evening and we may place the a/c in the area in front of the bath tub wall! If it will clear. I'm hoping it will and we will have three vents,one in the bathroom, One in the kitchen and another in the living/bedroom. The last two would be fantastic vents and the bath room is a Jensen ventline model and all three will have covers!
We also have to figure out where we want the lights too!!!
Thats about all for now so will check in later, Capt.Dan
Old 08-20-2007, 05:40 PM   #190

Vintage RV Owners Club
No news so they must be busy!!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #191

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, I'm on the new computer as the other one is in the shop again. I hope this time they replace the keyboard in it as the keys are getting used up posting all the time! The bathroom is finished and they have the inside ready to put the roof on but they had a couple of things they wanted to run by us first. One was maybe putting down parquet flooring all the way through the coach. Will have a answer tomorrow as we would like it but we need to find out how much it is costing so far! If we can I will have that installed by them!!! I had pictures but they are in the other computer and it is in the shop. This computer doesn't have the programs to download and my download program clears the camera memory when it downloads the pictures. I hope they don't take too long to fix mine!!!! Nothing much else happening so I guess thats it for now. Capt.Dan
Old 08-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #192

Vintage RV Owners Club
OK, We are going to have Parquet flooring to match the walls! Also the roof will be going on sometime this week.
I have to go the the dentist tomorrow and have three wisdom teeth removed. The pictures of the new bathroom and other shots are under a title roof repair 4!!
They started the ceiling so I posted more pictures in the site. They are named roof rebuild5 I think! I'm better but still have pain so I'm tak'in it easy... Almost forgot, Joined the Coachmen caravan club. I hope they ask for pictures!!
Thats it for today, Capt.Dan
Old 08-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #193

Vintage RV Owners Club
No news is good news??? I'm not to sure about that! Must check tomorrow and find out whats going on?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #194

Hi Dan,
Being I am new to this site I don't know how to bring up the pictures for Dusty's rebuild.Can you help me with that?.Around here I would be hard pressed to find a dealer who would do to my MH what you are having done.Must be a lot different out west.How does the dealer lift off the roof and put it back on?.A big crane?.All I can say is wow.The pictures might help me understand.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 08-27-2007, 11:52 PM   #195

Fleamarketer, there is a link at the bottom of Capt. Dan's signature. If you click on it, it should take you to the album that has the pictures in it.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:01 AM   #196

Dan,
I figured out the pictures of your repair.I am finding this kind of work,one thing leads to another.Yeppers your ceiling damage looks very much like what I am scraping out of mine.