Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #211

Capt Dan,
I hope Friday is Dusty's grand unvailing and it's done.Just think of walking into the MH and have back that new smell!!!!.Wow that is too cool for words.

Gary

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #212

Vintage RV Owners Club
To tell ya the truth, It can't be done yet. The real question is what is still left yet to finish!
I will take the camera tomorrow. The other big project is the old computer. I Have an appointment for 10am. I hope they can get it fixed without too much work! This computer with the Vista doesn't like all the programs we have in it as they are not all compatible. I have games in it that will flash and flicker or stop and behave for awhile. It can't make up its mind so,I'm looking at getting another computer or fixing mine but have XP in it instead of Vista.
I tried to load MS Streets and Trips 2005, Vista goes nuts! The gps won't load at all! Both work great in the old computer and I'm not wanting to have to buy another S&T 2007 or 08 at $200.00. Come to think about it, I wonder if they will work with the Vista OS? Anyway we will find out what is happening tomorrow. Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #213

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sanjay R:
...I would take her advice over anyones regarding this field... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey wow.... a compliment!

We all got our own areas of expertise. It's sure nice to be able to learn from each other. Just think, if we weren't doing something that everyone else thinks is crazy, we wouldn't be able to share our knowledge. Cool!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #214

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi Lorna, I went down today and got the green stain and precondition and the poly that I will use today and I will be getting some new plywood soon.I want to not get the wood yet as we might be making a little trip first. It depends on how soon we get Dusty back! If not we will go to the new camp in San Manuel. If that happens we will get the plywood and other wood we need to build the cabinet with. I've got all kinds of hardware to put it all together. One thing I forgot to get was the knobs and the hinges that match our cabinets but I can get them tomorrow! One way or another I hope to find out two things. How much longer till we get back into our home,And what we are going to do about the other computer. I have a couple of other minor things to do but those first two are at the top of the list.
Will let you know what we find out,
Old 09-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #215

Re: the computer, I know someone who has a Mac Mini for sale. . $400 or so gets you the computer, and you can get a monitor on ebay cheapish. the only things missing would be the keyboard and mouse. get those locally, so you can compare the feel of them, for best fit. If you want to go a bit further, you can make a built in space for them like I am. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #216

Vintage RV Owners Club
No macs for me I'm on a diet!!
I got the new computer today, A Dell! Its a remag but has a Pentium M in it and a 14" screen and a 80 gig drive with a 1gig of ram so its no slouch! It is a whole lot faster than the Compaq!! Same size hard drive and half the ram I had in it but seems faster so the chip is maybe faster than the compaq..Don't know but I like it! It has XP Pro in it sp2!!!I have to get busy and install the different software so I will get back to you maybe tomorrow! I have a bunch of stuff to put in.
Catch you later, Dan
Old 09-08-2007, 08:38 AM   #217

Capt Dan,

When you went to see Dusty on Friday how close are they?.

Gary
Old 09-08-2007, 07:28 PM   #218

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Well, I got this little baby working really well!!! Its fun to have XP in it and nothing freezing or flashing or little boxes popping up telling me that something wants whatever and fill in the blank!!
I am wondering how many discs it takes to back up that vista computer. I'm at over 12 discs!! and still counting!! Memory hog!!!!
Anyway I did see the coach yesterday and I am sorry to say nothing much being done as most of the people had taken off for the holiday and some haven't returned yet! I think Eddie was a little upset so maybe he jumped them after I left.They did have the 18" Floresant lighting in and the double 12" in the bathroom. They had the rear window but not installed. They also have the holes cut for the vents and stuff. Thats all! I will wait till friday and see if anything else gets done?? Anyway, I have this computer working well and Tweets...Well it is doing something!!!As to what????
Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 PM   #219

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi all, It took 13 discs total for the vista software! I am thinking about using a exterior hard drive so I can back up on it instead.
OK, Talked with Eddie at Road Runner RV today and it should be done in about two weeks! Thats bythe 24th! Thats a nice birthday present! Anyway it will total cost around $24,000! Not to bad for all that was done and being done. We figured around 250 hours of labor and the rest in parts!I could have saved about 12-13 thou if I had done the work myself! Well Tough! I got it done and it will be like we want it. If We had tried to buy a coach like ours new..It would have cost over $150,000.00 !!!!! I think right now we have a total of about $50,000.00 total.And may need $500.00 to finish it after we get it back!
Well, Thats the poop,the whole poop, and nothing but the poop!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:52 AM   #220

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi all, Another week has come and gone and some work has been done and posted at the link below. They have most of the rood cover done and should have it done by this evening. Monday they want to get the roof done and the membrane on and finished! The rear window and then the floor in and the vents and A/C in too! If they can keep up with our rebuild and handle all the other stuff being worked on there at the shop and wherever they go to whatever site As they will come out to the rv site and do repairs on-site. Our scheduled date is the 24th Plus or minus a couple of days.
Thats all for now, and wished it were done but I will wait for it to be done right!! Will Check In later,
Old 09-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #221

looks like the are doing some good work. I hope mine turns out as good.
Hope it's done right and soon for you.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #222

Vintage RV Owners Club
Makes two of us for sure!
One thing that is happening is they are having a swamp of work coming in!! I saw the board today and it was full!! He thought I should have maybe waited till after I got the coach done before any plugs or ?? Sorry folks they are good but they are a small family business! They had 4-5 rv's there plus mine and I don't know how many jobs at site they have! I told Eddie I gave them the plug,I didn't know how many would be here that would go there on just our little plug! I'm kidding of course but they ARE getting swamped! It is the end of the season or the snowbirds are coming in as we are wanting to go to Wisconsin. Who said we were ALL there?? We want to see family and friends and the fall foliage..Nice time to do that!!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:45 PM   #223

Hi Capt Dan,

Pictures as you promised and wow does that look great.Now if MH's could talk(and we all know they can't-LOL)Dusty would say "That Dan is ok".Rebuilt my engine so I can run like new,now making me look good and feel great not being wet anymore.Yeppers-Dusty must be smiling headlight to headlight on his grill about this ownwer Dan.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #224

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ok... If it ain't, it should!!! Its costing me enough!!!!