Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:08 AM   #225

Vintage RV Owners Club
Me Too!! I''m laying on pins and needles,Just waiting on it Unless he calls I will go down Friday..Again! Looking forward to that puppy all done. Its taken 10+ years to get to where we are in this rebuild. In 2001 I had a mess of different things to do! Coating the roof was one of them! That was the second time I had done that. This is Number 3, And I think it will be the last time..or I hope!!! As long as we use the roof cleaner and protection it should be ok! I'm heading for the other forum site so will check in later,

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2007, 11:40 AM   #226

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Went down town to take Tweet to the VA for an appointment but had some time so I stopped to see how they are doing and sad to say..Hardly anything.
They were putting the back up camera together and the window is up front on the floor. He has been swamped with that much work! He still says sometime in the next couple of weeks. I guess we will see...

Old 09-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #227

Vintage RV Owners Club
I am going down tomorrow to get pictures of the coach. They are putting the membrane down so I can get pictures of that and they were going to put the window in and found out they shipped the wrong size window so they were raising cane with them and The wood for the floor is in and they are going to do that while waiting for the right rear window to get there! The front and back curtains are on there way and i hope they got the size right!
Anyway, I will get the photos...maybe that will help freebie with his redoing of the roof.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:26 PM   #228

Vintage RV Owners Club
Went down and took pictures and was told two more weeks! The rear window was the wrong one and I don't know who screwed up but one of them did. All the roof is down but the front cap! They have one more antenna to get in and they can button it up and put the roof on. They have the side wraps on and that is ready to install the rubber membrane. I am getting sooo stressed that my blood suger is gong haywire!! I'm getting up in the 200 range and this is not good. The lowest was 133 this morning but this afternoon it is up oveer two-hundred again!
This is not good...so, We are takig off most-likley next weekend and for awhile, I will be off the site! I don't need to have a stroke or heart attack! one was more than enough!! I guess I'm getting to old for all this stuff! The temps there in Wisconsin is in the 40's at night and that is nice sleeping weather ansd I can se some different scenery! Get me out of this mess!
Anyway the pictures are in a folder Roof rebuild 8. What they have done is good work but it needs to get done and I will be there in a couple of weeks! If I feel up to it I may go down Friday to see what they have got done. Till then,
Old 09-23-2007, 11:44 AM   #229

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
...was told two more weeks!... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And when was it that you guys PLANNED to be leaving in the RV?

Ahhh... Plans...
Old 09-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #230

Vintage RV Owners Club
Lorna, We should have already been on the road!
I don't know how they messed up on the rear window...They did that when they got my front door last year or the year before? It was too short needed to be about 6" higher or taller...Whatever that thing is??? They had to reorder again. Now we are doing it again. If it came from the same company, They need someone else to buy from!!! I am going to take all the stuff but the tools and I am going up to get our stuff at RVing Outpost and then come back! Maybe a week or two at most but it will take my mind off this rebuild. My blood sugar last night before bedtime was 283!! This morning it was 144, Not as bad but still high! I hope it will get better!! I don't like pricking my fingertips let alone having to inject Insulin!! Getting old is NO fun!!
Anyway that is the plan. When I DO get the motorhome back.. I think we will see if I can get the Kitchen done and the outside stripes painted and get on the road,again! Catch you later,
Old 09-28-2007, 02:30 PM   #231

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Well, another week and they are not much closer to finishing it. The pictures are in a folder titled roof rebuild 8. There is 13 different shots that show the new membrane roof on but not finished and also the company that made that rear window is giving them a hard time about the window not fitting and they are both blaming each other. We saw a lot of that going on today! Everyone is blaming everyone else. They were told that until it is finished no more bucks! Our attorney will not let the check cut till they finish it and we agree!!!
Thats it for this week! We are taking a little trip for a week or two! Leaving tomorrow. Only taking the truck! I won't be on here much so I hope all have good luck, and success in there rebuilds,
Old 09-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #232

Capt Dan,
Sorry to hear of your problems.From my opinion from his old bald jewish fat guy,is it isn't your job to figure out who is at fault,all you want is the job you paid for to be done and when.That you don't really care who made the mistake,you just need the MH.End of story.

If you want.You can tell them it isn't the lawyer they need to be worry about,It's this old bald fat jewish guy you know paying them a visit.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #233

Vintage RV Owners Club
Actually, It's my semi-auto that should help motivate them! That and the owner of the company is a friend of the family..That is the wrong combo for screwing up!!! Someone may loose there job over this!! Rick don't usually get into things but with this HE got interested real quick! Like i said, Things better get moving and I mean quick! I plan to be gone for two to three weeks and when I get back...IT better be done!!!!!!!
Good evening to ya..I'm going to bed!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #234

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi all, We are in Denver and doing better. I am getting my blood sugar and pressure under control and am starting to unwind! The truck is doing well and its good to be on the road for awhile. We will be leaving for our next stop tomorrow for Spring Hill,[Kansas City Area], And from there we should be in Wisconsin around Thursday or Friday! As to what is going on with the coach, Could care less right now! Will check in later,
Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #235

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi all, We are at Rving Outpost in Wisconsin and enjoy in the Miks home and today. I'm resting here for a couple of days. Enjoying the hospitality!! We needed this after all the stuff we have been through. I havn't heard anything abut the coach and I could care less right now!! If it is done when we get back fine, If not... I'm going hunting!!!! They can take that anyway they want!!! I have got to the point that I just don't care! I will say that they BETTER have it done or my mantle will have a couple of heads on it!!
Will check in later as I want to see this place up here in god's country!!! See ya,
Old 10-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #236

Dan,
Take it easy and we'll keep the light on until you get back.

Gary
Old 10-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #237

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks Gary, We will be here a few more days, will most likely leave Thursday. I am taking my time as this trip was what we needed to do! I'm feeling sooo much better!!! So is Tweet!! By the way, While I'm thinking about this, My wife Tweet is taking a change to her on-line name. Soo from now on she will be called Butterfly lady! She has always loved Butterfly's and even longer than Tweety! I did all the changes t her computer and she has a butterfly Mouse Pointer, and a wallpaper an screen saver.So i guess thats official! So the way this works is I am Capt.dan And she is Butterfly lady and we are rvtravelers1997! If that isn't to confusing?? I think I am!!
I almost never want this trip to end and when I get back and get Dusty back I still have some more work to finish so it will be most likely be spring when we do start again. Anyway thats all I have. Freebie and all the others Hope you have great weather so You can go your different projects and I will check in later,
Old 10-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #238

Vintage RV Owners Club
<span class="ev_code_RED">WWWWOOOOHHHOOO!!!</span> They got the roof done and the lights and vents all done!!! The rear window is done!! The floor is being worked on as we speak and the awning will be going on later this week. The new c urtains will be in soon and it will be done!!!!!!