Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #239

'sabout *TIME*!! Glad you got the work done on your rig, and you will be back home in it soon.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #240

That's great news Dan.Hope the rest goes without a hitch.Pictures plse when you get back.

Hey-wait a min-where are we going to meet if not on this thread????.oh no!!!!.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #241

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well...We have to do something about that. I'm in Tucson,SanjayR in Cal. and You???Maybe in the spring somewhere?? Need to work on that! I have been playing Geek squad tonight so I have a problem with a terminal and I had my old disc with windows xp on it so I gave it to them and Now I'm trying to get it up and running. So far so good!!They didn't have ANY..anti-virus software at all on it!! Kids...Had to make them a admin to keep the kids from downloading Trojans and other junk! Anyway it is on its way to recovery.Nothing like a house call to make your evening fun!! I have a feeling of such relief That it could be a super compute and I could tame it!!! Will catch up with you later. I'm floating like a butterfly...
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #242

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fleamarketer:

Hey-wait a min-where are we going to meet if not on this thread????.oh no!!!!. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we can meet in my rebuild thread. . . That one will be going for a good long time. . .

Mainly because I'll not have the cash for all the parts I need at once. Have to buy all the major appliances, and then there is the cost of the new skin (replacing the aluminum with fiberglass), but I have to get the wood for the under-skin, and the framing and insulation for the ceiling (roof) and walls. . . Looking at about $10K in parts. . . I can reasonably save up about a hundred a month. . . Yeah, it will be a while. . .

Old 10-09-2007, 09:27 AM   #243

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ahh,Guys, Ahh I'm not leaving! I still have the painting on the outside,[stripes], I also have the kitchen to finish and levelers and a few things to finish up yet and that will keep me busy at least till spring!!! Even then I will be here to help as I can. We don't just get the help and then leave, We help by passing it on! We will not be the only crazy's here turning a 30 year old home into a new home. I think it will get even bigger and better with time! This thread is going to get bigger as there will be more and it will take all the ones like us who did it already to help those who need it! There is only one way to leave...Die!
Have a good one!! I am!!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 01:34 PM   #244

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
There is only one way to leave...Die!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tried that. . . Didn't work. . .

I guess I can expect to be here a wile then. Capn, we were not thinking that *you* were going to leave! We were just thinking of this particular thread going away when it is no longer in use (meaning that you are done with the rebuild). At *that* point, we can move over to my rebuild thread, as mine will take a lot longer than yours did. . . Something about no cash for parts to make it go faster. . .

Old 10-09-2007, 07:30 PM   #245

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, Got it, i hope one of these days to get all of us old-timers together with our rebuilt homes and show them off!! That could happen. With You Fleamarketer and freebie and all the others, And Lorna with that big bus conversion!!! i can't remember all of your names here so don't slam me with "I didn't get mentioned" Please, I'm lucky to remember mine!!!! this is a open welcome so consider yourself welcomed!! Now guys And Gals..We can do this even if we have to park at sanjays!!!
I love it! Sounds like a plan!!! We will be back on the road again tomorrow so I will Get off this and get some sleep! You all take it easy and I will check in later,
Old 10-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #246

There are spots available for overnighters and weekenders here. Also, Felicity will not be going on any trips any time soon, so this would have to be the place if I'm in the gathering. That is, unless I could just drop by with Emily. I could rig her up the way I had her when I was living in her and call her a *small* motorhome. . .

Old 10-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #247

AAAAAAAA,could we met from time to time on my never ending roof/ceiling repair that is likely to keep me from moving to Atl for the winter?.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:11 PM   #248

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleamarketer, Where are you at???? Are you still in Rochester???
Old 10-12-2007, 02:27 AM   #249

Yes,I'm stuck in Rochester.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #250

Vintage RV Owners Club
We needs to find a way to get you out this way!!!To cold and way too much snow!!!!
I talked with the crew at roadrunner today and i can get it Friday! They are getting the floor done and a couple of other things finished and it will be all ours again.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #251

That's good news! now you can get those finishing touches done and get out on the road!

bet you can't wait to get home and look it over.

get pics to show off the new work.

Freebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #252

That is GREAT NEWS Dan.Once you finsh up your work,we'll have to have a birthday party for Dusty's rebirth.