Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry folks, I've been in pain for the last couple of days and have taken a couple of days off. I should be back to work tomorrow and I will have some new pictures tomorrow nite, Capt. Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
OK, I've got bad news and more bad news. 1st, The Nikon died today and half of the pictures didn't come out. The other bad news is someone has got a hold of my credit card info and now I can't get any other Items until the new card comes in. Thats a big pain in the a$$!! Out of 15 pictures I got 6 and it will be at least 7-10 days before I can get it back. We had it checked out back in January. It just stopped!
I got the old bench out and the fridge out and started cutting the raised floor down for the new cabinet and the fridge will be raised up to that level as the new battery compartment will be under the fridge. Going from 1 battery to 3 All 29/31 series. Wow,I'm not going to know what to do with all the extra amps that we will have! When you see the pictures of that raised up dinette area you will see where I cut it down, And now it will be even with the fridge and that will save our toes for sure. I never have liked that area and it's taken research To figure out how to make that area work for us.Under the fridge will be a new battery box and on that raised area, once it is cut back I am building a cabinet with counter space all the way across. It should give us two drawers and two cabinet areas where we can put more of the heavy stuff in the kitchen. That area that was the storage under will be narrower but I could never get anything in and out of the back of that storage area anyway. So It should be easier to get things in and out now.
Thats all for today. and I'm still a little sore. Hope they don't have to keep the camera long. Will let you know, Capt.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Got the first coat of mold remover on and that stuff acts like Hydrogen Peroxide. Every place that was discolored foamed right up and you could see on the walls in the bathroom It just melted right off. Used a mask and still had a problem with breathing.tomorrow I have to cut back to 8th strength with water to use on the tile. I'm kinda sick with sinus and that mold is the culprit.I got another day of it and That should be it. With 90% of the carpet removed and what little I couldn't get out I soaked that part of the carpet.I should be able to go in tomorrow and not smell mold. The tiled floors are all that remain. After that I can start putting it all back together.I will have to get the sealer that keeps the mold from forming sprayed on and it dries and that should be it. Sorry, no pictures but the camera bit the dust. Hope to have that fixed and back soon. See ya later, Capt.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:16 PM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, not to much done today. I'm feeling bad And my sinus are all out of wrack. I'm using my respirator but I'm still getting sick so go figure. tomorrow I can take a little break and go down and get the heads and parts as they are done and ready. I'll do that most likely next week..If I feel up to it. Later, Capt.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #19

Sorry to hear that you are feeling poorly. Get yourself well soon. The camera is a gadget that can be replaced. You are not. Sorry to hear about the CC info as well, I hope that gets resolved to your satisfaction, and quickly. Be well, so you can enjoy that freshly rebuilt Coachman!

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 01:02 PM   #20

Capt. There is no rush. Summer is not here yet. I'd hate to see you get real sick and not be able to finish it to the point to use.

We used ours all last year with the inside unfinished. What you see in my pic's of the inside is how we are useing it now. Hope to get busy this spring with ours too. Just need a little warmer weather.

Take care and get better. There's a lot of summer fun ahead.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks Michcruiser60 and sanjay R too. I'm really bad today and have had a sinus headache all day long. I didn't go into the coach much and I hunted down the book for our coach as it has all the wiring and specs and then I have the P-30 motorhome chassis book to give me the torque specs. My eyes are very light sensitive today and I'm laying down in the tent with my sun glasses on.I don't think I will get this all done this year but next fall and spring I should be able to get it finished. We are waiting for the end of may ?? I think before leaving on the road.I just want to get as much done so we can move back in as this tent..has no air- conditioning in it!! And it's bloody well hot today! I think they said mid ninety's! It's breaking records everyday out here.We should have at best maybe 80' not 90's. and the nites are about right 50's and 60's.
Anyway, tomorrow is another day, I hope to kick this and quit wasting daylight!!
Later all, and thanks for care'in, Capt.Dan
Old 03-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, I am getting over the sinus problem and managed to get something done. The water tank and pump is all plumbed. And it things go like today, I should get most of the electric done. I have that project in the kitchen to finish and then I can sweep and Vacuum and finish the tile with the chemical and then seal all the wood with that mold sealer that is part of the kit! That is suppose to keep mold from growing wherever this is used. I'm holding them to there word! Thats it for now, Capt.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #23

Well, I have been working like a dog, but not on my rig. The good part of this is that i now have the cash built up to do my two first projects: the sub-floor and the 'fridge. I'll start taking pictures in a few days and start shortly after that on the projects. Capt, you take care of yourself. You cannot properly repair your ship when you are down sick. Get better so you can handle the job properly. It is a lot more fun that way anyway.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 05:56 PM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi there, I just posted my project over at your site. I'm feeling much better but company cut the day short so I didn't get anything done today. One other thing I need to find is electric boxes for the wall, sorry, meant half boxes. Need 5 so, I'm hunting tomorrow. Check in later, Capt.
Old 03-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi again,Found the electric boxes and got new plugs that handle 20 amps. The wire is 10 gage and that should handle 20+ amps without any problem. I'm going downtown tomorrow to find a subwoofer that can replace the speaker that the mice chewed thru!! I'm also looking for grilles for that speaker and the port too! **** mice anyway!! I need to get some of that eternalbond tomorrow too! **** stuff is gold to buy!! 3 of those 6X6 patches are $36.00. Ouch!
Got the ceiling to where I can fix it tomorrow.I will get some aluminum flashing for that rear corner.That and rubber roofing will take care of the roof! The ceiling is loose from the wood as it's a vinyl. The wood seems strong yet so I cleaned the ceiling and sprayed that area and tomorrow I can coat and texture the ceiling again. Have the wiring ready to hook up to the different places, just getting it done right,takes time! Should have most of that done by Weds or Thurs.
Will keep ya all up ta date as this part is coming to a end, thank God!! We might be able to move in this weekend or early next week. Capt.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
HI, I got the roof Stor-more removed and sure enough, It was leaking, so I got Eternabond and covered the holes,And placed a temp patch on that back corners. If we do get the rain,I can check it out to make sure there is no more leaks. I got more of the wiring done today and I got the wood needed to repair the frame around the bathtub and the redone entertainment center. With two pieces of plywood bonded to each other, it is almost a full 1" thick! that should hold everything..I would think! I got the fridge back in place and tomorrow should be all framed and finished. Got more to do, just making a lull to regrope. I'm going to finish the wiring and see if everything works and then if by Friday I have no leaks,I'll start the ceiling.
Later all, Dan
Old 03-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #27

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, I got almost all the electric wired! I have Maybe Half a day,And I should be ready to fry myself up well done!!
I didn't get the fridge done,I just worked getting the wiring pulled and getting the boxes wired and got the new Intel Charger wired and the new fuse panel for it. I have a meter that has a 20 Amp shunt built in so, I'll hit each circuit one at a time to see what it's powering and how many amps and then I'll Mark what it goes to and the Amp fuse it should be and then the next and so on. The 110volt is mostly a mystery a nothing is/or was marked and I only know where about 4 of the circuit breakers go. The rest are a total mystery. Guess I'll hit the breakers and check things out to see what the breakers go to. should have that done tomorrow and maybe the fridge too! Get that and If we get the rain that they say we are supposed to, I can check things out.The stor-more is not going back up on the roof as I have more than enough room in the truck for whatever we would have in there anyway. I never liked that thing anyway as it could make the unit somewhat top heavy.
Well thats it for now,Capt. Dan
Old 03-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #28

Vintage RV Owners Club
We'll, I didn't get much done as a good friend and fellow rv'er needed my help. So I didn't work on my coach at all. I had started to cut out that board for the entertainment center, But I had just got done with it and I got the call.
One good thing is it's raining and I can check out the coach for leaks! I'll let you know what I find tomorrow. Thats it for today, Capt.