Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:45 PM   #281

Vintage RV Owners Club
I will try and get the pictures tomorrow. The awning is not on the home yet and we will have to take it back down sometime next week or the week after. They have to get a new aluminum tube and wrap. It was dinged in shipping! The curtains for the front and back are not in yet but again they should be in soon and they can be installed at the same time. Now it will take a few days to get things back to where they belong and get everything out of the rv we have been staying in.
Anyway, I can get back to the rebuild in the kitchen and finish the bathroom off. The exterior still needs to be finished so I got plenty to do. Will catch you later,

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #282

Vintage RV Owners Club
Got it home but Have to take it back tomorrow as the a/c will not work at all! And I hit something and blew out the left front tire and when I was coming up the road a small piece of plywood came flying off the coach roof and almost hit a man on his bicycle!!! I will try and get some pictures later but I am beat and don't feel very good I hope tomorrow is better,

Old 11-08-2007, 09:56 AM   #283

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, I have to go to town to get the tire. I had to call them also at the rv shop as the toilet was Blocked! When he got here they found the cap they use to block the odors from the black tank and they put the toilet right on top of it!! Then he had trouble with the water line leaking amd that was no fun and I may have to call him back as I think it is still leaking. They also screwed up on some of the 110 volt wiring. They got that taken care of too! The awning is being returned and Eddie said to make a list! I don't really have any pictures as I was taking them during the rebuild so I will post more as I get to work on the Kitchen. Right now we are getting our stuff into the the rv from the other one and putting stuff away and cleaning as there was dust everywhere. Normal for the kind of rebuild and the roof of course.
I will check in later but I am already tired out. So Have a good one!!
Old 11-09-2007, 01:19 PM   #284

Well Dan,
Kind of hard to say anything with the problems your still having.The people who have been working on your MH are sure show stoppers.I'll leave it here.I hope from me to you things get cleared up as soon as possible.

Gary
Old 11-09-2007, 06:35 PM   #285

Vintage RV Owners Club
They fired two of the workers and there may be another one as Eddie was fighting with another employee. There was nobody around at all. Could have walked off with the store and Eddies lunch too! The employers didn't do some of the testing they are supposed to do and thats why things got left untouched or installed incorrectly. He told me to make a list of anything I find and then when we setup for the awning and curtains we can get the other stuff done then. One thing I am going to have to put in the shop is our DVR. It quit and the Hard drive is the culprit. But it is worthless as you can't even play a DVD let alone Make a copy of whatever show off the sat system. Sucks!! Its only a couple of years old! I guess Pioneer isn't worth anything anymore!
Anyway Thats all for now. We are still cleaning up and getting the marks off the white doors! I will have to touch up those I think! Still trying to get all the stuff put away where it belongs and get the front area cleared out so I can work on the kitchen. Later,
Old 11-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #286

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, More flys in the soup! My aunt is going to sale the land and home and move into a assisted living home downtown. We need to find another place to park with full hookups and able to work on the home. Am going to another town as there is no place here in this area. Don't think it will sale that quick but we will see. Still Cleaning up and finding things and all that kind of fun.Butterfly Lady is having a hard time with finding all the stuff in the boxes. Still am looking for any other bugs. Not finding any so that is a good thing. Once we can get stuff put away and we can find the floors, I can start on the Kitchen. That is about all for now. Not much of anything else as I haven't heard anything about the awning or the curtains yet. Hope they come in this week. We almost have everything out of the other rv we were staying in, So it can go to its new owners. Hope they have a big bank roll or are good at fixing things.It is a basket case. Check in later,
Old 11-12-2007, 07:00 PM   #287

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I got a call today from Eddie about the Curtains and track for the front and back. Seems they didn't get all the measurements needed for the order!!....OK!!!!! There coming up tomorrow to do the remeasure...What is next?? Can anything else screw up??? I had wanted to start on the rest of the lights today but a friend,[Fellow Rv'er], Needed my help today and that pretty much screwed the day up. I got one light done! Rightnow I'm enjoying the new fantastic vent in the bedroom/living room. That and the TV. Ain't HD wild!!!
Tomorrow is another day and should finish the lights and get the rest of the stuff out of the other rv and I can get on with the rebuild. Still looking for another place to live so I will get off and start checking..Again. Check in later,
Old 11-13-2007, 01:39 PM   #288

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, They came up and got all the measurements. They are using another company and they think these come with Valances. Thats why they needed other measurements and they wanted the model# and serial# too! So that should be in a few weeks from now. I wouldn't think they would be able to find info for a 30 year old coach with that model number! As for the serial number....Your guess is as good as mine.Anyway I gotta get back t work, so much to do so little time....
Old 11-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #289

Dusty is only 28 years old, not 30. Felicity is 30 years old, having been made in 77. . .
Oh wow, make that 31, while yours is still only 29. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 AM   #290

Vintage RV Owners Club
Aw,Shucks!! Shoot me for a year!!
Actualy, The chassie was made in 1978 but the motorhome was made in 1979. Don't make any difference as when I get finished it will be a 2007!!!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #291

Yeppers,
I have had the cake and candles for Dusty's rebirth,but seems like Dusty is being stuborn alittle.

Baby is a 1981 so that would make it,hummm,lets see,26 years old.Yep,just a Baby.Just starting to get it broken in.LOL
Old 11-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #292

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry to say I won't be around much as My computer pooped out on me so I will get back to you later, Dan
Old 11-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #293

Vintage RV Owners Club
When it rains, It pours!!! Butterfly lady took a fall and twisted her ankle real bad so this weekend is kinda shot! I did get the rest of our stuff out of the other rv and it was on its way to its new home today! All I can say is Good Luck!! He's gonna need it!!! It was low on trans fluid and I didn't see any leak so I don't know where it was leaking at but as I didn't see any smoke from the exhaust I'd say on or both Seals was seeping!!I can't beleave he found someone that would pay $4000. for that???? I'd sell this one for $60,000.00 cash. And I'd finish it for them!!!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #294

Vintage RV Owners Club
Been trying to get where we can go over to a friends place and pull the front tires off and take the brakes off and repack the bearings, Clean the rails the capular slides in and pad thickness and then I want to do the rears too! drain the rear-end, Pull the tires and check the pad thickness and when i have it all back together, Flush and bleed the brakes, After that I can air all the tires up to 90psi and mount the tires back on and then i have the new levelers to mount and the battery box to weld to the frame and get that finished and after christmas and the new year, We are thinking about going to Imperial Dam BLM! Give this pup a royal shakedown! That is if roadrunner can get our stuff and get it installed. Thats the plan at least! Hope things can work out that way! That would give us about 4 months to get the kitchen done and things ready for next years trip!
On another note, I should get my computer back tomorrow!! I miss having mine!! Thats all for now,
[URL= ] [URL= ] Happy Thanksgiving!!!