Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #295

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quick note, Still no done on computer,Tomorrow and I will have to load all the problems as it will have a new hard drive in it! Thats what was wrong with it! Good thingI got it with a extended warranty!
Deb and I have been trying to figure out where to put the stuff for or pending trip to Imperial Dam. Hoping to get things here done and the awning and curtains and the other stuff too!! We can work on it there at the camp! Anyway, Need more space...somewhere!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2007, 03:46 PM   #296

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, The computer is back. Only using XP for now! I found a problem with the chat rooms here with Vista so I will wait till SP1 comes out in the spring. That way i can use the chat rooms here.
Still waiting for the things to come in and am working on the Kitchen some and still trying to find places for all the stuff Displaced by the construction. Want to get on the road and am tired of waiting for roadrunner to get there buns in gear!! Keep on and I'm going down and park in there yard till they fix it!
Thats about all so Happy thanksgiving and catch you later,

Old 11-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #297

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, As some of you know, We lost a granddaughter on October 31, 2003. She slept right where we used to put up a Christmas Tree. Havn't had one since. We have had a lot of feedback on this subject so after much looking and window shopping..We have a 16" tall tree above the bed! No lights and nothing fancy but it is a tree..A Christmas Tree. I will try and see if I can get it here on this post. Sometimes I could and lots of other times No way so here goes!

By the way Merry Christmas to one and all!!
Old 12-01-2007, 03:54 PM   #298

Cap, When looking at that tree, try and remember the REAL reason for <span class="ev_code_RED">Christ</span><span class="ev_code_GREEN">mas</span>, and know that your granddaughter is with Him now. A much better place than here.

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:37 PM   #299

Dan,
This is the first time I have heard of you loss.I guess in part,these sites allow you to get to know people that are on them.
I am Jewish so I'm left with lighting candles.LOL.
Don't get caught up in the sadness of the season that I have watched over the years.Try to remember all the limited good years we have left on God's green earth and it is our mission to live each momment as if it was our last.Try your best to stay positive and share that with friends and family this time of the year.It is that light that we can choose to walk in that will be what we remember and our family will remember best.The happiness we spread to all.

Your Friend,

Gary
Old 12-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #300

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gary, Thanks Friend!! I don't remember having the computer when this happened as the old VA10 had died and we hadn't bought the Toshiba and that means we were not members here yet. I haven't really talked about it much as its still like a knife stuck in my side and I haven't been able to pull it out. We used to put our tree on the engine cover and when My daughter was here with Rene,We used the stand to give her a place to put the bed. She died one October day and was discovered By my daughter. She freaked out totally and she had every right. Sids is such a Terrible thing and its just a shame they can't figure out what causes it!Maybe its a personal problem with us but we just haven't been able to really enjoy the holidays since. We go to the partys sometimes and we do have gifts for the kids but we just havn't had a tree or wreath or lights since. So many people have told us it takes time and to do it with baby steps but it is now 4 years and I still couldn't put our tree there...Where she..ya know? We put this one up after they kept saying to place it somewhere else. And that is what we did...
I wish for all to have a great holiday wherever you be, whatever faith!! May God bless and reward you all a safe and joyous one, Dan
Old 12-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #301

Fleamarketer, this season is just as much yours as it is for Christians. Remember, Jesus was Jewish. . . Then again, 8 days of presents versus one? Hmmmm. . . .

Of course, in both those cases the real reason for the holiday(s) is to remember the presents we got all those years ago, instead of the ones that we are getting today.

Dan, I said it before, and it bears repeating: The real reason for Christmas is to celebrate the birth of the one who taught us how to never fear death again. Your Granddaughter is with Him now. While that may be sad for you, her suffering is done with. Remember that, instead of your loss. Be happy for her, as I'm sure she would want you to be.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #302

Vintage RV Owners Club
Now thats my kind of Holiday!!! Happy Hanukkah Fleamarketer!! oops, One evening to soon!! Thats ok, If you don't see it till tomorrow evening! And so you will know my step sister is of the same faith and shes pretty Cool!!
I found some red led string sets and brought one home and now the tree has lights!! They don't show to well with the lights on but I will try and get them here...I hope!

Old 12-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #303

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Well I got the new tire on the left front today and found a couple of leaks that will need to be checked out and repaired! The first is somewhere in the power steering pump lines somewhere. That pump runs the power Steering, The Hydropak power brakes and the windshield wipers too! It was flushed and new fluid was put in and I put a couple of Oz. of brake fluid in to soften up the seals but I may have missed something. The second is the radiator system. It was only down about a quart so It may have had to burp and That would be all the problem.Will keep my eye on it! I have everything but the electric and sat dish all disconnected. The wood for the levelers all collected and the tire covers off. I could go to California right now and I could get away with it! But like I said before, They would call me in a heartbeat and want me to come in and get this thing finished so I will...Wait for now....
Old 12-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #304

Vintage RV Owners Club
GRRRR, I hate these stupid electrical systems!!!!!

We got here and had to tear out half the electrical system before that stupid white wire bit me with 110volts!! Yes, I said that White wire!!!!!!!!!! Why do these stupid people apply for jobs when they don't have a dang clue what is the correct way to do something]\[plicgxFAgy8k
fdah85kl09

87;5

I'mHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a call from the roadrunner rv today! It seems that they NO Longer sale a Teal curtain. They did!! But they screwed around till they have run out of that color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iddits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@#$%^&U*IO)_)(*& ^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@$&*(())&^#@$$#%^&*())&^*% #@$!$%^&*()P&O&^#@$!#$&*()&^%$@#!$$^%&)(*)P&O^*%#$ @^^**(&)UIPTEYWRY^^*&(UIOPULHTESRWAE$#%$%
Old 12-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #305

I'll second that. . .on both counts. Good to see you are taking it so calmly. I would have been in jail by now. . .

Old 12-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #306

Vintage RV Owners Club
IF, They were in Tucson....They be swiss cheese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Past Pi^^^^!!! I'm that close to making a trip to California! And I don't really like that area of Cal.
Old 12-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #307

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, There is a company in California that is being blasted!! Should have the curtains by this coming Friday! The next Monday or Tuesday we should be getting the awning and curtains and the bugs we have found taken care of! A&E screwed up and sent the new awning back in Bright aluminum and we had ordered black and the got it Thursday in black and checked for damage,None!! I have got our electric put back together and is working. I got a new tool that tests the plugs and will let you know if they have the plug wired right or if the ground is really ground. I found out that the inverter I got was not a hard wired model and in fact would have to run it all the time and thats not what I need so... I have found a model made by Xantrex and has the name Pro 1800 Inverter. It is designed to run off a bank that has a separate charger and is Modified sine wave and is designed to e hard wired so Now I have to switch with the dealer and get on with it! That one was my own fault as It looked like it was designed to be hard wired but what was received was a portable. OPS!!! I wish that was the only thing we have got that was not right but i found a few bugs here and there. But things are getting done here and there. I am so tired of waiting for our home to be ready to go on the road again!
I am waiting on the painting and striping for awhile, and the kitchen too...Maybe on the kitchen. I want to live..yet??!! Have to see.
Well, Thats it for now, It is a good thing that the company IS in Cal in the LA area or I would have gone to jail as someones neck would be stretched!!!I love granny knots, I'm not to sure he would but thats his problem!!!!!!!

I have calmed down but the stress is getting me down. My blood sugar was 290 this morning and they are sending new meds to me and if this don't work, its time for the needles...
Anyway, Thats it for now, Dan
Old 12-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #308

Dan,
I love camping,my RV,the people I have met,but first and for most I love me.Now you take care of yourself,OK??????