Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #309

Vintage RV Owners Club
If...I don't bang there heads together first!
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #310

Vintage RV Owners Club
Today is better! i had a good time with SanjayR and Chilled 0ut with some good tunes on the hifi and Deb was at a christmas party the all girls thing. I was going to try and maybe get the front levelers in place to see what has to be done to mount and no way, Its quick sand!! I bet if I moved the coach two to three feet it would sink to the frame!! And Now the weather man wants to be used as a target!!! Calling for rain and then ..more rain and then it goes to the 30's?? And moe rain!!?? What the heck happened to global warning!!!??
Old 12-09-2007, 06:56 PM   #311

sounds like you need pontoons instead of levelers on that rig. . . Make yourself a houseboat. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #312

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm Back! Sanjay I did a system restore last night as it got so bad. I took it back till it was when i got it back from the shop on 20 Oct. All the files and programs were there but nothing worked!! I never had that happen before but then I don't remember ever using that far back before so maybe that was why. I worked last night till 0300. And have been working on it for almost the all day too! Right now its the bookmarks I'm trying to find!!
Its raining here and is supposed to get snow flurry's so I am keeping the camrea out so if.... they are calling for the flurry's in Tucson, and we are higher that they are so ???
Old 12-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #313

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Back to the drawing board!!! Deb found a leak in the back window{new]!!! I have called and they want us down there tomorrow. Well be there to see what they did wrong!!! Its looking like another setback! Check in later, Dan
Old 12-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #314

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, We are back! They resealed the window and just for kicks and giggles sealed the clearance lights! Time and rain will tell!
I was cleaning the windshield and side glass and was using some 91% wood alcohol, And had a soda right beside it and Picked it up by accident and One swallow later I was trying to get it all out and i pretty much did but it still cost me five hours and a long walk to get it out of my system. I still have a sore belly. Darn, that was dumb!!! getting old is no fun!!!
Old 12-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #315

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'd sure like to find out what they did with my computer!! The night before no problems and the next day the keyboard was hardly working. You type a letter and That letter might show up in say 3-4 seconds! The mouse worked just fine But anyway, Its in the shop and I should find out what happened around the 20th....
Old 12-17-2007, 05:21 AM   #316

Dan,
I have used windex and old newspapers to clean windows for years.Super clean end result.Seems the news print has something to do with it.The accident you had isn't funny at all.I hope you are ok and are feeling better.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #317

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fleamarketer:
Dan,
I have used windex and old newspapers to clean windows for years.Super clean end result.Seems the news print has something to do with it.The accident you had isn't funny at all.I hope you are ok and are feeling better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not the print, but the paper itself. Really high absorbency and strong. Also it is cheap to get a hold of. No need to buy the expensive name brand window cleaner either, as the cheap stuff (that you can get at the dollar store, for example) works just as well if you polist the glass yourself (that is what the newspaper is for. Professionals have been doing it this way for quite a long time. . .

Dan, it is starting to look like your system is corrupted beyond their capacity to repair. This is simple to check: When you turn on the computer, does it say "Welcome to Windows"?
(Grin, duck, and run). . .

Old 12-17-2007, 07:03 PM   #318

Vintage RV Owners Club
There is a story about this window cleaning but was going to let dead dogs lie! My daughter was living here with us for awhile and used the front to put her stuff and Our grand-daughters stuff. She pushed the rubber backed curtains up against the glass and the rubber came off in the 120+ temps! The side windows have plastic tint and You can't use a razor blade on it! I was using the alcohol to get the rubber off the side windows. I was able to get it off the windshield with the razor blade scraper.
I got a call from Road Runner today and we are going down tomorrow to get all the other stuff that we had been waiting for done. Everything is in! The awning, The curtains, The backup camera and figure out what they did to the wiring as the CB will not work the cruse control and the electric fans in the radiator area All need to be ..fixed as they all don't work! Yes...They did...
I got one other fly in my soup! Our mail is MIA.. So far two of our boxes are MIA!!! The U.S. Mail says thats what you get for using Mail Forwarding and I want to reach thru the phone and grab him by his throat and squeeze...Real hard!!
In the ten years we have had F.M.C.A;We have never had a package come up missing!!! This is not F.M.C.A'S fault!! This is not Christmas time slowdown. We could get a Christmas Card from the friged state of Maine in five days in third class, No less! But Priority is coming from Ohio to Az. And it is 10,plus days and there is no way to track a priority box. And to top this off, My Diabetes Meds and testing supplys were in that box!!! And whatever else came in that week! You don't go to the VA and tell them sorry They never showed up!! They look at you like you crawled out from under a rock!
I should be finished by Thursday or Friday. I hope my computer is done at the same time. I have a few things I can work on while waiting for them to get the work done.
Check in Later so have a good one,
Old 12-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #319

Vintage RV Owners Club
'Dan, it is starting to look like your system is corrupted beyond their capacity to repair. This is simple to check: When you turn on the computer, does it say "Welcome to Windows"?
(Grin, duck, and run). . .[/QUOTE]

No! It shows the start-up screen for Dell and then Windows XP and the little bar underneath scrolls a study pattern and then my start up screen and then my password and then my normal screen. I am thinking that the cd rom with that XP Pro on it was a bad copy! I don't have a disc of the OS software. Computer was reconditioned and they don't give you a OS disc! PITA!!!!!
Hope to have it back Thursday!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 PM   #320

I hope so too. I'm having a Dell of a time just waiting for you to return. . .

Old 12-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #321

Vintage RV Owners Club
It has been a busy day! Got here about 8 am and they started the new curtains up front first. Thats done! The back curtains are next but they had problems with the installation of the awning. It is almost finished on the outside but they have to run the rest of the wiring to do and the wiring for the cab area to get everything working again. They need to finish the back curtain. All that done I will be able to go camping in January! I got a couple of things to do while here myself. But I can do it anytime tomorrow as they have a busy scudule tomorrow and that will get them to finish this work on Thursday.
Thats about all for now,I have pictures but am not looking for the cables needed to download the pictures into this computer. I will get them maybe tomorrow. Will check in later,
Old 12-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #322

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Pictures are in and will add as I get them! Lost a camera for awhile and didn't get any pictures of the new clearance lights but they are done. I have a ground somewhere not doing it's job! Left Headlight is dim. Am going to try and find the bad connection tomorrow as things were crazy around here.
One thing that was special is they had a Christmas Party and we got invited to join in! They had Pork Ribs! And Chicken and shredded beef and Baked beans and cole slaw and Corn on the cob....MMMMMnmmm Good!!! They think they should be able to get her done tomorrow! If not Friday for sure as they are closed Saturday to Wednesday morning for Christmas sooo...After that done we have a set of levelers to weld and a battery box to weld and we should be ready for the highway!! Have a good one, Capt.Dan!