Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:09 PM   #323

Vintage RV Owners Club
Finished till New Years!! They found some missing and damaged Items for the awning. It is on but not working Everything else is done from them! I still have my work cut out! The kitchen and the paint and striping to be done! Am waiting till out at slab city! I have some more pictures but will have to wait till I get more of the stuff needed for the Linux system I have installed in this computer. They wanted another $180. to put another copy of XP Pro and they were told to Pound Sand!!! So, I am trying another OS. Will check in later, Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #324

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, More problems!! Seems the oil pump went up on the truck and I am going to have to Pull teh motor and see what damage was done.
When it rains........

Old 12-26-2007, 08:43 PM   #325

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Say goodbye to Little Dusty! She died hard. Spun a rod bearing and the Crank is done in. Finding rod and main bearings is easy the hard part is getting the crank and the oil pump! I have a chance to get a Isuzu trooper II and it will be a V-6 and standard 5-Speed,Same colors as mine and in fair shape! The old man that has it had his driving license taken as he was about half blind and getting to feeble so they made him park it! Its needing a battery and maybe a front bumper repair..all minor! The hitch for the stowmaster will be the hardest part and it should be in good shape otherwise. I guess I need to get another picture for the Avitor, have to see about that I guess. Later, Dan
Old 12-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #326

Vintage RV Owners Club
ok, If this works you should see the states map instead of the rear of the old truck.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #327

Vintage RV Owners Club
O Boy, New truck and computer! Too much to list all but will get back to ya all later, Dan
Old 01-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #328

NEW TOYS!!! You just want to play with your new truck and computer!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #329

Vintage RV Owners Club
Actually, I would rather have my truck but you know how that goes......
As for the computer.. Yes, this one is new and no..I didn't do it! There was problems from the get go but I thought it was the Vista. it seems there was a problem with the motherboard and they needed to redesign and it was cheaper to just give us [and others with that same computer] a new one instead! It seems ok, but will see...
Old 01-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #330

Vintage RV Owners Club
Slowly, I am getting used to this Isuzu. I'm still not real happy with it but it is in fair shape, And fixable so I started today working, really working on the Isuzu. I need to get pictures of this truck but If i remember, I will get some tomorrow. I am redoing the front bumper and nose so I can use a 4X4 metal post thats stronger than the aluminum one and also so I can share the welded bumper mount for the mount of the hitch, For the tow system. There is no air bags on this model so I haven't got to worry about that but the bumper will not bend so easy and will hurt anyone other than me!! My back is in bad enough shape without some dimwit ramming into me...and hurting me even more. I got to cut the 4X4 down to size and paint and mount on the truck tomorrow. And while waiting for Direct TV to bring us another outside dish so we can get our HD channels, I can work on the truck. I have got to remember to call Road Runner RV tomorrow and see when they want us to bring the rv down so they can get this buggy done!
Guess thats about it for now, Hope ya all are keeping warm and or enjoying the travels, Later, Dan
Old 01-17-2008, 05:15 PM   #331

Yeah Dan,
Here in Roch NY it's going into the teens over the wkend.Sure enough I have chosen this wkend to get the donor V8 Astro for Ole Yellar back home from Evansville In.Lake effect snows expected too.Going to be interesting ride home.Tuff part is to find a rental place that will to rent me a dolly because most of them want you to rent their trucks over letting me use my Astro LT to tow home the donor. Astro.Grrrr.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:04 PM   #332

Vintage RV Owners Club
You may not beleave this but I saw a all wheel drive Astro with the V-6 4.3L pulling a Allegro Dodge chassis motorhome down the o'le highway!!!!!
Did a double take for sure!!!! Thought I'd make your day, Enjoy the snow!!!
Sorry, But I was busy and didn't get any pictures yet but should be able to get some of the new toad tomorrow. Just way toooo much going on. We have to be at Road runner on the 28th and am planning to head out from there,
Old 01-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #333

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ok, I got some pictures of the new toad and there is some other pictures of the awning install I forgot I took as the computer was in the shop. The pictures of the toad show the minor damage I have ready to finish and paint. The bumper will be a 4X4 piece of steel and the hitch will mount below that! I need to find a grill and rt corner light. and I am not buying a new corner light as it will cost over a hundred bucks and I told them for that price it should come with gold plating!! They must be smoking some wacky weed or something??? The grill I can get for $75.used and I hope it includes the corner light too!!!
Thats it for now, Dan
Old 01-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #334

Dan,
try JC Whitney. I know the corner light assembly and the headlight covers are way cheaper there than at the Dealership or other auto parts stores. Can't hurt to check them out online.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:45 PM   #335

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks lorna, I will check them out. I worked on it all day today running wire for running lights and stereo rear speakers. got the compass/temp unit installed and the sat radio with the cd stereo done but the sub. The cb/weather radio is done too. Will get some other pictures when i get it finished. later, oh, I almost forgot, have you heard anything out of Sanjay?? He did something to his pictures and it flagged my email as he's on the watch list.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #336

Vintage RV Owners Club
The only thing new on Dusty is that we are to report Monday to Road Runner RV and they are going to finish her so that part will be, at long last, Done!! I have been working on the Isuzu and getting it ready to travel and have done quite a bit to it but it needs more done and I am getting parts up and getting them sent to me. I have a lot of of work to get the hitch and tow system finished. My main problem right now is the speedometer. I have a new cable and casing but it still won't run so I keep getting a check engine light and the engine starts sputtering when that happens so I have got the driven gear out and it is cracked. I will get one Monday. The interesting thing about this model is one of my neighbors bought one thats a year newer and has some of the same issues as mine but we have been checking each other out as he is getting ready to retire and so is his wife and they just got a 94 I think it is RV and the Isuzu is also going to be there toad too!! He got ripped off though as I paid about 4 for mine and he got his for over twice that so He feels..Dumb! He wanted to trade me his dodge and I wouldn't as his dodge was not towable. Lorna He has to buy new front lights and I made a deal for the old lights so I can get a right light. His is only cracked but the left has a hole in it. I can fix the crack and use it as i don't care as much as to what it looks like as to its safety and that it runs correctly!
I will update later. i found the material I want to make my countertops from and should look great when finished. catch you later,