Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #337

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, maybe it will be done... They had two controllers and one was a paperweight and the other a little better but only!! they will need to contact A&E tomorrow and see what it needs to get it going!! I am at wits end!! i would like to have a expensive barbecue!! You bring the burgers and I will supply the fire!!!i am soo discouraged.. I almost want to sale it and go with something....else!!! The truck and the motorhome and now the Trooper and what IS next???

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2008, 04:58 PM   #338

Hang in there Dan.It's almost over.I got one candle lit for Dusty's rebirth day cake.Let me know when I can light the rest of the candles.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #339

Vintage RV Owners Club
I am still waiting to find out if the "New" controller will work...When they get it... As for anything else...Nothing new to report. As for the government i am going to get about $1200 back from uncle Sam but the VA is charging me $900+ for meds and co-pays....Can I say Lube job????
Old 01-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #340

Vintage RV Owners Club
FYI, I may be missing around here for a few days. I am having some testing being done and i can't be in two places at the same time and they don't allow personal computers in the hospital areas so i will return...Dan
Old 02-02-2008, 07:25 PM   #341

Vintage RV Owners Club
Starting tomorrow i will be eating...nothing....Drinking but no food, no nsaids and no diabetic meds. broth tomorrow and nothing Monday but the drink and in the evening Monday I have another drink to make me even more sick and then go in Tuesday and have more fun with the va doctors..... Clap,Pause...be still my beating little heart!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #342

Vintage RV Owners Club
So far nothing?? I got the testing done and they found 7 polyps! Am waiting to find out if there is anything like cancer?? I hope not but will let ya all know. I'm glad that test is done but I slept through it all and woke up in recovery so anyway I'm in a holding pattern.
Now, As for the coach, I am still waiting for the new controller and I need to check in tomorrow. as for the truck... I am having a hard time finding a dead short in the park/running lights! The mice love to chew the wiring, and I have the fun job to fix it all...Anyway thats pretty much all that has happened this week.Enjoy the older vehicles and keep em running!!!!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:42 PM   #343

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, got the results back today, No Cancer!! I have been working on the truck and am close to having the draw-bar installed!! I am still waiting for the dealer to get the control box for the awning. Latter, Dan
Old 02-14-2008, 06:56 PM   #344

I guess you and the Butterfly Lady have lots to celebrate this Valentine's Day!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #345

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yes we do!!! And the truck is coming along fine too!!! Now if they can get our awning fixed I can get back to business!!! That would be fixing the kitchen!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #346

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Little Dusty too took its last ride today. yep, to the recyclers and wouldn't you know it..They had problems with there computers and they had a bunch of PO'd people as the only other one is way down on the southeast side of the city, So we took dusty to My friends daughter which is about 6 blocks from there! Tomorrow we finish the deed....I wish I could have found the parts I needed to fix her with but wasn't to be....Will miss that little truck, I used to use the little engine that could but it couldn't the last time out...
Tomorrow I will get the truck there and then I will find out how much we get and go from there.
The Trooper is coming along nicely and with some more work will be just as good as Dusty too was!! Minor issues but nothing I can't fix or find. There are a bunch of these around so no shortage of parts to fix with. Had a guy ask if I wanted to buy his 89 today!! I have a couple of shots of it this evening. Coming along,maybe better than little Dusty, time will tell!!
The bumper is off so I can put the draw bar on. Should have that done this week as long as the weather holds..

Old 02-19-2008, 06:00 PM   #347

Vintage RV Owners Club
hi, I got the hitch done and tomorrow i should have the Bumper made and on. Thank god for plasma cutters!! Have the body work done on the front and painted. i will post a couple of pictures so you can see the work.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #348

Vintage RV Owners Club
hi, Bumper done and all painted but may be in vain...It looks like we will Have to put on a disconnect and change to Manual locking hubs on the front..Not cheap!!
Old 02-23-2008, 12:09 PM   #349

Vintage RV Owners Club
Have a couple of Pictures of the front bumper and the hitch I will add. The front edges need to be smoothed and repainted but right now i don't have the energy to do it. I will be doing some more tests this week and hope there isn't any cancer but something is not right here so i will see if thee new test will come up with anything. As for the toad..I need to finish the toad system and some other repairs but It is coming along nicely!
here are the latest photos:

Old 02-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #350

Dan,
It is not a matter of "if" we get together,moreover it is a matter of "when".Just wrap you mind around that.

Yours,

Gary