Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #351

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks Gary, I go for this new test tomorrow morning at 11am. have to be there about 1/2 hour earlier. I am not happy about this as they are trying to find something that is eluding the doctors and that really scares the He!! out of me!! They don't know what for sure, but they keep looking...
On the toad, I am still trying to find out if it is all wheels down towable or if not what mods to do that will allow it to be towed. i found a guy on another forum that said he had towed his a bunch with no issues! The guys at Remco have a disconnect for Automatics, and NO listing for the Manual trans?? Talking with the man was like I was from mars! He couldn't give me a straight answer. I have had a couple who said that without a Neutral on the transfer case that it would need a driveshaft disconnect. I have been told that it also would need front Manual Locks for the front axle. Mine has Auto Locks for the 4X4. There was One who said I needed both and he seemed to know what he was saying, So, I am going to have to do it and hope for the best. I have found a set of Manuel Locks for $150.00. The disconnect is for almost $700.00, then there is the guy down town that will cut fit weld and balance that shaft. That will be around $400.00. Can i say Ouch!!!! I will let you know how it goes, Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2008, 05:49 PM   #352

Dan,
I don't know about 4x4's,but I would think a free wheel tow would be the only way to be sure.(Total disconnect of the tranfere case)

Old 02-26-2008, 06:07 PM   #353

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Well, The testing is over!!! They found a ulcer and that is why The blood tests and the other tests was coming up strange!! Change a med and dose and I should be OK!!!
As for the Isuzu, I am looking for a set of manual locks for the front and as soon as I can afford it I will get the disconnect.
Tomorrow, I am helping my cousin to get her vehicle to pass emissions! Its a old 72 IH Scout!!! has the Big block in it! 4X4 and a automatic with PS,PB and A/C!! If I thought it would handle ok, I would try and trade even but she won't depart with it. Hang in there Gary, Spring is in the air and it will be there soon too!!

Old 02-27-2008, 02:50 AM   #354

For the locks look at this site:www.car-part.com
Old 02-27-2008, 07:18 PM   #355

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Gary, you are not going to beleave this!! I found a flat trailer that was being made to haul?? But it is a old travel Trailer and was made by Coachmen!!! The guy that has it is a son of my friend we rent from. Has four good tires and the electric brakes work on all fours. Price... $150!!!
I have another friend who is wanting to travel part-time and bought a 36 footer and is getting a Jeep as a toad! I am making a deal for My stowmaster and the brake Buddy and the wiring and diodes and all the stuff needed to tow a Jeep behind a Class A!!!
This is two great things in two days...Yes, I got lottery tickets!! I guess I will find out Saturday!!!! I should have enough money from the sale to Buy the trailer and get it titled as a home made trailer and get Permanent tag for it and fix a few things on the Isuzu!! Man, just when you are getting down the man upstairs gives you a bone with meat on it!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #356

Dan,
could use some of that luck here.I have a friend who picked up my V8 Astro donor van(the one which I am taking the power train out of it for Ole Yellar) from Evansville In for me and brought it back to his house in Cincinnati Ohio which will save me 6hrs travel time because that is closer to Rochester NY.I planned on going to his house this Sunday and wouldn't you know it-the Lt's tie rods and idler arms are going to have to be replaced.Not usre on the costs right now,but I will find out tomorrow morning.Gezzzzzz-when will ever end with problems already.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #357

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thats been me for severial months but it has sure turned around this week!! Good luck with the engine and parts,Dan

Old 02-29-2008, 07:57 PM   #358

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Lets see...I am making $700 on the hitch and brake buddy. Cost of trailer $150, Lights around $80. another $20 for the wire. A Controller for the brake system $100. And I want to get some things fixed on the truck. And I need web Straps for the trailer that hold the truck down on the bed, Have no Idea yet what that will cost.I may break even. This don't include tags and title and taxes!! But will have a one time tag as it is under 6000 pds!! never needs to be renewed. Anyway, It ain't over,until its over!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #359

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I got my work cut out on the trailer but I have a question for those on the forum, I have a storage thing made By Rubbermaid. Has plenty of room for tables and chairs ect. I am wondering if I can Mount this down with Over-sized washers and Lag bolts. in the front and pull the truck right up it it and go on down the road. It feels light enough and the opening doors would be facing the truck and there is a place to put a padlock. The trailer is about half finished and I will need to finish it and paint it as well but the frame and wood floor is new and intact.Lets see if I can do this with Picture trails...

Ok, the trailer looks a lot worse than it is..It has set for over two years now with nothing being done as the kid just quit working on it! The framework for the ramps are made and the fender cover is that piece of yellow steel. I need lights and the brakes and tires are in great shape. I haven't done anything yet so maybe next week I can get it looking better once it is cleaned up. I am going to use epoxy with some sand to make it non-skid.The epoxy will seal the wood and it will last as long as the trailer itself. I am thinking of painting the framework white and green pinstripes..We shall see. Later, Dan
Old 03-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #360

Vintage RV Owners Club
Been Busy lately..Work still goes on with the toad and I plan to get on with the trailer later this week or next. Right now I is waiting for more funds to come in. Weather is nice!! Need to start soon on the Kitchen on the Motorhome. Need to get more done so we can exit Arizona or at least to go north for awhile. Have to wait and see. Like SanjayR said. Busy working on everyones but mine!!
Later,
Old 03-18-2008, 07:16 PM   #361

Vintage RV Owners Club
One new thing, They finally got the controller for the awning and we will take it down Monday morning! Hope that finishes the rebuild from them and i can geet started on my end again. I have been waiting for this as I knew that IF...I started anything on the coach they would call me so I have waited. Now I have three projects to work on. And one of them will be done by next month. The trailer will take a few days, and I can turn to the fun in the kitchen. Its getting warmer so I can leave the doors and windows open while working on it.
Thats all for this week, have a good one,
Old 03-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #362

Hey Dan-what happened to "Capt" in your name????.Oh what hey-what's in a name any-who???.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #363

Vintage RV Owners Club
I picked up a hat in north Arizona that look slike something from Australia and then I got this Trooper, And my friends started calling me Wallaby Dan, So...A Look at my Picture shows what I mean but I have been told that I am driving from the wrong side!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #364

Dan-while working on the trooper you need to locate a right hand drive for it.(steering right hand that is)That way in a town that doesn't know ya,you could really claim to be from there.LOL