Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #365

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep!! That would work!! I need to vent for a couple of minutes if thats ok?? I have traced all the lines on the A/C system and when I got back to the low pressure connection the "sniffer" went crazy so the valve core was leaking. Leak solved. Had it running and still not getting anything so we think blockage. I dump in the canister we use to recycle R-134 in and it goes to vacuum. Took the lines loose and nothing blocked so now its time to pull the expansion valve out and also check the evaporator for blockage. The Expansion valve is not opening up so I need a new one. Down the the auto parts store and they look it up and come out with another one that looks like mine and I come back here and go to install the darn thing and the connectors are backwards!! I take it back down and the kid had the nerve to "tell me that I was trying to install it backwards"!!! I am 55, I teethed on old 40's era cars trucks and all kinds of farm equipment. And I have done severial A/C jobs before. Anyway I get into a shouting match and I'm ..that close to punching out the kid when the manager came out and told him to go ...somewhere and said he understood what the kid said to me and would have come out sooner but was laughing to hard to come out with a smile on his face!! Now I enter laughing!! What boat did this kid fall off of anyway?? Don't they test these Kids before they turn them loose on a counter??? I think they fired him?? And that could be a good thing!!!! Ok, I feel somewhat better, But back to the wrong part, The manager looked it up and came up with the same part number and so ..got out the old books and started looking it up again and sure enough they made two different models for mine. The one I need is the one No longer made.....So Tomorrow I will make the trip down to Century Air in downtown Tucson to get the right part as they make them right there sometimes. I had them make me a new set of hoses for the rv and I had one made for the Mazda too! These guys are that good!!! So anyway I will have the RIGHT part for my trooper and I can start putting the dash together again tomorrow. Right now it isn't drivable.Not with pieces of dash all over the place. this is not one of the easier jobs to do!! Anyway with that job done I can charge the A/C and be cool when it hits the 90's and 100's this spring and summer!! I get this done I can wait for awhile for the next project. I have the side steps ready to weld on and they look great. I want to replace the front upper a-arm bushings and upper ball joints and the outer C/V joint boots and clean it up before I use the grease. That done I need top put the skid pans back on and then a front end alignment and it will be done!!! But I am gong to wait till I have more funds for that. I want to get the truck to bring up the trailer so I can take a full inventory of what I have and what I need and Then get it done so I can pull the truck behind the motorhome!
We may have to leave here as the son of our landlord is thinking about moving his Mobile home here to help his mom and dad. That means no connections so We will be needing them. thats just a idea at this time but ???? I am looking for a Mobile Home /Rv park to park in as they sometimes allow you to do repairs on the home. Another thing that is going down is not the price of Fuel.I don't know how many out there are on a pension but we are and 1300 a month is not enough for 4-6 tanks of fuel to go down the road. Maybe a tank a month... Anyway that whats going on for now. I got more things going on than I need, But thats pretty much how my luck is....

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2008, 03:16 PM   #366

Holy Crow Dan-did I open a can of worms here??.Really didn't mean to do that.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:31 PM   #367

Vintage RV Owners Club
No, don't blame yourself!! I just got a Dummy who flunked out of school, Most likely the Elementary school!!! I went to Century Air and they had the right part and it cost me around 10 bucks less than the other place. This evening I got BIG TIME ICY A/C!!!!!
Tomorrow I am going to weld my new side steps on and that will be it for me. I quit for a couple of days!! Monday I get to take out the rv and get it finished so I can start the Kitchen rebuild. I am also getting the trailer out ands see what all I need for it.
That all for now,
Old 03-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #368

Vintage RV Owners Club
Got it all did!!!!

Next is Monday, We go and get this awning done!! Will see if My luck will change for the better,
Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 PM   #369

Vintage RV Owners Club
Third times a charm!!! The awning is Finally Fixed!!! We are able to use it and already have since we got home. I was in the shade of that awning to work on the trailer today! I got the ramps off as I need to change the way they mount. I put the Tongue-Jack on the trailer and got some of the boards off as I need to make some minor changes for me. You know how that is? I have a bunch of wire to run and lights to mount and I need to figure out a few things before I Put the deck down for good!! I got the lag bolts and all the drill bits to burn trying to put the lag bolts in!! Thats it, Dan
Old 03-25-2008, 07:49 PM   #370

Vintage RV Owners Club
Made my Fenders for the tires today. That yellow piece of metal was just the right size. I am going to see what I have to do tomorrow to make the ramps as the ones there are too long and need to be about maybe half that long, and I don't want to have them on hinges. I want to have them to be in a joint that lets you take them off after loading the truck. I'm getting old and can't remember the name of that style of connection but it is not on a hinge. I should be able to use the Plasma cutter like I did today for those fenders. I got a few other things done to the Motorhome but minor as Deb is working on her hobby and trying to sort out about four boxes that we need to go thru to try and find some pictures that we have lost. I had new lights for the sideboxes and I also had another for the dump valves so at night on the road I can see what I am trying to do. Sometimes I drive at night as that is the best time to go thru a city. And sometimes thats where the flying J's are too!! I redid some of the repairs on the generator today and changed the oil and filters. I ran it about a hour today. Ran the a/c on it for most of that time so it will work when we need it! In about a week i need to take it over to my friends garage to weld the front levelers on and a new battery box that I made last year. I think it was before they roof leaked! I am trying to do catch-up and still take care of The truck and trailer. If I can get all the big stuff done by say the end of April, We want to go north to the Springerville area. Its a campground that my aunt and uncle had and the kids have it now. Its called Green's Peak and it is Beautiful there!!! We stayed there back in 2002 I think and we didn't want to leave!! So I can do the Kitchen there and use our trailer for a workshop and as long as the Isuzu and trailer are up to it the coach is up and ready for sure!!
Guess thats all for now,
Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 AM   #371

If that is Springville NY that is about a hr and some from me old buddy.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #372

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry old boy but this is in Arizona. If you have a map, look for the northeast section of Arizona.There are severial little towns like Show Low, Springerville, Eigar, Pinetop and one or two other places. Green's Peak Is between Show Low and Springerville. Don't know yet for sure, Just a little breeze in the air!!......
Old 03-27-2008, 06:55 PM   #373

Vintage RV Owners Club
Didn't get a lot done today as today was Debs and Mine 15th Anniversary today! Anyway nothing but flowers around here!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 04:28 PM   #374

Vintage RV Owners Club
Man am I tired!!! I worked on the trailer all day today no pictures but maybe tomorrow! I have been cutting out thru two different pieces of cross frame as I am making the ramps so when done I can slide them right into the frame!! Tomorrow if I can I will start welding on it. It should be a great unit to tow with the Isuzu on it.
My hands are so sore i am getting off and hitting the shower and hitting the bed.. I'm not to sure which order...
Old 03-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #375

Vintage RV Owners Club
Still sore maybe later..
Old 03-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #376

Vintage RV Owners Club
Busy Day!! I have been working on the trailer all day. have a few pictures at the site under the title Building the trailer. Sore and Will get back to work on it again tomorrow, Dan
Old 04-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #377

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Evening!!! I have been getting the trailer built up and it is coming along great! Took pictures today and you can see the work coming along. Tomorrow I can finish the fenders..If the wind will let me!! Pictures are in the Picasa site under the title trailer build 2. Going to get a little surprise with Those Check them out!!! Later all,
Old 04-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #378

Looking good . Can't wait to see it when its all back together . Nice work .