Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #407

Yep, that's just what you need.... a gas sucking truck! We have one. It complains all the time that it wants to be fed (bell dings at 1/8 tank... and it's always dinging!)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #408

Vintage RV Owners Club
This trooper is no different!!! gets over 20 mpg but can only put 10-20 dollars at a time as it just would cost over 80 bucks to fill it!!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:29 PM   #409

What do I say??.??Not matter what you do,you will always have the chance to email me if that is what you want.

Gary
Old 05-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #410

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gary, I am looking at a terry travel trailer right now...May use it for storage and may stay in for short term but will never be able to sale and break even on motorhome. Just want to finish it someway so I can maybe feel better living in it! My friend wants to sale it to me but I don't think it is worth anything like what he wants!! I think it is a 32 footer but Its not laid out very good. I am thinking that once I have made some money on my trailer, I will somehow mate it to the motorhome in a somewhat "T" shape. Hey, once I die, let the next owner figure out how to separate it!! That will give me a 'living room maybe or a workshop to tinker around in. Now if I had something to tinker around in that shop...... If ya ever make it out this way I got a place you can park on and hook up to! The way the fuel prices are rising, You may never get out of New York State!!
One thing we never planned on was the price of fuel going to the moon before we could!! And it may get to Mars before we can!! I am kinda looking from the outside in watching to see what happens next... good luck buddy,Dan
Old 05-31-2008, 09:24 PM   #411

Dan,

Good luck with whatever you decide to do . Who knows , maybe next year mine will be ready to head your way to drop by and say hi .
Old 06-01-2008, 11:15 AM   #412

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have a spot waiting for ya!!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #413

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, i have finally got time to work on my trailer! Have most of the trailer finished but the fine work! Will finish welding tomorrow and then starting the sanding and all the cleanup prep before painting!
Took the coach for a small ride this morning as the A/C had stopped working. Fixed..Still not sure what was wrong with it! Working so, Will wait and see!! Nothing much else going on as I am still getting the things I need together so I can rebuild the kitchen. Plan to do it in the fall! I may change the water lines before as there is a small leak in one of the lines under the sink in the kitchen. Need to fix that. We are using the water tank and pump to use water in here right now. That way I don't leak much water! Thats it Later, Dan
Old 06-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #414

Vintage RV Owners Club
Had planed to be finished with the welding today but things are not as planed!! I did get all the stuff on the left rear side done but still have to finish cutting out the patterns out for the right side and get it welded on. Looks better as I do more to it!! Will be nice when I am done as if by some strange magic we do need to travel or move we can so that will be a good thing. We are hoping that this fuel price stuff will back down some after the elections!! Its getting downright ridiculous with it being this high!!!! I am hopeing that we can maybe go somewhere next year, Would be nice. Time will tell!
Well, Thats all for now, Dan
Old 06-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #415

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I got all the welding finished. Need to make a few more bucks and can get the paper and paint so I can get it done. I need to get liquid metal to help smooth out the fenders. That and the paint and I can finish it! Pictures on the link to picassa! Next....
Old 06-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #416

Vintage RV Owners Club
Rats!!! The A/C has quit working!! Its over 100 in the coach!! Got to fix it or get another one. Can't handle these temps for sure!!! Later, Dan
Old 06-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #417

Vintage RV Owners Club
Getting another A/C! Bad news is over $750. for a 15000 btu!! Ouch!!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:47 AM   #418

Vintage RV Owners Club
Have another A/C installed but am going to get another compressor and have it installed into our old unit and I will have a spare. Haven't done much of anything as my health has issues right now. Seems I was almost passing out and a few times did pass out! My blood pressure was 96/54 and that is not good! The BP pill I am on was Dehydrating me and also keeping my BP too low. I have to keep a eye on the BP and I will be seeing my doc again next month. All this boils down to is taking it easy, so..I will...Take it easy. Maybe after they figure what pill to put me on and the heart doc figures out how I am and makes some changes I will be able to start up with the rebuild again. Even working on the inside of the coach will be slowed down as I passed out twice last weekend inside the home! Part has to be heat but thee is other factors that we do not understand as yet.
Anyway I will keep you all up with this issue, Dan
Old 06-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #419

Dan,
I thought you where passing out because of me.Boy I am sure glad that wasn't the case.

LOL,

Gary
Old 06-28-2008, 02:30 PM   #420

Vintage RV Owners Club
!!!