Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #435

Vintage RV Owners Club
And when it rains..... Got a new leak!! Don't know where yet but it gets Debs Pillow wet!!! Could be coming from anywhere. Just what i need!!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #436

Perhaps a clearence light is leaking? One of mine was and I liked to never have found it. Kept thinking it had to be the big rear window not the tiny clearence light. Filled the wiring hole with elastometric caulking and haven't had a water problem since.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #437

Vintage RV Owners Club
can't be a clearance light...Too low on the body! I think they made a mistake on the corner or the window itself needs resealing. Have looked at it but nothing serious showing.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #438

There is a guy from my Astro site that claims to have worked at a RV shop in repairs for sometime.He said they pressurize the RV's after a roof repair with a fan fixture that fits over a roof vent.(guess it must be a heck of a fan)He said after they pressurize the RV,they spray it with soapy water and check for bubbles.Well I'm the newbie-so I am not sure if anyone has ever seen that before.Comments??.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 AM   #439

Vintage RV Owners Club
Heard of it...never seen it! I have another issue too! The inside wall between the windows is buckling! The paneling is popped out next to the window above the couch! I can't tell if it because of water leak or a bad support in the wall. Will be talking with Roadrunner RV today to see what they think....Dan
Old 09-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #440

Sounds like water. Guess you will have to remove interior paneling and search for the leak with a water hose. Sounds like fun!
Old 09-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #441

Vintage RV Owners Club
A bunch of things come to mind but fun isn't among then!!! It goes in Tuesday!
Old 09-06-2008, 12:31 PM   #442

WIMP! Don't you want to spent days (or weeks) trying to find an elusive water leak? Think of all the screaming, yelling and cussing that you won't be doing. Your blood pressure won't get dangerously high. Deb won't get to say "I told you that you should have just taken it to the repair shop". Sounds like so much fun... kinda like the fun David had putting the tow brackets on the Jeep (it took 2 days and all the bolts must of had Loctite on them). Definately, the next time we need to do this, it goes into a shop and they can have all the fun. It would be worth every penny!
Old 09-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #443

Well now Dan.You can tell that repair shop you still know this old grumpy guy named Fleamarketer and that is one person they never want to meet.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #444

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think I found the leak! It is the top corner at the back of the rv on the passenger side!! It has ?? stress cracks showing!! I put some silicone on it but they will have to check it out Tuesday. I don't see any other place for the water to show up! Will let ya know Tuesday evening.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM   #445

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by it's just Dan:
I think I found the leak! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just in time for all the rains? Look like we're going to be getting a pile of it too. It's raining right now... and tomorrow as well. I told David he had to expect it... we head down to Atlanta airport tomorrow to pick up Anna (one who's been living in Houston). She's flying in to pick up the Saturn and drive it back to Houston. She's planning to drive it back on Saturday...just as Ike is supposed to be hitting the Gulf Coast. We think she will be staying a few extra days here in NC.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:48 PM   #446

Vintage RV Owners Club
I could think of several places to go to right now,but Houston is not one of them! They are going to get the heck kicked out of them by IKE!!!!

I took the rv down to Roadrunner RV too check out the roof. The corners on both sides are leaking. They covered up the corners with EDPM Caulk. Don't look to great but it will stop the leaks till they can get me into the shop. Whats really bad about it is they didn't replace them corners when they replaced the roof! I wished they had but you know how that is. Wish in one hand....! Should be able to go down there somewhere toward the end of the month. So it will be fixed right but we will have to live on site while they do whatever it takes to fix our home! Not looking forward to that but ya know how it goes! We are moving up to San Manuel in October and am looking forward to getting out of here! I am tired of Tucson!!!
Will feel like we are traveling to go there. I have the storage shed installed and am getting ready to hook up lights and brakes and it will be ready to go! Will be close so If I have any issues with it I can get the parts to fix it! Later, Dan
Old 09-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #447

Dan,
Even through you got to get thru roof leak problems,it does do my heart good to hear you will be traveling in the RV.The next location counts as travel in the RV log.Congrats Dan.

Gary
Old 09-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #448

Vintage RV Owners Club
i guess it does. Am looking forward to somewhere next year maybe going to New Mexico. I want to find our permanent home area. I am going to be looking for a new Home as well i think. Its getting too hard to travel and Deb is getting bored easy. I think we will stay in the rv while we are doing what we have to do to make a home but I am going to hand the reins over to someone else. It is real hard to do a lot of the stuff i took for granted just two years ago! My Back is getting worse and right now I wish I couldn't "Feel"!!!