Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #449

Vintage RV Owners Club
It has taken all week but I get our storage pod on the trailer and the boards on the bed and am working to get the wiring in for lights and Brakes. Need to prime the metal first but am not to good right now with bending over and then getting straightened up again. Royal heart and back disease!!! Will get some pictures later. I'm getting to old for this poop anymore.....

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #450

Vintage RV Owners Club
Back in August We had our Computer stolen. We got it back!!! They caught the thief and he is in jail and there is other charges on him too! He is being held with out bond I think! Now we have two computers again! Let wife have the new one and I am fixing the old one! Just needs settings changed and some minor quarks to fix! Updating software and stuff like that. My insurance company is doing all the court stuff so I may need to be there or not...Whatever. I put a peace bond on him and so did the property owners! I have a weapon so he better not come back here!!! They know this jerk so they said that if he were able to somehow get out they would let us know anyway! Some birthday gift!! Now i may have to stay here now for awhile so I can help the courts keep him behind bars! Time will tell!! Later Dan

Old 09-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #451

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ok, I got a few pictures of the trailer. It is Primed around the back but I will need to go back into town so i can get more primer and more white! I am doing the back of the trailer in White and Red striping. In the picture you can see the white and primer where the red will be when I get it tomorrow. I think I have enough white to paint the fenders so i may do that tomorrow. I am slow but am afraid of overdoing it and having a relapse so I will continue to do it slow. there are three pictures but will get more tomorrow. Dan
Old 09-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #452

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well The back is finished. Maybe next week i can go into town and get the supply's to finish the trailer. I think I need about a half gallon of white and another of black and a qt of red to help finish the trailer out. Picked up a cactus needle and need to fix a slow leak in the rear tire. But to morrow i am getting the lights done and reflectors on and the wiring for the brakes and I am in the process of getting the brake controller and the Brake disconnect and spare tire hanger. Anyway, it looks a whole lot better than when I started. Now if I can get this roof finished and a couple of other things finished, I should be ready to do the kitchen and get this buggy ready for travel.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #453

Dan-take it easy.Not too much at one time now.Just take care of you first and for most.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #454

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep Gary, tak'in it easy but I need to get some things done so I can go down the road. Thinking about trying a couple of campgrounds that are BLM land to try out the inverter and solar panels and things like that!! Maybe next month! After they get the roof done. Want to get somewhere else but here!! I have two doctor appointments in October so I can't go far. But these BLMS local are two week max camps. Long enough for us to be trying out the goodies!! A Shakedown Cruise!!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #455

Well with you back on the road-might want to change the user name back to Capt Dan again.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:50 AM   #456

Vintage RV Owners Club
Right now, I don't know what handle I want...Too many things happening at the same time and I have shifted into a I don't care anymore mode. Right now, I could sale it all and go find a stick home and call it quits!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #457

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I got the trailer lights all installed and I have about half of the deck painted. I need to use a thicker second coat so I can put sand in the mix to make the bed a little less slick! I did a side job today and i didn't work on it today. I may take a couple of days as I am in Big time pain!! Out of pain meds again! Va anyway! Now to add to it, Rain! Whats next!!!Grrrr!!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #458

Vintage RV Owners Club
Got a couple of shots on the trailer but weather is not good today. Have to wait till this stops and the bed is dry again. Oil Base paint and rain don't mix...Not like i am going anywhere anyway.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:53 AM   #459

Looking good! I hope we have the patience to work on ours. Love all the pictures. Helps to see what maybe we might end up having to do lol.

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:24 AM   #460

Dan-you repacked the wheel bearings right??.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:52 AM   #461

Vintage RV Owners Club
I guess you are referring to the trailer. I need to remove the wheels and double check the bearings and the shape of the brakes too! I haven't gone anywhere much with it but need to check them out anyway. I got the grease and all for the bearings. I am also going to put new tires on as well! Those tires are from what can see are from 1972!!! They are still holding air!! One has a small leak, but have a spare now so I put that on to get the wheels up to the the shop. Its just a 1/2 mile at the most. No highway, just dirt. Later, Dan
Old 09-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #462

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I got all the wood painted with first coat but I had to fill some around the edges and cut 2X6's down to fit. I was just getting it done and getting ready to paint and it started to rain so That was it! I will be busy taking our coach down to Road Runner tomorrow to get something done with the damage to the roof. Will be able to work on the trailer Thursday. Later,Dan