Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #463

Vintage RV Owners Club
I did get the paint on the boards so i can do the sand mix tomorrow!
On a bitter note I have a few pictures in the file "View of new damage to RV". There are several pic's on the leaks we found! One of the inside walls is coming apart. There is another part coming apart. It is the outside plastic runner that the rear lights are mounted onto! I also have a couple of runners on the roof that look suspect. Anyway, They are going to fix it all!! new corners in the back they had covered up with EDPM caulking. The plastic part that goes across the back with the lights, And they will have to remove the rear windows and fix the inside walls. The antenna is going to be replaced as well. This is on top of a few other things that was not done. They still never did the wiring for the CB, The Cruse Control and The Fans for the A/C. They also didn't run the antenna for the Sat Radio. It is in a bundle up over the cab cabinet. So I can get that taken care of and then i should have the trailer done by the time they are ready to do the work on the coach. Thats all for now...that's more than enough!!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2008, 01:47 PM   #464

AWwww Dan! That bites! I know on our 1972 Nomad TT it would tick me off every time we would fix something just for something to happen in same spot. Or better yet..A INCH from it! That's why we hope to sell it so we can afford to take the beast in to be serviced..Still crossing fingers! Hopefully all your hard work will pay off soon and you can enjoy it So far it looks SOOO much better and I bet soon you will love it. WTG on the trailer!

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #465

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, I am getting close. I get this fixed and finish the kitchen and we can get back to traveling again!!
Old 10-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #466

Vintage RV Owners Club
We have more rain and windy weather coming in. I can feel it!! I didn't do much today but maybe tomorrow I will do the sand-paint so the bed will be non-slick! This weather has been weird all year and it is hard to second guess. I don't want to start something and have the weather shoot us down.I have a friend who would like the old oven we have as his needs parts and I don't want ours as I have new burner range and Micro-Convection range to install. I would like to get started and may do that next week. Its been so hot and rainy all summer and we need to get a break here so I can build the framework for the new cabinet and frame in the stove and convection. If it is windy then the awning will retract and then everything will get all wet. I have to cut and fit everything before I take it in and bolt it all together. If i wasn't living in it at the same time it would be so much easier!! No one said it would be easy! We hope to be finished next year so we can get back on the road again if we can....
Old 10-04-2008, 09:49 AM   #467

Vintage RV Owners Club
No longer coming, Its here!! Awning came in on its own and that made or home stop rocking so much! Not any rain yet but the sands are doing there thing so i am not to sure if I want to paint or not! I want it on the deck not all over me!! Guess this weekend is kinda shot. Guess I will watch the races...
Old 10-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #468

Vintage RV Owners Club
A beautiful day to work on the trailer. It is finished!! Got all the sand mix paint down and done. Need to let it dry and i can sweep the floor to get any extra sand off the top. The last pic's are under the title of trailer finished. That is a job done good!. Now...The toad issue is addressed and finished! I am back to the work at hand. Dusty herself! Will wait a few days as i am waiting to hear about when we are going to go down to fix the roof. That finished I can start taking the kitchen apart! Getting that stove and range hood off and the old counter top out is going to be fun!! I need to find out what plug I need to get so I can get the stove out and still be able to take hot showers. That and the Fridge too! Just in case we loose electric again. The gas will be needed. have the new Micro-Convection oven and the outside grill. While it is all torn out i will redo the kitchen walls and get it all ready for the new stuff. First off I also need to remove all the doors and sand them down and the cabinets too!! Am painting them a green like in the living/bedroom area. Need to paint the doors all white and rehang. Might just do that while I wait for the insurance company to do whatever they do with the shop downtown.All I need to do is move everything out of the kitchen first.. We have been using that area for all the Christmas gifts heading back to the family back east. Need to clear out so I can work! Hint, hint!!
Anyway i feel like i am on the downward side. Glad when i get it finished..Been a long two years!! Be glad when it is all done. I want to head out next spring. Been here too long! Later,Dan
Old 10-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #469

YAYAYAY ITS GETTING CLOSER! WTG! You have been working HARD! Will go look at pics just as soon as I find them AGAIN(that was very hard the first time lol)

Old 10-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #470

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sorry about that i have to get my link fixed. So far three times but it looks like I may have got it fixed again. Whatever it take right..
Old 10-07-2008, 03:03 AM   #471

Looks good Dan.I would guess people will want to know where you bought that when you start to travel with it.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #472

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gary, I would think you were talking about the trailer. Out of the weeds would be my comment! The beginning of the trailer build would show what I saw when I started to work on this trailer, That goes by the name of 'Flatbed". Couldn't think of any other name but remembered the Abyss, A great movie that had a underwater tug named Flatbed so the name kinda came to me! I think I did a bang up job of building her so it can go down the road. Same for the "Trooper". Them out of the way i can breath again and get the rest done so I can get down the black ribbon...again!!! This was a 10 month detour!! Shame too as i still miss our little truck we had! But this one is OK so I Can live with it. One of these days i may find another trailer like a featherlite trailer about 25 foot or so that i can build a shop in and i can piddle fort around with my hobbies and store my tools and then i can get me a smaller vehicle. But that would be down the road. Anyway have a great one, Dan
Old 10-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #473

I certainly am talking about the trailer.Great job Dan.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #474

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep!! That came out nice!! Went to the VA today and had a stress test and a Ultrasound of the heart. The new breathing med is working as I passed my stress test!! The Ultrasound came out normal and no issues at all!! Blood pressure is normal and other than that my weight went up a few pounds they had a good report to my new doc. Now If i can get the shop to get on with it and i can get a place out of here, i can get back to what i was supposed to be doing last spring! I have to go back once more to the Va on the 20th. That will get my meds all renewed and then i should be good till in the spring! And with a little luck I can get on the road next month and go up to San Manuel for the winter and get out of here by spring! Thats the plan!! later,Dan
Old 10-07-2008, 03:07 PM   #475

Wow you have been busy. Makin me look lazy here
Gonna go out and take pics of the stuff I know we need to fix...ANd stuff we did fix lol(and I might even throw in a pic of the scratch from hitting guardrail LOLOLOL)
ANd yep whatever it takes lol. (you know that saying is from that movie Mr Mom lol. Tha movie cracks me up.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #476

Vintage RV Owners Club
yepper!! You have your work cut out for you too!! From what i saw your appliances are all original!! that includes the sinks and water heater a/c and furnace! If they still work no problem. One thing you need to do is take and sand or grind off all the rust on the propane tank and paint it! One other thing, Replace the single stage regulator with a new two stage regulator!! That one looks like original and Dangerous!! FYI, they need to be checked and or replaced around the five year date! Would be prudent to have it checked out by the neighborhood gas supply dealer! Mine was checked out when i got it and one other time and last year. New regulator and i painted the tank silver but as long as it a light color like silver or white it will be ok. would wait till you have it tested! The tires are bias ply tires and would say check the rims out to find out if they are rated for radials before you do anything with them. Find the DOT date on those tires and see if they are less than 7 years old! If they are older.. get ready to shell out for new tires!! Don't forget the spare! Thats really the only two things I saw that raised any flags that i saw. I am sure that you may have seen other things but that was all I saw. Nice floors !! I like that type but we went with new pergo wood flooring last year! Wish i hadn't!Its nice but sand has a bad tendency to work its way into the home and scratch it. I need to work over the entrance way. Minor but a PITA!! Later,Dan