Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:49 PM   #477

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, The news is talking about a hurrcane type storm plowing into Mexico and heading kinda our way. Ok, I can handle that..Bring it on!!!

While they are trying to scare us into battening down the hatches i am outside working on resealing the windows and painting the frames black...again! The front windshield and front side glasses are the biggest pain on that part of the repair. This is one of those 5 year things I go thru. I use Dicor edpm in the big tube! Black paint is Rust-O-lim. Never had any issues with there brand with the window frames so I am doing it again the same. I should have the windshield done and the front side windows done tomorrow. I also forgot to paint the ramps on the trailer so I did them today. I touched up the white in a few places so the trailer is done with painting. I got the door and one window done and i was digging out the sealant on the front glass and getting it masked for paint. After that i may not get back to it till Monday if we do get what they are saying. The weather channel said it would stay mostly over in New Mexico and eastern Arizona so we may escape the worst of the rain...Have to wait and see!! Tomorrow will tell me if I have anything to worry about. Later, Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2008, 01:50 PM   #478

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, rain 0, winds High!! No way to stand on a ladder to do this so project turned off...Later, after the winds simmer down and return calm i will renew this one!!! Dan

Old 10-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #479

Vintage RV Owners Club
Winds still Blowing but not to much rain so this could be ok news!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #480

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Back to it!!I cleaned up the old silicone and got three windows painted but may have to redo the passenger side seat window! I will mask and paint the windshield frame. An see what the side window looks like. The windows on the other side where there was sunlight sprayed great so i may have to wait a couple of days till we get our temps back to normal. last night was the first night I needed the Furnace!! Down to 34 degrees!! Only got up to 70 this afternoon. supposed to get up to 80 tomorrow. Hope so...Pic's on the Picasa2 site. With this, I am right back where I was last year before we had to put a new roof on this beast. Glad to see i am making progress..., Dan
Old 10-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #481

Vintage RV Owners Club
All the windows are painted and ready to seal again so i am getting closer to getting ready to paint the stripes! I also took off that back plastic panel the the taillights were mounted on. It is beyond repair! I painted the metal that the lights are mounted on so it looks ok but I am going to get a piece of flashing to run behind the lights and across the back and paint it to look like the panel. Shouldn't look to bad. Shame i can't find one. Some of the issues that come up with a 30 year old Motor Home. Finding parts...Body parts!! Took about 10 shots of the windows and that back panel. You can see the big crack but the camera doesn't show the stress cracks all the way across the panel. Will try tomorrow but I don't know if I can get it close enough? Will try. Have a good one.
Almost forgot. Do anyone here have a source for Having Bumpers rechromed?? There was a place here but ran out of business! Need both front and back bumpers done, Dan
Old 10-14-2008, 06:50 PM   #482

WHOO HOOOOO! Its raining here so cant do a darn tootin thing..not even take a sledge to the step hehe....feel fall in the air

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:05 PM   #483

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah, We have that feeling too!! Made it really easy to work outside but the Cool was short lived! It was almost 90 today and I have a Migraine headache that would kill the cow!! Later, Dan
Old 10-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #484

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Thats done!! i got all the overspray off and it really looks better. Called the repair place to see if they had heard anything but he hadn't and was wondering what was going on as by now he should have heard something. I asked if they would send a check to me or them and he said they have done both so we are in a waiting period as i don't want to get in the middle of something and then have to stop, pack it up and drive down there. Will wait and see....
Old 10-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #485

Vintage RV Owners Club
I don't know why but that link doesn't work again. Seems i need to jump down someones throat!!! Fixed for the time being...Can't understand why it changes...
Old 10-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #486

Vintage RV Owners Club
I am thinking...again,Yes i know how dangerous that is but can't resist! Got off the phone today and they are thing around 2500 bucks on this damage. after the deductible that is around 2g's to play with and I know I can do it for less!! Thinking about it...Don't know what the insurance company will say about it...Have to see....
Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 AM   #487

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, i am getting the stuff I need to finish this beast. Nothing much else going on but i am trying to find all the stuff i need to repair and finish this buggy. In two weeks I am coming out of here to move up the road a piece so I can feel better about where I am. Moving up to a town called San Manuel, Az. There is a court there that is really nice so we are heading up and i am getting everything ready for that. Dan
Old 10-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #488

Vintage RV Owners Club
Busy,busy!! No time for whatever!! I have a full plate and now the doc's at the VA want to have blood tests and X-rays and a Mri..Looking for anymore damage in my neck.I have been getting more and more pain in the neck and lower back and left leg too! I have been limping around like i have a game leg!! Can't help it. I bet they get all that and then they will see all the damage and that will be all of that. i have to get the countertops and gather all my wood together and put it into the truck and then get the paint and masking materials and have that ready and the trailer gets to be tagged and titled and the tires on it and I will be ready week after next to go up the road!!! I am looking forward to being up that way. Nice and quiet!!! I can work to my hearts content. Off the beaten path.That is the kind of places i love to find and stay at!! the quarry died about 4 years ago and I found out that they are looking for people to come up that way and share with them. all kinds of little shops and little stores that were here because of the quarry. its gone and they are trying to save there town. I don't mind! I have seen a 1.20 on the gallon come off the price of fuel and we are at 2.80 right now. That's almost 40 cents in the last month. Keep coming down!! Man Milk came down almost 3 bucks on a gallon of milk!! Meat is still high but getting better.
Anyway, I am having fun and that's always good! Latter, Dan
Old 10-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #489

I know! Prices go down after we are done for the winter(now find my batteries super heap hahahaha) And thanks for reminding me..I need to go buy milk! I found gas yesterday for 2.25 NON ETHANOL!
WHOOOHOOOOO Get back on the road! :P and when ya get to come through here you will have to stop and lemme see all your hard work
Gearing up for this cold weather ugggg I STILL HATE WINTER! WTG on all your hard work! Its paying off and soon those wheels will be on the move!

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:57 AM   #490

Hummm,lower gas pricing."Could" be a good time for snowbirds to move south.nawwww.