Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 AM   #491

ahhh come on! You can move South
We don't bite lol. Ok not hard hahahaha

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #492

Vintage RV Owners Club
We don't bite...Just nibble a bit!!!Last longer that way!!!
Looks like I was hoping to much...Ain't going up to where we hoped to go as there is a change in managers and no working on coach so back to where we are. I wish some places would make up there minds!! Anyway i am back to work. I have to take out the furnace and get the fan motor out and see if I can fix the motor for this year as i can't afford another furnace yet. Seems that you cannot get a fan motor for this furnace anymore. While I am here I need to say something about our insurance company. They was told that I was going to do the work as the other guy was going to make Fiberglass from the mold of our old one. I am making it out of Metal and it will be better and will handle tree limbs and hail stones and stuff like that without breaking. They said they don't have a preference as to who fixes it as long as it gets done. Man that is one easy insurance company. I have been with them for 11 going on 12 years and this is the fifth claim I have put in.I only had one time that was not fun but it wasn't the insurance company..it was the camping world rep for there insurance company. They had removed my comp, full-timers and collision. And i was put in a bad way but even when i quit Camping world, I was able to keep GMAC as I am members of the coachmen Caravan and FMCA. So They like me and I love them. OK, Off the plug but If you were wondering about getting insurance these are some of the greatest people to work with. I have had a accident and was put in the hospital and had surgery and they worked with me and we made out good and they were reimbursed for all the expenses!! Anyway I am in there graces and we are getting things fixed! I am right now 50% done with those repairs. I need to get pictures but Don't have any yet! I will get them later this week!! I have a lot of things on the burner to do so i will be busy for quite awhile, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #493

Vintage RV Owners Club
ok, fan works great but furnace will not light??? I am trying to figure out why!! I double checked the sail switch to make sure it was not in a bind but looks ok. I also checked the wires to see if I had one loose on the control board. Now it still will not light but I have to pull it again. The fan was needing some Zoom on the bearings and also I had installed that fan motor to close to the second fan for the furnace blower and the squirrel cage was hitting the metal a bit. That was the squeaking i heard. Now if i can figure out why it will not light....
Old 10-25-2008, 12:14 PM   #494

Ahhh since your having SOOOOO much fun.. Come on over here to Oklahoma and help with mine LOLOL. Just kiddin lol. Your getting sooo close to being done. Im useless when it comes to the heater stuff. Im learning a lil bit every step of the way. Hope your on the road soon!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:32 PM   #495

Vintage RV Owners Club
There are times like now...that i am wondering if i will ever finish it!!! As for getting back on the road...Maybe...one of these years...maybe...
Old 10-25-2008, 03:51 PM   #496

awwwwww Your getting there!!! Your so much further than you were a month ago!!! Keep up the good work!!! You really have made good progress! Your a good inspiration for people like me Who need all the help they can get!!

Old 10-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #497

Vintage RV Owners Club
Most of this week has been backwards junk. i fix one thing and something else breaks and you fix that and.....Three things have made me really upset and I quit for a while and go do something else...Go back later!! I have the back corners and the back panel and furnace to re-do this week...again....getting to old....sigh...
Old 10-25-2008, 05:59 PM   #498

Seems like thats with anything lol. Fix one, and you go back to the first thing..FIx another you move to the second. Hopefully its a minor thing and will take no time at all.
GOOD LUCK!! I will be thinkin of ya as I am tearing mine up!

Old 10-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #499

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yeah, Don't let it get you down..I get into depression over this stuff!! Guess i take it as a failure when you put everything into the repair and then have to redo over and over!!! I should replace that furnace but it has worked so good last year that I was stumped when it made so much noise this fall.I didn't have the motor tight enough in its holder and that allowed it to shift!! PITA!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #500

Yeah...One day its all gonna fall into palce

Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #501

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well,..I wacked weeds till i can see the forest now. I replaced my sewer pipe with new and fresh water line too. I fixed the 4" sewer pipe so it don't leak anymore. I put the new tire covers on..got new feed bowls for the cats that have adopted us...and got a Big Bag of food for them and a couple of things for us to eat...and after playing around with the cats and all the sewer stuff I was ready for a shower and i drowned myself there and came out smelling better than when i went in...even my ..pets? wouldn't come to me out there..yeah..that!! I really didn't do much as I was still feeling ....down! Nothing like having a bunch of kittens who announce that its time to feed them by tearing my screen door to shreds!! I watched as Deb tried to feed them but she forgot to keep her hands away from the bowl as she was adding more food to the bowl. Cats don't know where the food stops and the hand begins!!!! Cats 6 Deb 0 And the best part was trying to get it on film!!!! The pictures are on our photos site but in a folder "Cats in the hat" I love cats but someone gave us?? six of them and they were past hungry when they arrived! After they did our screen and Debs hand and they tried to help me with the sewer pipe till that smell came out of the pipe and they lost all interest in that slinky!!! I am going to feed myself now that all the above is finished! Later,Dan
Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 AM   #502

Great job on sewer(ewww lol) I need to fix our little leaks too..
I sitting here laughing about the cats lol. What are they gonna do when you finally roll outta there lol. We have A cat.(see the A) And I would not trade the snot for the world...But a mean one she is. You should see our screen door on the house. EVERY SINGLE night at about 9 pm, she jumps on it and meows at me..Of course everyone gets this big kick out of it. But what she is doing..is telling me to get off my butt and feed her the special food she waits ALL day to get. She gets a little wet food at night. Of course she is a 14 year old feral cat. ANd if Clovis wants, well Clovis gets, or you will pay. I ran out of food and could not go to the store...well after 2 days of no special food...She decided that it was ok to swipe and me when I walked by and try to bite me if I reached down to pet her. She does have a nick name lol.. Of course I cant type it! hahaha(censor lolol) She was rescued 14 years ago from a warehouse.. And dborn a wild cat, well she will never be fully domesticated.. And well...sometimes that makes her a not so nice brat. I can only imagine what your screen door looks like...looking back at mine ROFL

Old 10-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #503

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yepper, i am going to have ta replace that screen for sure!!! As to what i am going to do with them...Don't have a clue...Most likely i will post a free kitten add on Crag's list. That and the kids in the neighborhood!! i can't take them with us Debs allergies would kick up and then it would be them or her!!As of today am sure something got one of the kittens already, but don't know what yet.Could be coyotes or mountain lion..Maybe a kid...
could be owl. Will hope they were quick and painless.. Anyway i got the wall put back together today. I love liquid nails!! It works wonders!! I got everything loose and cleaned up and spread a bead of liquid nails and then put it together with a piece of old molding and a few nails to force the wall together. Tomorrow i will finish it and i have another section to fix yet. Once done it will be sanded and stained and refinished and won't know it was ever loose. I did take a couple of pictures and you can see the holes i have filled and part of those holes was where I had a power station for a dust buster and a cordless electric screwdriver but i also made some other holes to use the nails on the inside studs and one or two cross braces. Once i am done i will fill all the holes and stain and put a little poly on them and then polish to make them blend in. The rains really made that wall come apart. I can't find any panel like that and I am long since gave up on that but instead of replacing it I fixed it and should hold up as the panel wasn't coming apart. it came loose because of water wit nothing but staples holding it together. Liquid Nails is way soo much stronger than staples!!! I can see the studs when I had all the stuff off and they are ok. Lucky me!! I wasn't looking forward to tearing out the wall so I dodged a bullet!! tomorrow we should have the wall together and after that part is finished I want to take the windows out and re dope and seal them. I will be glad when that part is finished!! i am glad the weather is holding up for me to get this stuff done. Later, Dan
Old 10-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #504

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Today i had to shift gears a little. i had ordered brake pads for the trooper and today they finally came in. I did that and helped a friend out and so i will have to do what i was going to do today, tomorrow. And i am now gonna hold off with the back corners and windows as we are going to get a big change in the weather, I don't hold to much faith in our weatherman so i will take the storm with a grain of salt... We got to see our new wally world today and checked out the best buy and a couple of new stores in the new plaza down in Oro Vally today and that was fun. We are about 4 miles from that now. beats driving around 10+ miles one way. saves us some gas anyway. Those of you who are snowbirds don't go there for a overnight as they put up some kind of barrier up above the signs so you can't get in there!! I think you can get in behind the store but parking could be a problem. Thank Oro Vally for that!!! There is a state park right across the road from that marketplace but the way they made it you will have to go with your toad or truck to shop there!!! Sucks as they would love to close that state park to rv'ers!! Oro Vally is not rv friendly at all!! Come to think about it..they are not friendly to anyone!!! "They don't want Trailer trash"!!! TOUGH!!!!!