Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:13 AM   #533
CQ

Geeze Dan, hard time there, try not to let things get to you. GLad you did what you needed, and hopefully things will settle back to normal in a bit.

Best of luck sorting things out,
James

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #534

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks CQ...If i was still in the military they would drop a grenade in his pants and while he was tied up run like all get out.!!! He is in jail right now and am told he will not be around but I am still gonna have to hang around for awhile. I bet he will be back in prison and soon!! I have heard that my charge will maybe dropped as this was one man threatening me and my response was a warning shot. The cop was way out of line and if i had to do it again i think i would have just shot him and then when the cop showed up he could be just scraped up and thrown into a garbage bag!!! I have heard from several folks that they want me back and they never want to see him here again. Seems he is no longer wanted in this state. That also includes his family!!! I guess we will see...

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:42 AM   #535

Oh Geez! I get sick and am not on..And look what happens! Well come this way and find the teen punks who just cut my neighbors back fence and stole her hubbys and lil boys dirt bikes.. Hope they give ya your gun back some people need to have one shot at em.
Boy this week is just getting better and better.
Chris

Walkerbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #536

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nope, You don't get your guns back in this state!!! And they don't pay what they are worth so you are on your own. I am looking and have found one already so maybe i will be ok. This state is one of those that you cannot make a personal arrest. So no Citizens arrest. Sucks!! That is what i was doing and ended up going to jail too!!! Be glad when I can get out of this state!! If that is there way then I don't want anything to do with it!!!
Now as for work. I blew a tire coming into my cousins driveway as i had to cut over to miss a tree and the rock punched a sidewall out! I'm covered as i had a plan that covers road hazard. New tire i put on the front and took that front tire and put it on the rear. I aired up all the tires too!! I have one corner i put together but am going to take it off and make it better. I have the one for the other side ready to go on so i can do that and then the tire air ups and i want to get the wheels off so i can look at the disc pads and clean them up and lube the sliders so the discs don't drag and overheat when going down the road. I am going to wait till i go up to our new campground and then I can start that work.
I will check in later i posted a bunch of pictures of the rear corners i am making and installing. When you see them you can understand why i am so peeved at the company who did the roof!! I also repaired the roof antenna and i will need one other part so I will get the part number and order it in.
Thats it for now. later all, Dan
Old 11-15-2008, 11:44 AM   #537

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I got both corners made and installed!! They look Olive Drab Green as that is the type of primer used on aluminum. I need to add some body putty,[ special type for aluminum], And finish and then paint and end of story!! The only way to make them leak would be for me to back up into a tree with a stick or limb and it really would be a freak accident as there is built up aluminum to make those corners stronger. I may dent them but i kinda think that would be the worst of it.
Today is my better-half's birthday and I am not staying on or doing any work, so later all, Dan
Old 11-16-2008, 02:10 PM   #538

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BETTER HALF!!!!!!!! WHOO HOO!

Old 11-16-2008, 04:55 PM   #539

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Not to much done today. I did hang our new towel hangers in the bathroom. I also tried to figure out why the new bathroom door handle was sticking or just hanging up and when I had taken it apart found out it was made of plastic with gold plated metal wrap!!! I will get a good one and that will fix that. Not really feeling all that great so that was all and now back to your regular program...
Old 11-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #540

Happy B/day Butterfly lady from old Gar.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #541

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Don't know what happened or if it was only me but I asked a couple of others and they had the same issue I had when we tried to get here it would give me a 404 error message so I googled this site and could get to the main page and from there I could get here.
Anyway, I haven't done to much this week as i have been having issues with ptsd. Between thinking I don;t no longer care if i live or die and about the coach and trailer being finished or just walking away from them...I just don't care anymore.Was feeling a little better yesterday but today I am back in my funk again. I will be glad when Friday comes. I am really unstable right now and am not wanting to do anything.. Know I need to but getting motivated is part of the issue...Will see. Dan
Old 11-19-2008, 11:44 AM   #542

I could not get in the other day at all. Kept telling me it did not exsist. Hugs Dan! THings get better! Believe me..Been there. We wont get into the long story but I understand. But the best thing is YOU KNOW. You know its a funk. You know it will pass.
HUGS!

Old 11-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #543
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There was a notice posted at the top of the forum that there would be a major software upgrade an a move to new servers and the forums would be down for about 8 hours. Once it came back up, some of the links for the buttons were broken and are still being repaired.

I keep a saved favorite to both the front page as well as the main forum page. If there is a problem one place, you can often use the other.

To use some of the higher level features such as the Chat rooms, you will need to make sure you are upgraded to the latest version of Flashplayer.

Ken
Old 11-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #544

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks buddy, i saw the notice about working on the forum but was really taken when my link stopped working. I went to the main page and it still didn't work at first, But a friend told me to Google it and then go from there and here i am!! No harm no foul!! I was hearing about Beaudry RV shutting its doors and Camping world too and I was sure that this site was not hooked anyway with them but thought maybe one or more of the sponsors had closed its doors too!! That is a really big dealer and has three or four different stores and two had Camping world stores there and they are going too!!!

On another issue out there is the prices of gas and diesel are falling like a rock!! We have places below $2.00 a gallon here and Diesel as low as $2.30 a gallon here. I have been hearing prices even lower than that in the south central states areas. I think I heard of $1.29 a gal. Hope it keeps going down!! We may be able to travel next year!!!

As for the work I did take a few shots of my work on the trailer and my newest helper. Kelly is a cool dog but She wants to stay in my lap,[like a lap dog], and she isn't that great of a helper but right now I invite her intrusions! Sometimes you need a pet!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #545

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Today i got the brakes to work, they are wired and have the 6 way plug and so far great.I tried the breakaway switch and all four worked!!! Tomorrow I am going to finish the storage pod and then I am going to mount the brake controller up to the Isuzu and check it out a bit. I am getting another wiring harness so i can have the same prodigy in both vehicles. When i am on the road the brake unit will be in the motorhome and if we are dry camping I can use the trailer with it to haul black water and G cans for gas if i need to use the generator and propane. after going to the store and dumping the black water and filling the fresh water and also getting propane and gas and whatever else we go back to the campground wherever we happen to be!! Another plus is i can back into any area and You go ahead and try that with a all wheels down or tow dolly!!! I goe see the doctors tomorrow and also get MRI's too. Should be a interesting day to say the least. later,Dan
Old 11-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #546

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well...its been nice but th eparty is over!! I was Indicted today and i am ghaving a Really Big Issue with that POS I almost shot. My own health and PTSD is out of control to the point that if i knew where he was I would take both of us out!!! By, Dan