Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #561

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wink

Wow!! A sticky no less!!! guess I must finish the old gal and make sure pictures are included too huh??? I have been working on the lady for sure. Right now in the kitchen and am about halfway thru the kitchen rebuild and it will be all done but the side stripes and a few places that got scratches somehow but the cactus may have done that. I do think I will try some camping out on the deserts here in this area as weekend trips to see the mining here in the area. another thing i am looking into is my hobby,or should i say hobbies?? Anyway I like model trains and model rocketry and model airplanes and all but i have all the stuff for the kitchen rebuild in that area and i have a free sidebox that i can use and I have seen others do this too! I can put a 3 foot by almost 30 inches layout in that sidebox. Even my awning covers that area so I have a place for a layout!! I don't have room for all the rockets and they are and have been in a storage shed for twelve years and now have no clue as to where or what to do with them all. I have room for a railroad but not the rockets...I am talking high power rockets as high or in the case of me one is taller than me!! I have smaller ones I might keep but the others...Never flown but completely put together....When i was getting my legs to work i would work on these and then with help I got to fly them and later as I got my legs to work better I was able to catch a few before they landed. great therapy back in the 90's!!! Fishing is something I have done since a child and have all that stuff in the pod for Deb and i. Once the coach is done, I will have so much more storage and room left over we can put things where they belong and we don't have to think about where we hid them. I am going to have to think about how to put the link in for the pictures and I am regrouping them anyway so you can't see all. Will work on getting that done too!! And tomorrow is another day! Dan

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #562

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Pictures would be good , the links at the beginning of the thread are not viewable to me... :(

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #563

Vintage RV Owners Club
Don't know why... here are a few,

That is before and then next,

And the next,

and the finish,

another,

More later as i can get the doors painted and more on the rest too! I really like sponge painting!!! Makes that wall pop compared to what was there and before that!! This is the fourth time somebody has done a makeover on this baby. I will keep the paint left over so i can touch up the walls if needed!! Still can't figure out why you can't get to Picasa...
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #564

Vintage RV Owners Club
The Doors are next and the rest of that side of the kitchen will be next. I will maybe get that some what tomorrow, Dan
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #565

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Ya know, personally, I would have done a crisp white on the cabinets themselves and then a combination of white and the green on the doors, but otherwise, smashing Definitely need to upgrade those outlets and their covers to a crisp white from the ugly almond
Old 03-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #566

Vintage RV Owners Club
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Ya know, personally, I would have done a crisp white on the cabinets themselves and then a combination of white and the green on the doors, but otherwise, smashing Definitely need to upgrade those outlets and their covers to a crisp white from the ugly almond
Hey, Be careful about the smashing word!!!! As for the plug it will be getting a ground fault soon!!! I have them, Just trying to remember where.....
Old 03-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #567

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

I got one from today showing my outdoor workshop!!!

All the cabinet doors all done and drying pretty good!! Tomorrow i will start with the stove..Trying to figure out how to remove the stove.I needd to break the front off the countertop so i can paint the fronts of the cabinets. I have the lower cabinet the one above the cab and the other one that I built about 7 years ago above the old dinette. I am going to eat so later, all smoke
Old 03-20-2009, 04:06 AM   #568

Vintage RV Owners Club
Open the door of your oven and remove the top of the stove. You should either have screws in the top section that secure it, or ones down the sides of the front behind the oven door.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #569

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Thanks fellow, I have a friend in San Fran who is down on his luck that needs a oven and he said he could fix it and install. I will put my new unit i have and make the second shelf for the Micro Convection unit right where the oven was and I have a hole left over that I may turn into another drawer Have to wait and see.Right now I am halfway iinto another hobby of mine that if I had known I was gonna have the kind of problems I am I might not have started it yet...Hindsight....Needed some. Dan:(
Old 03-22-2009, 07:46 AM   #570

Vintage RV Owners Club
Personally, I prefer the ovens, but I'm also where there's no hookups alot of the time and like to save the generator's power for running A/C or microwave.

You can always add a microwave the way I did without sacrificing cabinet or counter space

Ignore the drinkies on the counter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060021.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	163  
Old 03-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #571

Vintage RV Owners Club
Mam ole man does the winds need to die!!! I am not taking any chances with thye new wood when I can't even walk without getting picked up off the ground almost!!! I got two appointments tomorrow and weds. so I will check i later, Dan
Old 03-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #572

Vintage RV Owners Club
Angry

IF...someone would find the switch for the fan over Arizona and shut it off I would be so happy!!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #573

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs down

I got up and tried to get the painting done and I started up at the top up front cabinet and i had my arm up on the roof and I was getting ready to cut the top edge in and the ceiling went up about an inch!!! Turns out that when they tied the roof together they forgot the cabinet above the cab!!!
I got it tied back in but popped the screws that held the fronts to the roof front board. I am going to the hardware to get some steel brackets to tie them back together again. i am so sore from putting it together so i know i will be sore tomorrow! It may be a few days till i can get to it again! I will get the stuff and then see how I feel....
Old 04-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #574

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I got all the junk to fix the cabinets Friday and will try Monday to finish that piece of the kitchen. As for anything else, I am getting a 10X10 workshop that should be here in the next week or so. I am going to finish building the storage shed around that trailer and use that for our junk! Dusty will be getting a panel around the outside so the wind cannot get under the home. I am not painting it so I guess the coach is pretty much done. I wish I could sale it and get out what I have in it but not going to happen but my workshop will give me somewhere to hang around and work on my hobbies and a radio and power and there you go!! I am planning to get another computer so i can use this one out in the shop. The good one will be in the house. I changed my email address and now I can't get the picasa3 to work!! They can take Google and shove it!! I am looking for another email and picture hosting site. This may mean that I am no longer a rv'er. If so i will leave..Don't care. Smoke