Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #575

Vintage RV Owners Club
After severial days...I have got google, gmail and picasa3 to work and the new google toolbar5 too!! Know i am wondering what happened to the pictures again. I am taking a break right now as I am feeling burned out. I will check in later, Smoke

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #576

Vintage RV Owners Club
I am at the point that Google and Mozilla FireFox bot are going to be gone...The pictures keep disappearing and my e mail's are too. If it were not for some programs i would dump the computer and start over again.
I hate this!!!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #577

Vintage RV Owners Club
Don't know what is going on with Picasa but they basically suck! Used to be the best but they always have to take something that works an screw it up to where it will never work!! Nothing happening on the home front and not doing much else as i have been so sick! All this wind has given us Valley Fever!! Wondering if i will ever get over it!!! Later, Dan
Old 04-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #578

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
Don't know what is going on with Picasa but they basically suck! Used to be the best but they always have to take something that works an screw it up to where it will never work!! Nothing happening on the home front and not doing much else as i have been so sick! All this wind has given us Valley Fever!! Wondering if i will ever get over it!!! Later, Dan
Dan, why didn't you just sign up for an account on the Gallery on the site?
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #579

Vintage RV Owners Club
I had one at one time. I went with picasa as I was Google anyway. It worked great back in those days...But you know how that works. If it is working lets screw it up!! I'm using Photobucket now. Another reason is that this is not the only site i belong to.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #580

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wink

Wow, Three years as a member and three months since i posted last...
Deb and i have been thinking about what to do and what way we want to do it, Still would like to travel but in a different area of the country. The plan goes this way if she can keep her ssi, We will finish Dusty. Plan to start that this fall. right now we want to finish sorting through the stuff we had in the shed and figure out what we want and what Debs daughter wants and getting rid of the rest of that mess!! Have already got rid of about half we had. Sill have more to go through but some is going to a place that handles collections. Deb is handling that end of that and sending what her daughter wants too!! I am planning to build a small 4 foot X 7 foot storage shed on the nose of the trailer and taking that little storage pod off. Need a place to put my tools and what we want to keep and a place to put the grill and chairs tables and other stuff we need. That done I want next year to find a good used Chevy Tracker or Suzuki to replace this Isuzu with. This Isuzu is too heavy and I want a four cylinder without 4 wheel drive and a two door if possible.
Sound like a lot?? Not if we want to travel again! We will continue to full time and want to be up north in the summer and down south in the winter and we can see our family, [whats left],and enjoy a free lifestyle as we like forest lands and Blm land type campsites. The golden age passport helps and a year long passport for Blm lands helps too! Plan to be getting both next year but can wait on it now. Want to kinda finish my model railroad layout and get it into the side box and then i can start on the kitchen. Need to stripe the outside too. Should have that all done this winter and maybe the storage shed too. I have a few mechanical things to do to the coach and trailer and hope not to have and spend much on the truck so I can do what i need to do on the coach and trailer. We will not be coming back to Arizona anytime soon as we are getting tired of desert...go figure!! Since we will have nothing to hold us here we can pick where ever we want to go at any time with out having to come back here all the time.
That's
how it has been for the last 13 years. Now we can plan to really go...wherever and at any time, and if we don't like one place we can go down the road...
Guess that is about all for now. I got a new link to
picasa 3
and have done away with the other one as It started to screw up. Google has got there act back together again! I will be getting some shots of Dusty and the trailer this week and post them. I have older shots of both and the rebuild too but will be getting them onto the host site later. Once i get more into the rebuild again i will post more often and show the work being done. Later, Dan
Old 07-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #581

Vintage RV Owners Club
Red face

Yeppers..That is a plan!! now we have to figure out just what needs to be done this fall and winter. We figure two years till we travel again! This winter we are going to finish the kitchen and the electrical system. I have been having issues with the electrical system as its just plain HOT!!! The little 30 amp cord cannot handle the load the a/c and the converter takes out and when you add the fridge and tv and entertainment system it is over 30 amps most of the time. Will be adding a 50 amp cord next month. Hope to get a cool day for that. Maybe a rainy day!! The kitchen needs to be finished and i will be switching from working on the rr to working on the kitchen when it cools back down in the fall. I am going to be buying up materials so we can have that here when it does get cooler. I can store on the trailer so It will stay dry.When i start up i will get shots. I know we won't get it all done this winter so we will have to stay one more summer but if i can get the rest done by say spring of 2011, we can get on the trail then. Not sure yet which way we want to go yet but am thinking about Colorado and then see which way to go from there. We can visit with family there and then head out from there. Not sure if we want to go east or west..just not sure yet. and not sure where to winter.. Have ideas but nothing in stone yet.... Anyway i will get back when we start, Dan
Old 04-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #582
R&D

Going to drop to annual updates? I enjoyed reading it.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:30 AM   #583

Vintage RV Owners Club
I started helping out last year for the local Historical Society. They have a thrift store and I have been working six days a week and all kinds of strange hours. My wife is also working there right along with me. On top of this i am now a board member and the treasurer. We have been told that we can never leave! I think they were just joking but we have done so well that we can support the museum with the sales from the store it self! The trade off is i don't have any time to do much to Dusty and with my health i am wondering if i will be able to continue full-timing.We still live in Dusty but haven't done anything to it but fire it up about every three months or so.I have thought of giving the reins over to someone else and moving to a home here in San Manuel. Don't know if i will or not. If something happens to make my health better then i may get back to traveling again. Right now off the top of my head i know i need to fix a few things and need to finish about three projects as well.Like i said, If.... Anyway i have to get busy and start up the store so catch you all later, Dan
Old 04-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #584
R&D

Thanks for the update. I hate getting into a good story and it ends and you wonder what happened. Your thread will serve as a good example for a long time of how to tackle a project head on. Good Luck.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #585

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well...The story isn't totally done yet! We are still working at the thrift store but as the people continue to leave the area we are seeing less items coming in to the store or they are more on the junk side than something really salable. I am wondering if the store will make it till the first of the year or not.
As for Dusty, I have done a couple of things but am a long way till i am finished. I replaced the A/C this summer and did some minor repairs on the inside.
I am not sure if i can go on the road next year or not. I have things to work on and really haven't had the time to do them and to make matters worse,..I may have cancer! I had a ulcer in my throat and now i have a spot on the lung really near that old ulcer. They are going to be running tests and am finished with that,and am having surgery on the 12th of October. So far i haven't heard what they are going to do or how they will do it. I see the doctor on the 1st. At that time i should know what i have..... We may have to move downtown to do whatever else they need me to do to get well.I hope i can get things done while going threw the treatments. I'll let you know....Dan
Old 09-20-2010, 05:28 AM   #586
R&D

Good Luck with everything.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #587

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Well, We are planning a move to Alabama as i got some strange news from the doc. Seems that along with my Asthma, i also have emphysema now! I haven't smoked since 1998! I thought things would get better when you quit? Anyway they said i need to get down off the mountains and closer to sea level. And they also told me that it should have some Humidty in the air as well. There idea was Yuma Arizona!!! I said no way! So I will be getting the coach and trailer ready to make a trip to Alabama as that area Deb and i both liked as we have been threw there a few times before. Will be also checking out Georgia and Mississippi too! I don't know about the Carolina's. But that will get us closer to family and take care of me as they said that they don't want to place me on Oxygen full time as it isn't good for you to stay on it all the time.
Anyway, I will be leaving the store right after the new year starts. I will be getting ready for the trip and will be leaving here in April to go down. The only thing i need to do on the coach right now is fix the left front tire, flat for some reason, new Michelin too!! Flush the brake system with new fluid as you should every so often as it gets contaminated with water somehow. that and a grease oil and fluids and filters done. And that should be all that is needed to be done. The trailer i was in progress of enclosing it so i can have a workshop and a model railroad as well as a place to store things while on the road. I will get that done and also change all the tires as they are out of date and also repack the wheel bearings too. That and we will be ready to travel. I don't think that this will be the last trip we will take. Got a gut feeling.....
Old 09-30-2010, 07:18 PM   #588

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
I also have enjoyed reading your thread... you could stop in Texas on your way, it has a 'lot' of humidity and is close to some of the finest hospitals should you need one.. but always go with your gut feeling,, I do and it hasn't let me down yet... BTW if you stop in Texas, I would be happy to let you work on our MH if you get Dusty finished and need something else to do
Keep on planning for tomorrow... update us occasionally..
take care
Helen

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote