Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #589

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

I Like Texas but Dw don't I think it has something to do with ex...He was from there. Anyway, I DO plan to make a stop in Texas near Fort Hood. We have friends in the Harker Heights area. Haven't seen them sine 99 so i think a stopover is in store. After that i am fluid. May stop over at Mississippi or go direct to Alabama. All i know for sure is that we should be out of here the 31st of March! In some ways i will miss the mountains but i can fish and swim in the area we are headed for . I just hope i can keep the trailer close by so i can work on my hobby while there. May have to go into a Mobile Home park instead of a rv park. Would like 50 amp service so i can plug both in. I am putting 30 amp service in the trailer and will have fans and a/c in the trailer when finished. Also a small fridge and my tools and tower computer as well. I can't remember if i posted shots of both before or not. I will have to check that and see. I know we have some i think at the picasa site. I will be busy this fall now with the store and trailer as that is the most important part of this trip.Then in Janary...wow that is just three months now. 7 months till we wave anchor!! Wow!!! I be looking forward to that! and away we goooo
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #590

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Hey,
Not real close to Ft Hood, but sort of East, South East of there. If you come near here, would love to meet you.. if you stay on the I 20 rt , there is a Cracker Barrel in Tyler, or if you go I 10 there is one at Baytown and one in Beaumont,,, I do drive long ways to go to Cracker Barrel but it is worth it
I understand about leaving the mountains ,, they are beautiful anytime of the year. Tell DW it would be ok to come thru TX or even stop here. It is so big of a state that Ex wouldn't even know she is here..unless someone blabs that is
take care,
Helen

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #591

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Yep, that wpuld be neat! Now if fleamarketer will get his coach done we could be three from irv2! She don't mind going thru texas but staying there is the issue...dono why...
Old 10-02-2010, 08:47 AM   #592

Texas Boomers Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Sounds great, and yes by all means the more the merrier.. we could party....... Cracker barrel wouldn't mind..
I will keep up with the thread and see when you are on your way, and if I don't talk to you before hand, have a safe wonderful trip.. may get lucky and Slowpoke will be home to join us.
Helen

"Travlin with a song and prayer"
Me n Slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #593

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Well, I guess its time to show our home as it is right now. I haven't painted the stripes. I haven't finished the enclosing of the trailer and i haven't made up my mind as to Keep or Get rid of the trooper. It looks better than it is. Needs more work than i want to do. Am looking for a better toad but haven't found anything yet that we like.....yet, have a good one, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2045.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	5881   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2045-1.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	5882  

Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #594

Vintage RV Owners Club
Talking

I have been busy here getting stuff done for the store and the chirch things too. Busy,busy,busy! It has been almost a year since I fired up the main engine and wake up the sleeping beast! I think I may have to replace the timing chain but I am concerned about the front and rear seals in the transmission first. The list go's start up the beast and check and see if there are any leaks. Then try going around the block and then check again. Then I can attack the most pressing issues first. I am almost 100% sure that it needs a timing chain as I lost power coming here from Catalina. Acted pretty sick for sure.
Next on the list is to fix the front brakes. The flex lines on the front are breaking and cracking and are blocking the flow to the left side brake and the right side acts like it has a sponge at the petal. I am thinking about both calipers replaced and new hoses and give it a good flush of new fluid and that should take care of it. I need to check the A/C and give it a shot if needed. I have a can of r-134 here somewhere...A good outside cleaning wouldn't hurt and get the stripes done. Give the two engines a oil an filter and air up the bags on the front and the tires too! Is this enough????
I need to work on the trailer too!! I am looking at another truck, a Chevy S-10 with V-6 and full power with only 62000 on it!! Need to check it for length as the trooper was 15 feet from bumper to bumper. I would like to see it shorter. I want to cover the trailer or find one that we could get to make a workshop and toad-hauler to. Will see i guess....
Old 11-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #595

Vintage RV Owners Club
Unhappy

Dang kids!!! That brand new rear window i had installed 3 years ago.. The outside pane is broken!! i found some rocks close that would have been close to the size that could've been used. Well, I guess we will have a higher payment next year... I think it cost around $800.00. Just another reason to leave here. Don't know if December or January But need to get down to a lower altitude. I am having more and more issues with the emphysema. I don't want to go on Oxygen if i can help it. I am going down to Tucson For now but will need to get even lower that that. Sucks!! I love the mountains. I don't think they have mountains in Texas or Alabama....
Well, one more piece of news is i did get the engine to start. I sounds real sick!! Missing on several cylinders I suspect Rats or pack mice. I not getting all the gauges working yet. Know there is some chewing on the wires for sure!! I was running better than that last year and the gauges all was working. No joy......
Old 11-15-2010, 12:20 PM   #596

They do have mountains in Alabama! Sand Mountain was featured on A&E's City Confidential (snake preacher murdered his wife with one of the snakes while we were living in TN... nasty sordid story). Alabama's mountains are located in the Northeast corner of the state. They are not terribly high.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #597

Vintage RV Owners Club
Unhappy

Humm, Didn't remember them but nice to know. Couldn't handle the winter up there but summer?
The window is in the process but the rest of this deal, i could do without. Deb and i have a lot of stuff that we put in the cab when we are not using it and that way we can get the truck off the trailer. When we get ready i put the truck on the trailer then load it up with the stuff from the cab. For right now i will have to shuffle things from the cab to bed while working. Not looking forward to this.. I hate meeces to pieces!!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #598

Newmar Owners Club
California has mountains. They run the length of the state. In fact, they pretty much ring the city of Santa Barbara, which is what helps provide their famous mediteranean climate.
a10koaksfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:36 PM   #599

Vintage RV Owners Club
Uaa,ok, I is talking about really BIG mountains...like 10000+ feet of mountain...And we have tall buttes here as well. The ones in front of us are over 12000 ft. The ones behind me are in the 10000ft range. Sometimes i have seen snow up there in the summertime.No place on the east coast but maybe N.H., I believe they call it Mount Washington. Its what..a mile up??
The rest of those hills are just that! But i will be saying good bye this coming year. I am having feeling of weakness and no energy. That makes it harder to do the things i need to do. I may end up going on O2 yet I didn't get anything done much today. The man from the glass co was here making measurements and whatever else he needed. The rest of my day was kicking back and playing music and banging the keys of this computer. Very hard day, huh?

I don't like shaky state much but there is a lot of beautiful scenery there!! I was on my bike there and i had to stop as the ro9ad was feeling like it was leaving! That was enough for me. I turned around and beat feet back on this side of the line. If they get a big one we will have enough shaking to last a lifetime! I guess tomorrow will be a make up day......
Old 11-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #600

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

This is what i call Mountains!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2721.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	6681   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2719.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	6682  

Old 12-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #601

Vintage RV Owners Club
Arrow

Wow..I haven't been here for a bit. I have the tires all aired up but the left front. I have to have it fixed on the 3rd. I had the engine started up but was running really rough. I think the float may be sticking from old gas. I had that fuel stable in it when i added gas this summer for the Generator. I have found a couple of nests but no mice. The stray cats around here have seen to that. I need to add some fresh gas and a can of carb cleaner to help the carb out. I have a small Transmission hose leaking and it was chewed so i need to fix that and then i think i can get it down into town. I hope the timing chain will hold out for me to get down there.
My insurance company called the other day and asked if i had heard from them and i told her no, And she was a bit upset..just a little, and i told her they better get it done or i would have to get them to come out or down where we will be. Its only about 50 or miles out of there way. Now if the rest of the stuff will work out ok, we should be down in town on the 3-4 and that will work out just perfect. Nice way to start the new year...In Motion! Now if this will work... If not.. another move... East! Later, Dan
Old 12-23-2010, 04:50 PM   #602

Vintage RV Owners Club
Probably wouldn't hurt to add a couple cans of Seafoam to the gas tanks.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote