Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:41 PM   #603

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
Probably wouldn't hurt to add a couple cans of Seafoam to the gas tanks.
I will try and find it here. There is a boating shop down in Catalina that may have it. I called a couple of places and they acted like i came out of the twilight zone.

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #604

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Try O'riley autoparts aka (Schucks, Kracken, Checker, Murphy's), they usually carry it.

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #605

Vintage RV Owners Club
I will try and see if they have that when i go back to town.Thanks!
Old 12-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #606

Vintage RV Owners Club
One week to go..Now all i have to do is get a couple of leaks fixed and should be able to start up that motor, And see what else (leaks)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #607

Vintage RV Owners Club
Update, I did get down here but had to have ole dusty towed. it needs a new timing chain and i am going to wait till Spring to do it. I can work on the truck and trailer. I am in pain so i am getting off this thing and getting something to eat and a shower and bed!! Later, Dan
Old 01-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #608

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Heart goes out for ya Dan, sounds like you got stuck in a daisy chain of one pita after another.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:14 PM   #609

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, I guess... Once i can get a new timing chain set in it, that should get it up and running. One other thing is i still need to find where the gas gauge and voltmeter wires are chewed. Those two gauges are still not working. I need to replace the rubber lines for the brakes and flush the lines and all out.I need to replace the back four tires to. The truck needs the transmission needs to be rebuilt and add to that the new clutch it needs. The trailer finish Gee..i guess i have plenty to do.I got nothing but time so might as well get it on, Dan
Old 01-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #610

Vintage RV Owners Club
I expect pictures and a detailed report each day .
Old 01-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #611

Vintage RV Owners Club
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckExpress View Post
I expect pictures and a detailed report each day .
I won't be doing much of anything till we get the stuff we don't need right now into our storage shed. Then i will attack the kitchen and try to finish it this month. Next month the front-end alignment on the trooper and two new tires on it. I am looking for a used transmission for it too. I would love to get another truck but can't right now.
I should have the coach done by summer. The truck...may have to wait. I would love to see a nice vehicle come my way. I do have friends!
The trailer is a whole different item on the fix list. Somehow in between fixing the truck or what ever vehicle we have and the trailer should be done,(i hope), by winter this coming year! Now this all depends on my health too! I could end up staying here or moving east to Texas or?
Anyway i have a bunch of work but do feel better down where i am now, but for how long i have no clue. Anyway i am out of here for now, Dan
Old 01-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #612

Vintage RV Owners Club
Temps have been in the 60's this week and i am Loving it!! I am not to sure about it but I have been getting some electrical issues. I am frying the power plugs! I have gone threw 3 of them in three years!! I know that there is more working on the line compared to what we had before. A micro- Convection and an a/c will not work together! The electrical heater in the a/c unit and the Micro- Convection oven will not work too. i have a gas/electric water heater, a pretty good enternament center and two computers And then there is the new converter for the 12 volt system! I use a Spark Arrester for 30 amp and use one of the electric switchers for the generator and it has 30 amp rating and have 8 gage wiring for all but the plug and cord is 10 gage coming in to the box. Need to get upgraded cord and plug! I am also thinking of switching to 50 amp service as the fuse panel is already set up for 50 amp service. I have a jumper for both phases in it right now. I was told that i could use a jumper on the generator and still get 50 amp from the pole threw the 50 amp switcher. Just keep the amps down when running on generator power. I guess that would work. Still thinking that one over.... I don't know if i want to get a 50 amp or more generator... Another reason i should be getting over kill is that when i get the trailer all done i will be needing a 30 amp service for it too! I have a 50 amp plug here i use with the adapter for 50 to 30 amp plug! I could make up one 50 amp plug with two 30 amp receptacle's on it to work with both units. I was told that we actually have 100 amp two phase at the pole. That may work too!! We rebuilt the electrical box when we had the new roof put on. Everything is 12 or 10 gage wiring! So they would be cool with there load but if you have 8 gage wiring coming to the box and then you use 10 gage wiring to the pole it will get hot over time! Add something wet,(rain), or what ever and you have a recipe for a fire! I cover the box when we are gonna get some rain or whatever and take it off afterward to keep the moisture out of connection. Didn't think to take any photos but if you can picture it with this text, You could see the plug housing blistered and fell apart when i took the plug off. For about 5-6 inches of wire coming from the plug was fried with the black or hot wire melted with the insulation completely melted off! I disturbed it when we went down here and so we had the fireworks the next day! Didn't really see it was that bad but was tired and just wanted to crash. I didn't even check to make sure that the wiring was correct on the outlet! Pays not to be tired..... Anyway..I am going to rest now. Later, Dan
Old 01-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #613

Vintage RV Owners Club
Unhappy

Ale shucks... I think the fridge bit the dust on me today. I don't smell any odor like Ammonia. The heating element is making the chimney hot like it should so i am thinking that the thermostat had gone south. or the motherboard. I put one of those in back in 1997. Maybe time for another one... Any other ideas??I am waiting to see if it will cool now with the thermostat up another notch. If not i could try it in LP mode tomorrow. I wonder about the thermostat?? next!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #614

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

I found a link that some of you could use and it is a way to save big time.

RV Cooling Unit Warehouse. Don't throw the old fridge out save it with a

new cooler unit! check it out. Mine will cost around $600.00..Beats $1500.00!!!! Dan
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #615

Vintage RV Owners Club
Talking

OK, i have that site to get a cooler for our fridge and one other thing that was a great thing if it pans out. I had to get the rear window replaced. someone shot a rock in it and shattered the front pane but the inner pane is still ok. Insurance is having a fit but now Roadrunner RV who put in the new window three years ago is in charge of getting a new replacement. I was talking to the service manager, and he put me on hold for a few days as he is getting some good used things from down in Three Points and there are two fridges coming in sometime in the next few weeks. Might be able to get one for even less. He said that they have to work or he can't sale them to anyone. I told him that i have the parts from my old one and he said lets deal. I have to take the truck down to have new tires and a alignment done, so i can check in then and see what he has. Would take 4-6 weeks for the Cooler to make it to me and if i send the 0ld core back i can get $100.00 back! So i can go both ways but will be worth waiting for a few extra days to see what happens. Stay tuned, Dan
Old 03-10-2011, 09:51 PM   #616

Vintage RV Owners Club
Arrow

Latest update is the rear window is still not done but am going down the 15th to see what is happening with that. Same for the fridge. I am going to start the tearing down the front of the engine to find out how much damage that has happened to the chain and/or gears. Maybe, while i am in there i can see where the mice have chewed thru the wiring. I have been walking and getting some exercise. Each lap around the camp is 1/4 mile! I am doing Much better here over the camp up at San Manuel. I will take pictures when i post. Later, Dan