Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #617

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs down

I think the rear window came by way of someone walking here but it is here and installed.. Next now i also have a brake issue on the front so...New master cylinder, rubber lines, rotors and capulers I will while i am at it replace the rubber lines to the back axle too and replace pads with ceramic pads. I haven't done anything to the coach yet. I have been working on the truck. I had to get the a/c recharged but when i did, found out the compressor is shot...so i will be getting another one in May as that should be when i get the eagle to spread out a few more bucks. I don't know what is worse, The truck or the coach! These two are eating me out of house and almost the home too!! I can't even get to the trailer as these two just keep getting more and more of the money that could have been used to get the trailer done. This coach was such a good old coach but anymore seems like a money pit. Guess that is what can happen not running it around the block a few times....

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2011, 02:26 PM   #618

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs down

It will be maybe a year before i can start work on the engine in the motorhome. I just sunk another 200 in this computer. I have to go back for more testing to see if the tumor has grown. I am having 4-5 of the symptoms for lung cancer. Don't have any plans other than to keep the truck running. I may not be able to travel anymore...don't know. I am loosing weight and am tired all the time and getting harder to talk. can't sing in church and always have cottonmouth and sore throat all the time.Drinking water doesn't really work to well. Been getting cough drops and popping them like M&M's. helps. I will check in once in awhile but not planning anything on the coach other than the fridge replacement. Check in later, Dan

Old 06-18-2011, 11:26 AM   #619

Vintage RV Owners Club
Question

I haven't been here or anywhere much lately. Nothing happening! My health is killing me slowly... Keeps up and i will be in the hospital. I wanted to go back east to live, Guess that is not in the cards.... If i do win this war within my body, i may get my strength back to work on this old coach again. Never know?? I'll hang in there if i can, Dan
Old 06-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #620

Forest River Owners Club
I had to face some decisions you are facing now. I refused traditional treatment and went and saw a herbalist. I know it's hard for some folks to understand, but the doctor was totally confused when follow up visits showed no cancer..... Each person has to make their own decision, but don't be afraid to look at other options.
rlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #621

Vintage RV Owners Club
I wonder how many who have or had lung cancer would try real lemons? They have proved that the tumors themselves have shrunk or completely disappeared! Use it in water, Eat it,( not my style but works), And make sure its real lemons, not the powdered stuff you would use in lemonade. I have the tests in August. About 6 weeks from now. They said the 3rd. Right now, i hate it but i am too weak to do the heavy stuff right now. I'm loosing weight too. That along with the temps here in Arizona, are just draining all the battery power out of me. On top of that is the emphysema and all the pollution and smoke from the fires! I hate being stuck in the house but even if i had oxygen i don't think it would be good for me to stay outside much. Right now i am hating this whole situation. I would love to be in Maine right now!!!.....
Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #622

Forest River Owners Club
Was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in 2002, went to see an herbalist. Took a few herbs, but believe that Stablized Rice Bran and Dr. Wallach's Majestic Earth Minerals made the difference. Cancer disappeared and the doctors couldn't understand it.... still clean....
rlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #623

Vintage RV Owners Club
I hope that thats what happens in August! We will see.....
Old 06-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #624

This is the cancer cure I believe in: Budwig Diet for treating cancer with alternative approaches

Good luck; I hope it helps!! Will to live and BELIEF will get you through this!!
Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #625

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Nothing on the tumor yet but more issues now. In the last 4 days i have had seizures and knocked out. Yesterday they took me to the hospital and they came up with a big goose egg!! I was in that seizure when i got to the hospital. They ran every test in the book and then some. No heart and brain issue and nothing happening with blood and urine tests! I got another appointment on Monday so maybe they will have something else that may be able to try and see if that will show this. Some thought is was some kind of heat related thing but i was in one part which uses swamp-cooler and another air that was air-conditioned. Thought i was doing to much and winding myself in the heat. Nope. Went to birthday party Saturday. I got up walked over to hug a gal i haven't seen for awhile, Hugged her and turned to her husband and next thing i knew i was in a chair coming out of it and was air conditioned! About 1 hour later or so i had another. Yesterday i had three of them. Didn't have any Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. I was working on my next project both Monday and Tuesday. Can't figure out what is going on?? The doctors are just as stumped as i am.
My latest project is a 1969 Chevy pickup and in not to bad a shape. Anyway i have been checking the beast out. needs some work, mostly electrical, The rear-end and transmission that needs some work. Nothing serious just it has been sitting for awhile. Checking seals and stuff like that and anything else i can find. I don't know if i want to tow all 4 down or keep using the trailer. Still working that one down yet. Anyway, the doc will give me the latest results as to if the tumor has grown and next options on that as well. Will check in later, Dan
Old 09-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #626

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Cancer is not here yet. The cyst hasn't grown but maybe 1-2 mm. So, I am alright there. Next, They took 5 meds i have been on for a few years now. Seems they were just right before i started to loose weight. That was between 260 to 330 pounds. Now i am down to 190 pounds and those meds were way too much for my weight. I haven't had any issues with any sesures or passing out. I have been working on the truck and have the worst done. I put a cap on the truck bed and am thinking i can go camp with this buggy! Need to get a mattress and a cooler of some kind but we [I]should[I]be able to travel and camp with a tent and with the stuff we already have this should be fun. Not the same as motorhoming but better than nothing. Maybe we will have better news next year. I couldn't find Fleamarketer here, but his thread should be here somewhere. I will be around here more. I am loosing one of my favorite sites so i will be here more. Anyway, thats all for now. Dan
Old 09-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #627

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wink

I had some issues when i bought a 1969 Chevy Pickup and was trying to fix it up. I plan to camp with it and a tent this coming summer. I was having dizzy spells and about four times i totally passed out and the last one i had called the emergency and went down the the hospital and was still having the issue when i got there. My Blood Ox was 70, Should be 90+. My blood pressure was 60 over 40. My blood sugar was in the 90's. They said that they thought that i was dehydrated and need more water. o they let me go after all the tests were done. I got an emergency appointment at the Va health center. When i showed the records and he looked up my file, He found out why.5 Different meds are causing dehydration. I was taken off those meds including my diabetic meds!! the main reason was i have lost a lot of weight. I quit smoking about ten years ago and my weight had climbed to over 320 pds! It kinda stayed there till about 2 years ago when i got down to about 280 then i went to 260 and then this year i went down to where i am now. 190! The dose on the meds never changed. the meds were killing me...again! Thats twice they almost killed me now! The new doctor i have now and the one that saw me is a great doctor. Thats twice they had changed my doctor. Both times were because the older doc or whatever kept feeding new meds but never changed the dose from what i was to wherever i am at that time. This is twice in about two years! They ship the old doc out to who knows. New Doc comes in and gets me fixed and then sometime they would maybe change my med or add to it without stopping the old med. You need to be a doctor to get real health care! The cancer isn't a big deal it seems right now but they want to do another cat scan next year to see if it does grow.
Now..With all that stuff,..I can now and have been working on my pickup and getting it ready to travel next year. Plan a shorter trip in state. Grand Canyon should be one place and there is a couple of other places that i would like to show Deb. I still have things to do with the coach. The biggest issue is the fuel millage right now. Once we get the stuff done, we can think about travel with coach and trailer with the new-to-me truck. Anyway, I am back and am maybe gonna get this old coach,( sorry about the pun), fixed, finished and travel ready! I miss the road, and my feet are itching to hit the road again. If everything is together we may go to the northwest and go around the mountain states and then find a new area that we want to stay at when winter comes. Will have to get our reserves in cash back first. I will be around here more now that i am feeling so well! I feel like 15 years younger now! I will check in later, Dan
Old 09-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #628

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Glad you are doing better. Good luck on hitting the road next year.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #629

Vintage RV Owners Club
sdennislee,i know...Gas could be over 5.00 a gallon by that time...
I got all the stuff to put a after market a/c system in the truck. On-line, at like JC Whitney they want $1500.00!!. I am not going out to my money tree and take all those bucks off of it. The unit goes under the dash is after market but the compressor and condenser are GM I also put a shroud for the engine fan and a back up fan for the A/C or engine as needed. That will i hope...it will stay cool when down town in stop and go traffic. Looking at a six blade flex fan. Beats a clutch fan. Man i want to go camping!!! I have to wait till late spring...sucks.... Later, Dan
Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #630

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Those flex fans are as noisy as all hell. If you want to do a fan conversion, convert to electric and save your engine some work .

'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote