Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #645

Like the lines and configuration of this trailer. You are making it sound worse than it looks. Good project. Like the kitchen set up

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #646

Vintage RV Owners Club
Its nice but still don't know where they put the monitor panel.. It needs a toilet, A fridge, one window replaced and water pump switch, Everything else we can handle but where o where did they hide the blasted monitor panel????????

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #647

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Did you look in all the cabinets? Possibly down lower as well?
Old 09-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #648

Vintage RV Owners Club
I went through every one of the cabinets, Closets, bathroom, kitchen and all the above cabinets as well.I found the power box and the converter and all the circuity but when i looked for the monitor panel, there just isn't one.I found the furnace and water heater I checked the holding tanks and they have the wiring to them. The fresh water tank under the bed is also showing wires to the tank level. I am wondering something. Did they use the range hoods with the monitoring systems in them in the mid 80's? It does seem to have a different kind of hood. I was searching for the wiring but don't see it there.That may have been where they had it but i am taking a best guess there...I think the only way i will know for sure is to pull the range hood off and see if there is any wiring in the cabinet above the hood. If memory serves, They had a water pump switch on them too. And battery power as well. If i have to, I can use the one in this coach.That and the water heater controller. Other than that i am at a loss. The rest is easy stuff! That panel is the only major thing i will have to fix. Anyone else have any other ideas?? I still want it!! Just waiting for them to make up there minds... Dan
Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #649

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Well if she's solid and you've got the parts you can salvage out of the motorhome, and you can get it for peanuts, then I'd go for it.

Take a look at your tanks, if there's no wires coming from them, then yer rig may not have any kind of monitor panel from the get go. Not all RVs did. Otherwise, if she's got that boxy squared off kind of range hood, she may very well have them there, I know I've seen a few classic winnebagos with that configuration in the 80s.

yer going to also need new stabilizers, it looks like only 1 of the 4 is still on the rig.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #650

Vintage RV Owners Club
The levelers are toast. All for are bent out of shape. I have new BAL brand levelers for the coach. The tanks all three have the wiring going somewhere but I was also looking at the power panels and The wires are headed towards the front.But on its way to the kitchen, The wires just disappear. I am willing to bet money that that is where the panel was. I know they did have water heater controls and water pump switch and battery bank levels too. If you look at the vent, it don't look right at all. I am going to post a couple to give you the idea as to what i am seeing. I hope i am right, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Home.. maybe 025.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	768.6 KB
ID:	14373   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Home.. maybe 011.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	620.2 KB
ID:	14374  

Name:	New Home.. maybe 012.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	775.6 KB
ID:	14375  
Old 09-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #651

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yes my 84 Winnebago has the monitor on the vent hood.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	$(KGrHqMOKn!E2eoyqyCbBN2WJ74(BQ~~_3.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	14376  
Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #652

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thumbs up

Yes!!! Thanks fellow!! Now i only need to attach my panel and we are in business. Now if i could find out if we have it now.... Thanks again! Dan
Old 10-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #653

Dan-caught up on the recent trailer considerations.With what you went threw on a roof before,I hope you don't have to do it again with the trailer.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #654

Vintage RV Owners Club
I only saw one area and the wall was solid! I think it was most likely fixed already. Still haven't heard anything yet.I am still working on the inside of the cab yet. Painting and installing gauges. I got the paint i need for it. Once everything is finished i will only have one more detail, Tinted glass! I will be doing the cap windows too!! Those windows are clear! Can't or won't keep that thing that way. Have way to many tools in it to give everyone a view that lets them see or steal all my goodies!
While i am waiting for the answers on that trailer, I can start up body work. I am going to have to make brackets for the new Mirrors. I don't think that the doors could handle that much weight. The ones i am talking about are the new ones from the coach. And i have a bunch of holes from mirrors and tie downs and whatever. I am putting "patches" behind the holes so it will accept "plastic" or "Bondo" as some call it. Thin skim coats will work in those areas. I will be glad when i get the exterior done. Only a couple of things to do after that. Change the rear axle ratio and a automatic transmission. I put a load on it today. a friend has to move and he needed help. I loaded the truck from the front to the back with no room left inside. Used my flatbed to put the furniture and stuff like that. I would be doing say 25 mph and just give it some gas and it speed right up. No need o downshift to make it speed up at all. was really surprised about that!
Anyway, I am very much impressed!! Later all, Dan
Old 10-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #655

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
What rear axle gears are you currently running? I use 4.10s which work good for towing with a gas engine, but kinda suck for mileage.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #656

Vintage RV Owners Club
Right now it has 3.72's in it. I was thinking that 3.90's with the auto overdrive.
Yesterday i was helping my friend move out of a apartment and i used my flatbed. It had the washing machine, sofa and other heavy stuff and i had the back of the bed all packed too. I was only doing between 45-55mph. It was like it wasn't there. I didn't need to shift gears and just added more to the petal and it just climbed up the foot hills here. I can't believe just how strong this little six is!! I may keep the same ratio, and just add the trans to it.I may also have to change the drive-shaft too! Not sure about that yet. Right now i am getting ready to paint the dash back to white and mount my gauges back in. That will pretty much finish the cab,Then body work is next. I also need to make brackets for the new outside mirrors. I am taking the outside mirrors off the coach to put on the truck. I think 1/8" steel should do it. I am also adding the cab clearance lights to make it legal for pulling that trailer. I am putting the lights i have off the coach to the trailer so it will be legal too. Now if the guy calls me or comes by, i can start up the switch r roo on it! If he doesn't want to sale it, i will be looking for another.I can keep working on the truck, getting it ready to tow a trailer. I have to get more stuff for it first. Dan
Old 10-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #657

Vintage RV Owners Club
Unhappy

Well, It seems that they don't want to sell the trailer to us. So we are looking for another one. One other thing is i am not sure how big a trailer we can tow with our truck. The truck says GCW of 5000pds. so that would be maybe 3000 of tow capacity. Not sure how big a trailer would be to go over that limit. But am looking around. Its not like i am towing it across the country anyway. Maybe here to the home park and that would be it but could use another small trailer for travel or use a tent or the inside of the truck bed.The later would be the best idea. Maybe a slide-in. I am still taking off the stuff in the rv for the truck. I have heard that that is just the weight "in" the truck... I don't think that was what GM thought back in those days when the truck was built. I have heard that this buggy can tow 10000 pds!! I think it is a very high limit for the little truck we have. Even if we use a weight equalized hitch, I am not to sure if i could tow that much weight. Am i right?? I am missing Anything?? thought's?? I'm not getting rid of my truck. Dan
Old 10-12-2011, 12:17 PM   #658

Vintage RV Owners Club
Is she a half ton?