Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #743

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan
well, I started a new item in the coach. I am building a new desk custom style. It has to fit over the rear wheel wells. Can believe that they used Plastic wheel wells at that!! Its slow going. It is getting harder to breath and i see the doctor in October. I have lots of things to do yet but have to take it easy while i am repairing things. I have worked on this desk for a week and not even close to be getting done. I have the top of the desk in place and so i hooked up the computer again. So far, i love it. Takes a bunch of bending off my bath.
Getting off this thing, Storm coming in, Later, Dan
How you been faring with the rash of haboobs hitting the area?
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #744

Vintage RV Owners Club
Actually, We don't get them up north of Tucson much. Over west of us they have had several. One Yesterday. We haven't had any here this year. We have had lots of rain! I think its the most in over 10 years! they say its the most rain and humidity on record!
I will finish the desk and then i will start working on the engine. When not on that i will try and work on the kitchen. I got a counter top and will make a new cabinet in the same area. I need to get it done. I can get that done and the engine running again, then...the front brakes and then i can take a trip maybe next spring or summer. I have a few things to finish on the flat-bed trailer so i can pull the truck behind on it. Deb and i both need to get rid of junk in the 5th wheel trailer so i can get rid of the 5th wheel trailer. I think i will be able to sale it to one of the farms that need a place to store hay or feed. Some of the stuff in that trailer is things that needs to be in the kitchen. I want to travel next year. I am getting tired of desert and not fishing or swimming. Don't care about Humidity or rain like back east. Thinking about Florida for winter and summers in Maine. That way we can see our family more often. When i get to where i cannot drive the long trips, i am planning to stay in Florida.
anyway, thats the plan, Dan
Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #745

Well Dan Maine is closer to where I am currently in Roch,NY.LOL-question would be if I can get ready to move out of here before you get to Maine. We'll have to see how that plays out.

Gary
fleamarketer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #746

Vintage RV Owners Club
You forgot about Florida in the winters.... I guess i will become a real snowbird. All this depends on my health and how things go while getting ready for the trips. Hope everything works out right. Right now we are getting water logged! Need a few days to dry out and then i can start up on the desk and then to work on the engine and kitchen. Once it gets into the cooler temps i will be able to work on the exterior issues. I hope to be able to get the engine and Generator back up and running by say November. By Spring all the other things i need to do and by summer somewhere going east. Hope my health holds out!! Later,Dan
Old 09-12-2012, 12:28 PM   #747

Monaco Owners Club
keep us informed, and i wish you the best!!!
Hope your health holds out forever.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #748

Vintage RV Owners Club
thanks Jim, i will be seeing the doctor in a month from now to see what he wants to do for me. In the meantime i am trying to finish the desk i will have the computer on. I have waited long enough for it. I have other projects that i plan to finish or do. I don't know if i can get it all done by next summer or not. I can try....
Old 09-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #749

Vintage RV Owners Club
I finally got some more work done on the desk today. Slow going. Hope the doctor can find something that works for the pain in the leg. Its getting old quick! I will be loading up pictures later, Dan
Old 09-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #750

Sending me to the pain clinic Oct 15 which is doctor speak for they have given up on me for finding out why.Real bush league B.S.Primary doctor is going to get fired.
fleamarketer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #751

Vintage RV Owners Club
They already did that to me. pain clinic is a joke..., I still have a good (better than usual) Doctor that is trying to help with my pain issues and another that takes care of my Depression. Depression is good...Pain is needing fixed for awhile. They gave up on surgery in the neck and back. They won't try and touch it as they could kill me or make other things stop working or make it worse. Not a good plan there!! I think they will end up putting me on a Oxygen Concentrator. They could also put me on Oxygen. Given the two, I would like the Concentrator. At least i could get around without the bottle on me 24/7. The other way i can turn it on or off depending how or what is going on at the time. They say that the oxygen you can't do that..don't know why. But the oxygen would cost more than the portable Concentrator. I want the one that works off battery, 12volt and 110volt. Can go anywhere with it. They say its quiet in operation than the home types. have to wait and see. Have two more weeks till i see him in October. I did get some more work done on Saturday. Am planning on some today after i get off here. Pics are at the site so nothing to really look at right now but after i am done..should look pretty good. I got a list of things i will be needing when we get that check. Over 3500 plus what i have now. Lots of parts for the coach and truck. I won't be able to do flatbed until next year. The coach maybe by spring if i don't find anything else damaged. I am getting a flat screen so i have more room at the desk. The old monitor just takes up too much room. I will do a few things on the truck but not a lot till next year.Next year the truck and trailer should be done...i hope.....
Old 09-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #752

Vintage RV Owners Club
Just a quick update. I have gone as far as i can with the Desk. Don't have the parts i need to finish the desk and that will be payday. One shot below. It shows the desk drawers in but they are not "in". It will work for me. Later, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camera 050.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	400.9 KB
ID:	26174  
Old 09-23-2012, 02:53 PM   #753

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quick update. They have changed my Doctor...Again!!I have no idea what this one is like. Its now a woman doc. I had to go down and do blood labs and other testing they wanted to have before i go in the 9th. While there i talked to the doc's Nurse and they put me on prednisone. It has helped so far. I have a 5 day supply and tomorrow is that last day. Should know by weds. if it will do the trick. We got the check so i am in order mode to get all the stuff i need for the truck and coach. I just hope i can stay active. I am getting bored. Will have all these parts and need the energy to do it. And hope with less pain too!! Later, Dan
Old 09-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #754

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan
Ok this where I can let you know whats going on with the rebuild. I uploaded several photos that show some of the damage but I can't get at the worst yet. Hope to soon and will add when I can. Like I said, These are labors of love and respect. We don't expect those of you who have newer homes to understand but then, sometimes we don't understand it ourself's so that said, Lorna, SanjayR and I have our work cut out for us and work to be done! Let the fun...Begin!! Capt!

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showga...at=683&ppuser=
Good luck
Old 09-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #755

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #756

Vintage RV Owners Club
Won't be around for a bit. maybe three or four days as i am gettng the desk finished. Will get pic's after too, Dan