Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #757

Vintage RV Owners Club
yep..Pain Clinic a big joke. Still working on the drawers and the paint. Desk top done and the computer is all rebuilt and running great. Have parts coming for the home and truck. so i will have plenty to do as i can. So, Thats about all for now. I am finishing the desk and starting the new entertainment center i need to make. New shelf's for books and whatever else she wants to put there. A couple of shots below, Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New desk 014.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	27242   Click image for larger version

Name:	New desk 017.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	27243  

Name:	New desk 019.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	27244   Click image for larger version

Name:	New desk 020.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	27245  

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #758

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wouldn't you just know it...That new hard drive killed my motherboard and corrupted my xp hard drive. I just got up and running..again. I got another drive for the windows 7. If it kills this hard drive i am really gonna be upset!! I am getting the necessary info on the return on that drive. I also have a issue with one of the ram chipsets. won't work. Really wondering about Tiger Direct! this is supposed to be brand new stuff. Thinking it maybe its something off of ebay!! I will have to redo all the drawers in the desk as i will have to sit this tower on the desk itself. Tall motherboard and intel processor. gaming board with a P-4 3.5gig processor. Fast little devil!! Acts like a duel core!! Anyway later, i will get this thing done so i can get up to the work at hand on the coach. Later, Dan

Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #759

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to RedneckExpress Send a message via AIM to RedneckExpress Send a message via MSN to RedneckExpress Send a message via Yahoo to RedneckExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
Wouldn't you just know it...That new hard drive killed my motherboard and corrupted my xp hard drive. I just got up and running..again. I got another drive for the windows 7. If it kills this hard drive i am really gonna be upset!! I am getting the necessary info on the return on that drive. I also have a issue with one of the ram chipsets. won't work. Really wondering about Tiger Direct! this is supposed to be brand new stuff. Thinking it maybe its something off of ebay!! I will have to redo all the drawers in the desk as i will have to sit this tower on the desk itself. Tall motherboard and intel processor. gaming board with a P-4 3.5gig processor. Fast little devil!! Acts like a duel core!! Anyway later, i will get this thing done so i can get up to the work at hand on the coach. Later, Dan
Wow.... haven't heard the P4 name in years.... Hell, Pentium is barely even around anymore, mostly used for the low end market chips (I work for the company that makes them )
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #760

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby Dan View Post
Never heard of a HD trashing a mobo... just a thought.... do you have an open back for the space the computer sits in? Overheating could be an issue....

If you're in a hurry, you shouldn't be RV'ing
RVee'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #761

Vintage RV Owners Club
Western Digital makes the worst kind of hard drive. And it was the hard drive that caused it. The first time i thought it might have been the motherboard dying. I got another motherboard and i hooked up everything but the new hard drive and it worked ok. I hooked the new drive with the windows 7 and as soon as i turned it on..Shot another board! I got another board and yes it is used and that p-4 will out smoke most duel cores if i over clock it. I have access to a few that are in the 3.4-3.6 range. I took and sent that hard drive back and told them i just wanted my money back so that is taken care of. I got a new seagate hard drive and it is in and working perfectly. I wish i could have my asus motherboard fixed but it is in pretty sore shape. The processor even cooked. Have a feeling that the fans might have shut down first. Anyway after all that i am back up and running. The only thing that makes any sense is the hard drive shorting out. and i have seen them do that a few times. On top of that one of the memory chipsets stopped working. I am running on 3.5 gigs right now but they are sending me another 512 chipset as we speak. Three gigs and 32 bit system with two hard drives with XP on one drive and windows 7 on the other. I have been debugging it for two days and it just keeps getting better all the time. all the bugs seem to be out and this computer is doing very well. that extra ram will help for sure. its a used board but 3 years old and works really great but i will be getting myself a new motherboard later on. I am trying to find another board like i had before. I like asus mb's. The board i have right now was a gaming board. He got a newer board and i got this one. On the question about the fans, It has two big ones, 4" and a 2" on the processor. All are controlled by the board so if it cooks i would say something else did it. I have run the computer in debugging mode for three days and it stays super cool. There are two more fans in the power supply and it has stayed really cool too. Anyway, i am back and running again. Later, Dan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_2839.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	321.5 KB
ID:	27921  
Old 10-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #762

Vintage RV Owners Club
I should say 5 fans in it. One up front blowing threw the hard drives, one on the back pulling air from the inside out. One on the processor. And two for the power supply to keep it cool as well. Since i couldn't use my old tower i am redoing the drawers and will now have a storage door and shelves for Paper, inks and program discs. Anything else i need to be there. Hope to have it finished by Saturday. Been working on the truck and motorhome. Always something! I got our "yard" looking good. New grill, Table and a couple of new chairs and flag pole with flag mounted on the coach. night lights that are real pretty at night and have the copper finish. Still want one of those covered portable camp fire units on wheels. I wish i could have got the larger rug for the yard too. Maybe later. I am working on getting the paint to do the stripes. pics below, Dan
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mess pics 002.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	406.4 KB
ID:	28309   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mess pics 001.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	28310  

Name:	Mess pics 004.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	378.2 KB
ID:	28311   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mess pics 003.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	410.2 KB
ID:	28312  

Old 02-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #763

Vintage RV Owners Club
At first of hearing Fleamarketer giving up on his home on wheels, I have been wondering about this one too... Deb and i have been wondering which way to go. Yes we have a bunch of capital in it and still things that need to be finished. Got the cash..need the help! We are not sure if we want to do it with this one or start over again. I know if it was just me. But the woman of the home has her own ideas. She has been kicking around ideas as well. We just don't know what way we want to go. I can get the parts we need to get this buggy back on the road. What we don't know is what else is going bad from sitting so long?? I am wondering about the mice tracks and little droppings i find from time to time. I am waiting for the spring to get here or warmer weather to climb under the coach and try to find out what is damaged and how much it will take to fix it. I do know we need another gray tank. I have had this one fixed twice. Time to get another one. Still need a timing chain, front Brakes and master cylinder. I still need to get in the cab and take the vacumn with me and see just what has been chewed and or not. Right now it would take a army to clear a path to get there. Its Debs area, And i am not going there. If i threaten her a few mores times it may happen but if not...I will clear out that area!! She would not like it if i did it, so the battlegrounds are drawn and both sides are set to do battle!! We will need 4 new tires for the rears. Might need a new front seal on the tranny.
Mind you now..I am not up to snuff so this is not going to be easy on me. I don't know what i will be able to do or when. I am having some new issues too! I haven't worked on the truck and my friend used my trailer and i haven't heard back on how that went. I have been thinking about cutting my losses and find something newer. Never tell...Deb may kill me before that even comes to vote. Anyway thats all for now. Same church and same pew for now, Dan
Old 07-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #764

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well folks, Our Motorhome was totaled Sunday. Bad storms did a real bit of damage. So the insurance totaled it as it would be about 10000.00. Not worth fixing. Found a way newer 5th wheel trailer and should be in it by August. WE are boxing up the stuff and putting everything we want into the storage trailer. Its a 2001 model. Don't think it is something for this part of the forum. So...have a good one. Dan
Old 07-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #765

Dan,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but it sounds like you have landed on your feet.

We used to "talk" on Julie's old website before it went belly-up.

Hope all continues to go well!!

2006 Cougar 289 EFS
Firecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #766

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fire Captain, you ole fireman you!! Good to hear from you!!!! Yes it is sad to loose our home but we are getting a larger home and my truck can handle the weight and with the work i have done to it we can go where ever we want. When we turn the keys over we are gone camping for a couple of weeks. Been wanting to do a little fishing, swimming, maybe a hike and just soaking up mother nature. Looking forward to that. Then we will get our new home and load it up and then maybe stay here a year or so we will be moving to Texas. Not sure on where quite yet but somewhere in Texas for sure. We may take more trips but nothing on the list of things to do yet. Again good to see you here. I lost contact with everyone but Julie. She is ok but i think the camping business is gone. She is well and did loose her 5th wheel for the same reason as ours. High Winds! I think she did get another 5th wheel but not as nice as the other one. The one we are getting is really a nice home. Maybe i will come around once we get in and un-packed. This will be the last day for the computer to be intact as i will be packing it up and putting it in the storage trailer. So long for now, Dan and Deb
Old 07-13-2013, 07:15 PM   #767

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dan, sorry about your loss. Best of luck with your new 5ver.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #768

Vintage RV Owners Club
I gues this should be the last entry for Dusty. After all the things she and us have been through, We will miss her but she will be in rv heaven. She has been a nice ride and we put a lot of cash in her but we will be taking things out of her and putting them in the 5th wheel. So this will close this thread for good. Will check in later, Dan and Deb Martin