Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:12 PM   #85

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well everyone, I want to wish you all a happy mothers day and hope it is a good one!!!
Capt. Dan said that!!

Wallaby Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #86

Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks for the link, Lorna. I have two different things I can do tomorrow,I can start the work on the engine if, there is no wind! The other thing I can do is finish the back of the coach! Any way I look at it, I'm working on the home! I want to get the coach finished for the summer and fall as I want to do some real camping,you know what I mean...Fishing visiting different places and having some FUN for a change! I can do that till this winter and then I will have made up our minds[Tweets to]! as to how we want to proceed with the kitchen and sofa areas. We have been kicking a few different ideas around, and are on the back burner for now as I already have too much on my plate. The doctors are spreading the appointments in a way that almost means that we have to stay in the area. We'll.. I may see if we can get some blm land permits for the summer months so we can get some fun in this summer.
I guess I will find out more as the summer goes on! Later All, Capt.Dan

Old 05-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #87

Vintage RV Owners Club
Winds up so no engine work,except on the truck. Seems the hose clamp broke and was letting the anti-freeze leak out and was almost off when I found it out! So thats fixed. I've been sanding the back and primming the fiberglass so it can be painted!
I have a little problem that I'm not to sure what to do about, Yesterday my heart started beating really fast so it only lasted about 5-10 seconds. I didn't think anything about it as I've had my arms do that twitching before,but last night while I was asleep it did it again waking me up! This morning while I was working on the truck I had another attack! SO, If it happens again, I'm calling 911!!
I'm tired so I'm resting and seeing if it happens again! I will check in later,Capt.Dan
Old 05-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #88

Vintage RV Owners Club
I did Noth'in! I no Noth;in,I see Noth'in,I hear Noth'in! I mean noth'in!!!
The dr. called today and said that they lost my EKG!!! Now with the age of computers and all that government money....How the **** do ya loose EKG'S!!! Tell me it isn't built by China!!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #89

Vintage RV Owners Club
I'm beginning to think that this rapid heart thing is coming from the neck and is nerve related . I'm going to start working on the engine again and see if this is the problem as I'm Bored to death with sitting around! Let you know how it goes! Capt.Dan
Old 05-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #90

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wasn't a breeze and I started to punch the new piston in and I need to turn it a bit so I go outside and get the tools together to pull the oil pan and the wind picked up and the clouds started to come in and I said the heck with it and went inside. tomorrow is another day! Friday I have to take Tweet in to the Va,so That will kill that day! Maybe tomorrow will be quiet! i hope as I'd like to get something done.
I havn't had any pains or fast heartbeats so...
Old 05-17-2007, 03:45 PM   #91

Vintage RV Owners Club
Whats that old saying about best made plans??...
I had to take out that piston that was new as it was the wrong size!! **** idiot!! I got it out without damage to the cylinder wall, but put the whole thing on hold. I called the idiot, he's not there so I went down and left him a calling card! When he comes in tommarrow, he will have no problem telling the bad piston from the one he got me!!
I'm tired, Durty and Pis**ed off!! Later, Capt.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #92

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I got a new piston coming Monday and a set of new rings for it. If it comes in I will double check that piston size first! Then the rings end groove and then try and punch this one in.
I got a neck collar on and the pain is almost gone in the arms and legs. No more racing heart issues..yet! I see the doctor in June on the 13th,I don't like the date but it isn't a Friday so I guess it will be ok.
Well, Thats all folks! Capt.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #93

Vintage RV Owners Club
Winds blowing too much to do anything! The piston isn't in yet so I'm waiting for the shipper to bring it in. I was going to work on the front end where it is black around the windshield. Was going to mask, sand and repaint that as its in kinda bad shape. Winds are not helping this project, so I said heck with it till another time.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #94

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, Never a dull moment around here! I'm waiting for the ring set to come in from Phoenix. Suppose to be in tomorrow morning. With the winds like they are, Could be a few days before I get good weather. On top of all this fun and games we got a bug in the system that kept me busy for the last few days as I kept trying to corner the little bug it kept eating away at the hard drive and I needed to remove it so reformat the drive and new OS and all the software that belongs to it! Thats just SOO much fun!!!
At least I got it done! Now how long till the next time?
Nothing much productive happening so I will see you all later. Capt.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #95

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi, Got the new piston and ring set and have it all ready to punch in.. now if the wind would settle down I could get the pan off and do the piston and Bearings and seal up the oil pan. After that,the heads and the rest is easy!! Computer is working like it would normally would.I got the bug,I guess. Nothing much else to do right now so I will check in later, Capt Dan
Old 05-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #96

Hey Cap, do you know the origin of the phrase " a bug in the system"?

Grace M. Hopper, a naval lieutenant in the 1940s, was a chief architect of COBOL in the late 1950s. Admiral Hopper (deceased) is a legend in the computer science field. She is remembered for coining the term "Bug." When ENIAC-the giant electronic brain-suffered a system crash, an operator extracted an electrocuted moth between two vacuum tubes. Grace taped the dead insect into the daily log with the note, "There was a bug in the system."

It just seems to be that as RV'ers, we should be aware of this as we may be victims of the same calamity. . .

Dodge 440 in an M500 chassis
Sanjay R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:18 PM   #97

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yep, that make since as I had a bug in this system!
Good to hear from ya! Got the Pm and will check with you later, Dan
Old 05-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #98

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, The weather is supposed to be better so I will try and punch the piston in tomorrow and get the bottom buttoned up. Thats all folks, Capt Dan