Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2018, 06:50 AM   #15

Third Set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parts List.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	193449   Click image for larger version

Name:	Instructions for Removing Single Reduction Motor Assembly.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	472.6 KB
ID:	193450  

Name:	Single Reduction Motor Assembly.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	248.6 KB
ID:	193451   Click image for larger version

Name:	Instructions for Removing Double Reduction Motor Assembly.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	418.5 KB
ID:	193452  

wileyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2018, 06:51 AM   #16

Fourth Set.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Double Reduction Motor Assembly.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	193453   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kwikee Electric Steps Motor Assembly.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	368.2 KB
ID:	193454  

Name:	Extending and Retractin step treads for mounting.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	357.1 KB
ID:	193455  
Old 02-24-2018, 07:00 AM   #17

....several different steps/parts are available. I too, am curious what holds your steps in place [stored] if the motor/gears are gone????? Kwikee/Leppert are most common brands now and PPL is a good place to start. Note--most new replacement motors and control box that require a magnetic [normal-open] switch to operate so you may have to replace/rewire door switch too.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:03 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Wileyw thanks for posting/scanning the manual. Was wondering if you saved entire document as a PDF.
If so, could I ask you to send to me please.
Many thanks
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #19

Well I was able to get under the coach earlier today but could not find any sticker's as to who the manufacturer is. I also noticed the plug wire for it is only a (2) prong wire in the manuals that wileyw supplied it shows they are (4) wire prong. also I am a little confused on the motor bracket there are (3) of them how would I determine which one would work? There is someone here on the forum jpony56hd that I sent a pm that has the same rig as mine just waiting for him to get back to me. I might post a question on the gulfstream owners and see if someone would be any help.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:55 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost There View Post
Wileyw thanks for posting/scanning the manual. Was wondering if you saved entire document as a PDF.
If so, could I ask you to send to me please.
Many thanks
I didn't. I suppose that would have been a better format. I know how to pdf a single page, just don't know how to do a book like that and turn it into a pdf.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:53 AM   #21
New to the RV World

Vintage RV Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Here is a link to the manual

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...als/pg_875.pdf

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GlennLever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:14 AM   #22

Hello everyone, I went out today in the rain and did some measuring. It is a single tread step. The step is 23 3/4 wide and 9" deep when fully extended from the front of the step to the rear were it's mounted to the coach it is 23 1/2 retracted it is 5 1/4 thick if that help's. I have a kwikee step manual break down with these measurements it could be any of these series step's 28,29,38,39 .So from what I under stand is it could be either #909501 or #909502 motor assembly then it comes to the linkage arm either a 7A or 7B very confusing.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #23

....just replaced the Kwikee step motor/gear box and control box on my 2003 DP. As far back as 2003, the step mechanisms work the same and the parts mount to the steps the same. Major differences are: 1-the arc/bend of the gear box connecting arm changed at least three times; and 2-the control box and the motor/gearbox have to be compatible.....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:29 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Steps

I have an 89 Winnie Chieftain with a Kwikee step. If yours is like mine, extend the step, and you will see that there are 4 nuts holding the entire assembly on. If you remove it, you may find that the mfg. sticker is on top of the assembly, but you will probably find that even if you find the model number, most vendors show that parts are no longer available.
I had the luxury of having the old motor as a start. I took it to Autozone, and was able to determine that it actually is the passenger door window motor from a 1986 Ford Taurus. I think that it cost me about $39. My concern for you is that you may not have the linkage that you need to complete it without your old parts.
I hope that this is some help. Good luck
knugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:55 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I would google MH junkyards in your area, take the basic size of your steps, and go buy the whole assembly off of a used MH. Then if they work, great, if not, get the parts that you will need to get them working!
Trying to find and fix what you have is going to be a nightmare! JMHO! That is exactly what I would do! Just Say'n! Rail!
Old 03-06-2018, 03:14 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by knugent View Post
I have an 89 Winnie Chieftain with a Kwikee step. If yours is like mine, extend the step, and you will see that there are 4 nuts holding the entire assembly on. If you remove it, you may find that the mfg. sticker is on top of the assembly, but you will probably find that even if you find the model number, most vendors show that parts are no longer available.
I had the luxury of having the old motor as a start. I took it to Autozone, and was able to determine that it actually is the passenger door window motor from a 1986 Ford Taurus. I think that it cost me about $39. My concern for you is that you may not have the linkage that you need to complete it without your old parts.
I hope that this is some help. Good luck
Well I have been searching the web and I the I found what I'm looking for I think the step's are either a 29 or 39 series so if I'm correct the motor assemble would be #909501000 with a ( b ) linkage setup.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:39 AM   #27

Ford Super Duty Owner
Heres a service manual for the Kwikee steps. It looks more extensive that the one GlennLever posted. It shows the drawings and measurements for all the steps (I didn't see a model 29)

http://1999southwind.com/DOWNLOAD/kwikee_svc_manual.pdf

Waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiter21 View Post
Heres a service manual for the Kwikee steps. It looks more extensive that the one GlennLever posted. It shows the drawings and measurements for all the steps (I didn't see a model 29)

http://1999southwind.com/DOWNLOAD/kwikee_svc_manual.pdf

Thank's for the manual the measurement's will make it a lot easier hopefully I will get these operating and keep my darling wife happy

Tags
electric, electric steps, steps