Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:41 PM   #1
Ever had a Cobra?

My wife and I just purchased a 29' 1993 Corsica by Cobra. It is my understanding that Cobra Industries folded in 1996. Has anyone ever owned a Cobra, or heard of them? I've yet to find any significant information.

Thank you.

TexasRVlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2016, 10:38 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
The name Cobra has been used my many RV companies over the years, I don't really understand the attraction of a poisonous reptile to a name for a thing I'd camp in, but to each his own.

NADA has a little bit of info:

1996 Corsica by Cobra Price, 1996 Corsica by Cobra Values & 1996 Corsica by Cobra Specs | NADAguides

You probably won't find a manual for it, but they often don't give much detail anyway. You will be better served by noting the name and model # of each item in your RV and spending time on Google searching for component owner's manuals. Most all RVs are made up of a limited pool of parts, so manuals are usually available.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
Tastes like chicken.
--2005 F350 Superduty Crewcab, 6.0, 4wd, short bed, 3.73 gears
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--SOLD 2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38'
ralphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:11 AM   #4
Cobra was best known, to me anyway, as a well built, but heavy coach. Though they generally used quality components, there's nothing else about them that really stood out.
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #5
Thank you, I noticed immediately that it is a very heavy coach. It sure gave my F150 a wake up call pulling it home through the Texas Hill Country. It seems to be constructed fairly well, it has held up pretty well for being 23 years old.
TexasRVlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #6
Cobra MH

Hi, I have a1990 29' Newport by Cobra with the 454 engine & 3 speed automatic. Bought it as a one owner 3 years ago, and slowly bringing it up to my standards. It is well built, and has all the creature comforts. As you mentioned, I could not find any information . Advice from a query on this forum led me to searching the web for information on all its components, I now have two binders of info: , one contains a chassis manual, and the second contains info on all the internal systems. A little time consuming to put together, but very helpful in doing maintenance. Part of the journey is learning about your new toy.
Its nice to know that I'm not the only Cobra owner out there.
Happy trails

DukeFan is offline   Reply With Quote