Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #1

Finished Entertainment System Install

I finally got my in dash DVD/ Navigation system installed (Kenwood DDX418) and put in a 19" LCD in the living area for the kids to watch on long trips. The in dash unit has FM, AM tuner, bluetooth for phone and audio playback, DVD, CD, MP3, iPod control and navigation. I'm so excited for our next trip. We are going to Disneyland in less than two week! Here is a link to some pics I took of the install and finished product: December 18, 2011 | Facebook

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Very nice install! Looks excellent.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #3

When I go to the link, all I see are picture placeholders, no pictures. I am a FB klutz; what am I doing wrong?
TitanicPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #4

I'm not sure I just followed the link and it took me to the FB page with the picture tile, but the pictures are displayed when I tried. I will check into it to see if I made an error while posting them.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:11 AM   #5

Very nice addition! Looking at the pics, I see several other upgrades as well! Valances look great, is there indirect lighting in them?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:18 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nice Job...How does the Nav system work for you...?
JFGOBUCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #7

Quote:
When I go to the link, all I see are picture placeholders, no pictures. I am a FB klutz; what am I doing wrong?
Are you a facebook member? I have a hunch you have to have a facebook account and logged in. Many companies block access to facebook from work systems.

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336muffin View Post
Very nice addition! Looking at the pics, I see several other upgrades as well! Valances look great, is there indirect lighting in them?
Thank you, I made the valances from crown moulding and the lighting that you see is the factory reading lights under the cabinet. I face them towards the blinds though so they act as indirect lighting.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGOBUCS View Post
Nice Job...How does the Nav system work for you...?
The nav seems very accurate so far, but I haven't gone on a long trip, yet. The user interface is very simple and you can even select a motorhome as your icon on the screen. I think the thing I like the best about having the nav in the stereo is that it automatically mutes the audio so you can easily here the directions. Only thing I found that I did not like was that while inputting the address for one of the campgrounds on our upcoming trip to southern California; was that the nav did not have the city of Gorman,CA or the campground listed. I had to use the nearest cross streets as a destination point. The other seven places that we have planned to go to were located with ease. Overall it's better than my phones navigation and far more current than my old stand alone nav unit.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave78Chief View Post
Are you a facebook member? I have a hunch you have to have a facebook account and logged in. Many companies block access to facebook from work systems.

Dave
The link that I posted is available to anyone, as I set it up as a public link. I also tried it from a computer at work and I was able to view the link. It may be a browser problem....? At least that's my WAQ.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #11

Appalachian Campers
Carolina Campers
I had no problems viewing it. Your additions look great, as my 3 year old GD says, NICE JOB!

Like the sofa, NEW?
Just Because is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
came in nice an clear. also made em bigger , very nice job. your seating is really nice too. have fun on your disney trip. happy holidays an a haqppy new year.

Outlaw
Old 12-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Because View Post
I had no problems viewing it. Your additions look great, as my 3 year old GD says, NICE JOB!

Like the sofa, NEW?
Yeah, we replaced all the furniture about 8 months ago. Got some quote to re-upholster and we found that it was cheaper to replace everything. Plus, we were able to get furniture that fit our needs better than what came in the motorhome originally. Also thank you for comments.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw45 View Post
came in nice an clear. also made em bigger , very nice job. your seating is really nice too. have fun on your disney trip. happy holidays an a haqppy new year.

Outlaw
Thank you for the verification on the pics, I thought that I may have forgot to allow public access to the link. And, we plan on having lots of fun on our trip. It will be the second 1000+ mile trip we've done since geting the motorhome about 18 months ago and the first time my 5 year old(her fifth b-day) and 18 month old have been to Disney Land. We're also visiting California Adventure, Universal Studios, San Deigo Zoo and Sea World. Should be an Action packed 8 days.

Tags
install