Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:41 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Bap, how about taking some diamond plate material, not too thick, and rolling it on a something round, to give you the curve you need, and put two strip's over the damage and up to where the roof joins, do both sides the same width,? Just a thought? Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #16
bap

HARLY, that metal is very thick, and the one on the entry side has a crease in it ..the old suction cup trick wont work on that,,,the other side looks worse in pic than it really is..

RAIL, i thought about somthing like that..., but after starring at it for awhile i think i can unscrew the whole top panel and make the repair that way,,,or just bondo it as is..
the worst part is it wasnt there when i bought it....lol

Old 10-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Suction cups the same as a toilet plunger? I have seen it work. Keep the Pic coming we like pic's. Have you ever tried a product called "Mold Armor E-Z House wash"? We used it on the old PA and it took it all off. You use it on the end of a garden hose. Worked Great.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #18
bap

never tried that,,,just a good ole scrub brush and a bleach an water mix,,,and keep hosing ot off,,,what doesnt come off will be sanded off anyway for painting...

but i will for sure look that up....thanks.,,,
Old 10-15-2014, 08:18 AM   #19
bap

toilet plunger works very good for dents on flat places,,,,but this has a bad crease in it...====a tree limb must have hit it on an old west virginia back road...on the way home....oooooops...lol..
Old 10-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
bap,
The old slide hammer with a screw attachment on the end will get most of the dent out, if it becomes too difficult to take the piece off. This will save a lot of bondo, you will just need a skim coat to smooth everything out . You can fill the hole with another screw and grind most of the head off so the skin coat of bondo will cover it. Just giving you more food for thought.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:54 PM   #21
bap

thanks again frank,,,,i just thoight About that ealier todaY,,,,

i was scaerd to death i woild half to rip into a perectly good interior,,

i can live with dents and scrathes on my jeep ut not on my tt.....lol
Old 10-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #22

Freightliner Owners Club
Yes I agree, one of the reasons that I hand wash and wax the 5er twice a year. I agree with you on not wanting to tear up the interior, it looked too good to mess with.
Looking at having the decals removed and painted, but with the expense of getting the truck repaired, maybe next year.
Frank
Old 10-16-2014, 10:42 PM   #23
bap

that sounds like a plan..
truck running good ?.....i am happy got it fixed and ur at ur spot arnt you...where you at now ?.......sorry im nosey like that....lol
Old 10-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #24

Freightliner Owners Club
thanks bap,
NP on the nosey, we are in Brooksville. Yes the truck seems to be running good, if something happens now, I will fix it myself, so I just don't throw parts at it until I find the problem like the dealer does, lol.
Frank
Old 10-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #25
bap

i know what ya mean,,,i usually work on all my stuff,,,i hate dealership,s ...
they know they ccan sell the vehicle once and then make even more money later on parts an labor...lol

im happy u got to your wintering grounds,,

i just got all my vintage tt,s in my newly constructed she/garage...the holiday barley fit had to let all the air out of tires on the traioler, and the only thing that could manuver it in there was a honda foreman 500 atv. and it just made it under,,,its way taller than i thought..lol..its over 9ft tall...but there all under roof and i can work on them anytime i want now....but i still need to build a 2 horse barn for our horses and then next week hit the beach for a few days,,,for some r&r...lol
Old 10-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bap I hope you don't have to work on the roof ! I bet its good to get them inside you don't have to worry about the weather.
93 Monaco Dynasty 300HP (for now)
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #27

Freightliner Owners Club
bap,
Glad you got it underroof, Enjoy the shores, it is supposed to be in the 80's for the next week and lows in the mid to upper 60's. perfect weather for me.
Mine wouldn't fit, it is just shy of 13' to the top of the satellite dish. Now get your horse shed built, then you can really enjoy the beach.
Frank
Old 10-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #28
bap

as for the roof im just going to reseal around vents and put a fresh coat of sealer on it, probably put new skylights in it they are old...lol..if i did have to work on the roof it would be very reasy with the hight of it in my garge/shed..

gonna start on a new winter barn for the horses today,,getting everything layed out and finish up monday...then hit the beach and come back and start work on the holiday, and then the rest of the winter rebuid the old tag a long,,,,i cant wait to find the vin on that one,,its by far the oldest one we have,,my guess is mid 50s ,,but everything in its shot except the ice box,2 burner stove and sink,,,,a real total restoration,,,probably glamped out but keeping the turquise sink,ice box and stove,,
thats gonna be the true test for the dw and myself....lol....we gonna have alot of work in yhat one,,,,,lol

Tags
holiday rambler