Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #43

Someone paid attention in shop class.. nice emoney. wish I had those skills. guess we know who will be in charge of music around the campfire!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #44

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Baby got a new pair of shoes!!! It might be too chilly around here to do any work, but it ain't too cold to spend money!

I'll get a shot this weekend of them actually installed on the MH, but I was a little nervous about opening the box. You never know when it's something that's the "cheapest", and in this case by a pretty good percentage. But, I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality. Seem to be a pretty sturdy simulator. You can tell I'm a child of the 60s & 70s as it's all about the rims, lol!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #45

your name aint emoney cuz it sounds pretty..haha...nice rims..u got the socks, now you need the shoes..
Old 03-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #46

Fleetwood Owners Club
You have done a lot to the old girl and she is looking really good. I can appreciate the difficult paint job of the inside. I dispise painting of any kind. Keep up the good work and keep posting your progress. I agree with the others that said you need to paint the outside a light color to reduce heat. The dark colors will turn her into an oven.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:34 AM   #47

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks John & Lazy for the comments. I've decided to accent with the blank, but leave the bulk of the color close to it's original Tan. I'll put a "mask" around the windshield and bring a little "swoop" out of the black into transition. However, all the gray that currently exists will be no more. Who puts gray & tan together anyway?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #48

Cant wait too see the new paint job!!,you doing it yourself emoney? make sure you get some pics or I might not believe you..haha
Old 03-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #49

Just keep in mind that any area you decide to paint black is going to generate temperatures outside of the original design range for the material and could result in the material failing.
micd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great work!

On the exterior, you might start with the cheapie fix to make it shine. Look at this site for what folks have done with red max pro. That would give you a season with it looking nicer and you can think through your final color scheme. Sites like these might be good for inspiration. http://www.xtremegraphics.net/previous.html
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #51

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks all, and y'up I'm planning to go the poli-glow route on the current tan, but the black has been painted on with a "rubberized" type paint by the PO, so that's gotta go (which won't be fun, ugh)

And now, for some chrome goodness;

I'm very pleased with my sale-priced-caps. Seem to be a snug fit, we'll see once she spends some road time;
Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #52

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, so i really want to get the "shopping" out of the way this weekend. I've got a few days in row off coming up and I want to have everything at home so I can finish during that time. What that means is I need to get the exterior settled. After all the good advice about heat worries, I decided to forgo the Navy Blue/Black theme on the exterior. Sadly....but it does make sense when you think about it, especially living in Florida. But even cleaned and Poli-glow'd, she still needs to shed that ugly black, and I really like the masking effect found on the nicer ones. That's led me to this;

Basically, that's leaving the majority of the paint intact. I will, of course, still do the floor wax treatment to get it shiny and all. But, by using the gray in place of the black, I accomplish both goals of getting rid of the black and still having a cool color scheme. The grill will, of course, be painted to match but I was being lazy in photoshop.

So, share with me what you think about this? As you can see, I want to re-stripe with my navy blue so I can at least get the color in there somewhere, lol!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #53

Where'd you get your sweet rims?
PeterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #54

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Peter, it was an Ebay seller but they have a website; RVWheel.com
They're out of California.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #55

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Finally a little progress on the old girl today;

I have a perfectly legitimate excuse though; I've been sick with the flu. But I'm back now! Today was "warm the motor & generator up, run the A/C" day so I figured I'd spend a little time on the back splash. Not finished, but close;

Waiting on SWMBO to see it and decide if there should be one more panel under and around the window by the sink. I've still got 2 extras, sooooo.
She's starting to come together though;

Oh, and since I'm getting tired of the battery draining down (the start battery that is) from it sitting, I picked up one of these today from Harbor Freight;

We'll see how it works I suppose. I had a walk around the roof while I was at it. Feels pretty solid I guess;

The PO in between me and the original owner had already gone to the effor or sprucing it up. That was nice of him. Until next time, as they say in the motorcycle community....Keep the shiny side up!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #56

Jumping in the boat

Hey I love the pictures you are posting! I am looking at buying the exact same model/setup. (Remodel will be needed)

Something a little non-remodel related what would you say the MPG is on the Highway with this RV?

Tags
southwind