Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #1

Does anyone know where I can find a replacment or salvaged front window cover for my '69 TT. I am redoing the trailer right now and it did not have a front window tilt out awning on it. Any help woudl be grat. I am in Michigan but could purchase it anywhere and have it shipped.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #2

Does anyone know where I can find a replacment or salvaged front window cover for my '69 TT. I am redoing the trailer right now and it did not have a front window tilt out awning on it. Any help woudl be grat. I am in Michigan but could purchase it anywhere and have it shipped.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:22 PM   #3

Say Clipper1, good to hear from you. I can't seem to remember if I've seen an awining around. Have you checked an any of the smaller / older trailer shops around? I'm lucky I've got a private owned shop not to far from me. I'll see if he has anything. What size are you looking for? Width and hieght. If he has any idea's I'll let you know.

Also, they look pretty easy to make. I've had mine apart alot.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
michcruiser60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #4

Did you ever find an awning yet? I've been working late for the past few days and can't get to the dealer that might be able to help find one. If you haven't found one yet, do you have the messurements of your window?

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 03-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #5

You might check the local classified ads or ask around to see if anyone salvages RVs. I found such a person locally who had an ad in the classifieds paper advertising used RV parts. I bought an awning for my back window to cover up it ugliness of it and also to stop it from leaking around the window frame due to direct rain hitting it (which has worked!) for $40. I asked him for the smallest one he had and it was off of a Keystone Hornet (the fiberglass has the logo/text on it; I plan to maybe paint it over since it's on a Shasta now).
Old 03-12-2007, 07:20 AM   #6

MichCruiser60

Sorry for the delay. I have not found a canopy for my front window yet. The window size is 73.5" x 17". Let me know if your connection has anything available.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 AM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by clipper1:
MichCruiser60

Sorry for the delay. I have not found a canopy for my front window yet. The window size is 73.5" x 17". Let me know if your connection has anything available. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure they'd have something to fit but I don't know exactly what they have. I went in looking for the smallest possible one. Last time I tried to call them I got no answer and went by and no one was there so maybe they went on vacation or something, or I just kept missing them. They still had a bunch of wrecked, partly dismantled RVs there so I know they didn't up and leave (they sell the parts out of their house pretty much).
Old 03-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #8

Clipper1, I'll stop by the RV shop in the next couple of days. He's closed now. I've got the measuements with me.

Cubey, I've spent a lot of time in the NE corner of Arkansas. Mom and Dad grow up in that area. Nice place. We've camped in Poplar Bluff last year. We realy like it down there.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 03-16-2007, 06:23 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michcruiser60:

Cubey, I've spent a lot of time in the NE corner of Arkansas. Mom and Dad grow up in that area. Nice place. We've camped in Poplar Bluff last year. We realy like it down there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Never been up that way at all. I'm in SW AR. The farthest NE in AR I've been is Little Rock. I've been up through Ft Smith (just passing through in about 94 or 94, forgot which) but that's NW.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:36 PM   #10

I struck out on finding a window cover. I was hoping this guy by me had one but no luck. I did come across this post in RV.NET. The person was asking about a ladder for their tt. Someone wrote back with a good long list of RV salvage yards. Here is the link that thread.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...331/page/1.cfm

Let us know if you find one.

1964 Ander-ett 16ft
Old 03-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #11

Have you tried any junk yards? I have one off an old camper that we dismantled. I am planning on attaching it to the rear window of the Class C. That big rear window sure does get a lot of hot sun thru it. Would have to replace the plastic in it. First I have to measure to see if it will fit and make sure my back-up camera works.

Have you checked with an awning place or one of those places that custom builds aluminum screen rooms (or any place that builds custom aluminum structure)? Our window cover is up in NC and we won't be up there until Easter weekend. I will look and see what is involved with building one (I know I looked at it once and told David it would be fairly easy to build).
Old 03-22-2007, 06:28 PM   #12

Atwood Mobile Products
www.atwoodmobile.com
23720 Reedy Drive
Elkhart, IN
574-264-4144

This is the phone number I keep turning up for Kemberly Inc. They make a fiberglass awning like what you are looking for. Found it in a 2004 Stag-Parkway catalog but can't find new ones.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to chilli oh
Wink I have a 1969 yankee clipper

I need some info on where this camper was made. Call me at 740-649-4744 jimmy pendleton.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 PM   #14

Belive the awning you are looking for is actually referredto as a rock guard. There is/was an RV salvage yard justacross the MI border from Elkhart, In and another on Interstate 44 about half way between St louis and springfield, MO. Sorry don.t have anymore info. maybe someone will chime in or can do an internet search