Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #29

Yep that's the same thing. Sounds like your batteries need charging. They didn't freeze by any chance? I have jump started mine once with my jeep wrangler.
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #30

No they didn't freeze, I live in south Florida and it is far from cold here! It has just been a month or so since i've started it, but I thought that if I left the RV plugged in, it would keep the batteries charged. I'm a newbie to rv's so I'm not totally sure how all the electronics work on this thing.
The Beavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #31

I've been reading about some switch that turns off the chasis battery? Does every rv have this? How do I find it?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #32

so as i said, i got my fuel tank in and had to charge my batteries in order to start my beav and see if the fuel tank repairs worked. what is happening is the new fuel pump that i installed in the tank doesn't seem to be working. it is not getting fuel to the carb. i can put gas in the carb and the engine will run all day long, but i would much rather the engine pull gas from the tank. anyone know where i might start to look for the fuel pump relay? or should i put an external inline fuel pump to take care of it? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #33

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm of no help as to the fuel pump, but I thought I'd add a "make sure your choke isn't stuck" comment because that can easily happen when sitting for a while. I'm assuming this is a 454 so if it isn't, ignore me. I only add this because it came up in mine as the mechanic says it's pretty common here in FL? A quick spray of lubricant freed it up and she fired right up afterwards.

As for the aux battery switch, I'd imagine that's what your "start boost" switch is. Obviously your chassis battery isn't tied into the charging system since you had it plugged in. Might want to verify the charging system is working while you're at it. I got lucky and found an online pdf P30 service manual. It's handy to have.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #34

On my 1990 Gm chassis my electric fuel pump switch is on the oil pressure line. Once the motor develops oil pressure the pump kicks on. My engine will run without it but you can't climb a hill very well or tromp on the pedal and expect it to take off like a rabbit. A side note for cleaning a fuel tank. I saw a guy one time attach a gas tank to the side of his farm tractor wheel/tire. He had it chained to the side and had gravel in the tank. As he drove around the property the gravel would bang around in the tank. I was a few hundred yards away but man did it make a lot of racket.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #35

Im wondering if 12 gals is enough gas for your pump to pick it's prime. You never said how big your tank is.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #36

Sorry, the tank is a 90 gallon
Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #37

Do you think it could be that there is not enough gas in the tank? Would I be out of gas and still have 12 gallons of gas in the tank?
Old 03-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #38

Is it a ford chassis or gm, If it is a gm it looks like you are parked facing down hill, several years of gm if the tank was 1/4 or lower it wouldnt start facing down hill. If it is a ford chassis there might be a second fuel pump on the frame, the first pump gets it out of the tank the forward pump supplies the pressure to feed the carb or fuel injection
grizzlyalf is offline   Reply With Quote