Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #15

Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarover View Post
Just as an update. I still have not heard from them....
I would just walk away and forget about them.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
I would just walk away and forget about them.
I think they may have done that for me... I still have not heard from them. In conversation with quite a few local RVer's I have learned that is is actually a lot more of the Norm than I would have originally thought.

Old 01-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #17

It will be claimed as abandoned after a set period of time, then it will become stock to be sold into some other unit.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
It will be claimed as abandoned after a set period of time, then it will become stock to be sold into some other unit.
Finally heard from them today!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried calling you about the furnace we have here, but it seems like the number is disconnected (423.xxx.xxx). (Keep in mind they have my cell number also, the other number just got switch due to a second new cell phone)

When will you be coming to get this furnace?

Thank you,

Casey Sullivan | Service Advisor | Camping World RV sales
6728 Ringgold Rd |Chattanooga , TN 37412 | Office: 423-892-0144 | Fax 866-999-1288
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To which I replied,

You mean the furnace that I was told would be ready the following Wednesday after I first dropped it off to be repaired?

The one that I told you I needed because I was going to be living out of the unit it went into during my work?

The one that when,it was not done, I was suddenly told it was going to cost another 70+ bucks to fix than I had been quoted, and would take another 4 days?

The One that I was told specifically that you had not started to work on it yet, to which I told you to just go ahead and send back the parts, then an hour later after buying another one that OH, "it's done but you can't see it or talk to the tech until the following monday…"

The one that you want as much for to "fix", that I can buy a brand new unit for, and get parts for from the company that originally made the unit which happens to be only 30 miles from us?

The one that after leaving your store on that saturday that I was so pissed that I started to do a little deeper research on your company and found a VERY large group of similar stories and outright lying to your other customer on other repairs?

That one?

__________________________________________________ ______________

Then got the response back,

Hello,

Yes I suppose that’s the one. I'm sorry for the obvious frustration and inconvenience.

I’ll remove your workorder, so you shouldn’t receive any further contact about it.

Thank you,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Personally, if I was told $400 bucks up front, I wouldnt have given it to them. But you did. While a little behind on the time, they were only $70 over the original estimate that you agreed too. Everything else that followed was your fault.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #20

Florida Cooters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I dunno about this one. I'm sure I'm in the "unpopular camp", but I'd have to make my decision predicated on what I agreed to and that's that. While I agree that being $72.00 over is not your fault, I don't agree with the fact that you happened to find one used while they had yours in for repair. Had you not found that one and it worked, what would've been the "next step"? I guess I'm old fashioned, but my word is sacred and if I say something, it's not negotiable regardless of the situation. Someone "always" pays in a situation like this and normally it's all of us. I'm really not trying to flame on you, OP, but it just doesn't sit right with me the "leave it there and stick it to 'em" responses. Just my worthless 2 cents.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoney View Post
... I guess I'm old fashioned, but my word is sacred and if I say something, it's not negotiable regardless of the situation. ...
I agree with this, but let's turn it around and look at all the promises the store made and then broke. Who's word should not be negotiable in this situation?

If this were applied to the store, they would give the OP the repaired furnace for free because they did not meet the original estimated repair time, didn't give the OP a straight answer concerning status of the repair, etc...

IMHO if the OP didn't refuse to pay it gives the store license to mess up with other people's repairs and profit while doing nothing about their broken promises. In the end the store did the right thing by dropping the matter.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
There are always 2 sides, and in this case I feel like there is alot missing to the story we were given...

Tags
furnace