Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedmundson View Post
It did but it was the first thing I took out so I could drive it. The Pace was basically given to me by a woman who's husband had passed away. It had major water damage and would not start. Look at the link for the pictures. This is my first RV and I have been trying to learn all about the systems that are on board. So far I have gotten everything working again except a new thermocouple for the oven and the rear AC.
For the oven, sometimes you can clean the T/C with a small wire brush.
Does the rear A/C turn on at all?
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #16

I will try cleaning it. The pilot light works but the oven will not fire up. The rear AC comes on just no cold air. The front one blows cold. No AC on the dash, not the best for Texas.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
I will try cleaning it. The pilot light works but the oven will not fire up. The rear AC comes on just no cold air. The front one blows cold. No AC on the dash, not the best for Texas.
The rear A/C may just need a start up capacitor. The dash A/C could have a leak and all of the freon is gone. When you try the dash ac does the compressor come engage? Is the belt still on? Sometimes the compressors siege and the comp. is bypassed. When they do that the genny is used with the front roof A/C while on the road.
J
Old 10-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #18

You are being a great help, thank. I could not find a compressor on the engine nor could I find any evidence of it. Could this model have been produced without a dash AC? I will check the start capacitor. We are having a great time with this thing, but then again I love fixing up anything that is old and runs on some kind of fuel. Most of the pictures show the work that was done in the month after we go the Pace. We spent one month getting her fixed up and then drove to the race at Talladega and back to Texas. Now that the heat of summer is over I am making my second push at more fixes and renovations.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
You are being a great help, thank. I could not find a compressor on the engine nor could I find any evidence of it. Could this model have been produced without a dash AC? I will check the start capacitor. We are having a great time with this thing, but then again I love fixing up anything that is old and runs on some kind of fuel. Most of the pictures show the work that was done in the month after we go the Pace. We spent one month getting her fixed up and then drove to the race at Talladega and back to Texas. Now that the heat of summer is over I am making my second push at more fixes and renovations.
I have never seen one without the dash A/C, but I have seen plenty with the comp. bypassed. It was OG on the upper driver side of the engine. You be able to find hoses that should have been left behind. If they shut the valves of prior to removal you will still have a charge. Then all you have to do is find a new comp. and belt. If you ever come west PM me, I have a roof a/c and comp. for that coach. in 2006 I bought a Pace and parted it out.
J
Old 10-07-2011, 07:41 AM   #20

I'll check after work today, since that is when I start working on the thing again. Did I mention that my other project of love is my 1984 Goldwing Aspencade. Now I just need to work on getting a trailer so I can pull one behind the other.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-06-14 at 11.57.30 AM.png
Views:	104
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	14523  
Old 10-07-2011, 09:00 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Dash AC Compressor

Its not a good photo but close. These are the valves Goldwinger2 was talking about.

This is the 454 in my 84 winnebago. Since I'm stripping it and I'm going to scrap the rest if your interested I'll make you a deal on this compressor. It turns freely but I know nothing else about it. If anything else its worth core value. I also have all the hoses, condenser etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo0156.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	311.2 KB
ID:	14526  
Old 10-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #22

Mine does not have the compressor on it. I do not know if it ever did, but you would think it should have had one. I need to get the three new fan belts for my engine. Do you know what the lengths are suppose to be. I have pieced and fit some that kinda work. It was my only breakdown so far and all I had was a Autozone in Alabama to keep trying size until I got it to work good enough to make it back to Houston. I need to get some higher quality belts.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #23

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Mine does not have the compressor on it. I do not know if it ever did, but you would think it should have had one. I need to get the three new fan belts for my engine. Do you know what the lengths are suppose to be. I have pieced and fit some that kinda work. It was my only breakdown so far and all I had was a Autozone in Alabama to keep trying size until I got it to work good enough to make it back to Houston. I need to get some higher quality belts.
Looking at your dash I can tell that you did have the dash air setup. The hoses and all should stiil be in the engine compartment. Nice Wing, I see you have a lot of the dress up items. Mine is the Interstate. I took off all of the touring items except for the fairing and put on leather bags. It's so light and quick now. I kept all of the Interstate parts and it's ez to change back.
J
Old 10-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Can you post a close up photo of your dash heater/ac controls. If it shows AC then it was equipped.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #25

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragingbull View Post
Can you post a close up photo of your dash heater/ac controls. If it shows AC then it was equipped.
The pics are in a link on his sig.
J
Old 10-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Yep see them now. Thanks Goldwinger2!
Old 10-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #27

if you get the parts for front ac i can get you R-12A locally here for $13 a can im down there to tiki island all the time
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, tank