Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave78Chief View Post
Operators manual, Parts page 24, Ietm 40 (mounted to left oustide wall of that compartment you are working in.

Most likely embedded in the wire somewhere between pin 14 and R1. May have shrink sleeving over it.

Please note that a generator winding only produces AC therefore the CR1 circuit is actually an AC not DC circuit formed as follows (page 39 schematic):
Charge winding center point to wire 55, to R2 to Wire 56A to CR1 pin 14 to CR1 coil to CR1 Pin 13 to wire 66 and back to charge winding. Charge winding is the AC voltage source (like a battery in a DC circuit). When the generator spins up (motor running) an AC voltage is produced by the charge winding which is used to energize the CR1 relay. A very simple 3 component (RH charge winding, R2, CR1) AC circuit.

Before you ask, both Battery Charge Windings are also connected to the diodes in the BCR. The BCR diodes convert the AC voltage to a DC voltage used to charge the battery however that is not used to energize the CR1 relay.

Ref page 39: Indicates voltage from CM is getting to fuel pump over wire 14 when switch is depressed and when released the voltage from CR1 pin 7 (wire 14) is not being applied to the fuel pump.

At work lunch break - meeting - later
Dave
tried to respond late yesterday, but in the middle of my text the screen started to flash white and the computer quit, spent a few hours and found I had a malicious trojan virus and finally got rid of it, then this site was down for maintenence, and then the kitchen sink backed up and I could not find my pipe snake until this morning, went out to take pictures of the control box and it started to rain again, think I will watch tv for a while pawn star reruns are on, did I ever mention that I melted the new sink in the RV bath with a spilled can of acetone.........

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:16 AM   #44

LOL - It has definitely been a too wet year! Has gotten in the way of me working on the wifes van also. If it it is not one thing, it's another. Hang in there.

BTW - #40 is the R1 resistor

Dave

Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #45

Quote:
Operators manual, Parts page 24, Ietm 40 (mounted to left oustide wall of that compartment you are working in.

Most likely embedded in the wire somewhere between pin 14 and R1. May have shrink sleeving over it.

Please note that a generator winding only produces AC therefore the CR1 circuit is actually an AC not DC circuit formed as follows (page 39 schematic):
Charge winding center point to wire 55, to R2 to Wire 56A to CR1 pin 14 to CR1 coil to CR1 Pin 13 to wire 66 and back to charge winding. Charge winding is the AC voltage source (like a battery in a DC circuit). When the generator spins up (motor running) an AC voltage is produced by the charge winding which is used to energize the CR1 relay. A very simple 3 component (RH charge winding, R2, CR1) AC circuit.

Before you ask, both Battery Charge Windings are also connected to the diodes in the BCR. The BCR diodes convert the AC voltage to a DC voltage used to charge the battery however that is not used to energize the CR1 relay.

Ref page 39: Indicates voltage from CM is getting to fuel pump over wire 14 when switch is depressed and when released the voltage from CR1 pin 7 (wire 14) is not being applied to the fuel pump.

At work lunch break - meeting - later
Dave
This picture of the blue wire with what appears to be shrink wrap on it shows wire #55 that attaches to pin 14 on the CR1 is that a resister? could that be preventing electric from going to wire #14
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	genset box and engine pictures 005.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	39859  
Old 05-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #46

Yes that is possible. Wire 55 goes from CR1 Pin14 to R1 (with R2 embedded in the middle). The way you check it:
As I stated before, based on the parts page, R1 is mounted to the right hand side of that box (on outside of box as shown in parts view above). One end of R1 has 2 wires attached to it (thats the end you want) so,
you pull the connector off of CR1 pin 14, then measure continuity between one end of the disconnected wire to the 2 wire connection at R1. Should read 47 ohms (value of R2).

Dave
Classic Winnebago Site: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #47

Quote:
Yes that is possible. Wire 55 goes from CR1 Pin14 to R1 (with R2 embedded in the middle). The way you check it:
As I stated before, based on the parts page, R1 is mounted to the right hand side of that box (on outside of box as shown in parts view above). One end of R1 has 2 wires attached to it (thats the end you want) so,
you pull the connector off of CR1 pin 14, then measure continuity between one end of the disconnected wire to the 2 wire connection at R1. Should read 47 ohms (value of R2).

Dave
Dave, I'll get back to this issue once I have the engine issue sorted out.