Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #1

Glad to be an IRV2er!!:)

Here is a classic example why it is so useful to be a member on such a forum.
I had recently purchased a 1977 dodge sportscoach, with which I plan to use parts for my 1948 Spartan( I know, i have my work cut out!!)
Long story short, I needed the exterior specs in order to move the sportscoach. Not thinking to find a manual online, I start a thread on this site and BAMM, within 20 min I had a response.
Thanks to all out there who is helping me on this quest. Sleeping beauty and I really appreciates it!!

I purchased this Dodge for dirt cheap and plan on transfering as much as I can to Sleeping Beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spartan journey home 070.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	9250  
Attached Images

made2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You are definitely undertaking a huge project, but I can relate to the feeling of accomplishment that you will have when you are done with this labor of love.
Just curious, what type of parts will you be transferring to the Spartan?
Is the Dodge interior in good shape?

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanabee FTer View Post
You are definitely undertaking a huge project, but I can relate to the feeling of accomplishment that you will have when you are done with this labor of love.
Just curious, what type of parts will you be transferring to the Spartan?
Is the Dodge interior in good shape?
I will not be using the dodge interior. i saved all of the original spartan interior (i believe it is birch) and will be placing that back. I know some parts from the dodge might not fit, ie: sewer tank , however i plan on using the furnace, shower unit, hot water heater, water pump, breaker box, roof a/c. lighting, etc, etc. the dodge interior is in relatively good shape and hopefully these parts are fully functional. I am really excited to fire up the generator and know that attempting to fit that to the spartan will be a real challenge.
fun, fun , fun!!
made2care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:46 PM   #4

Vintage RV Owners Club
Yer going to need a medium duty wrecker to tow that motorhome.
'06 Heartland Bighorn 3400RL Fifth wheel
Follow along with me in the The Journey of
RedneckExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #5

towing

don't know how far you are moving this coach we pulled a thirty foot south wind about forty five miles on a tow bar using a one ton dodge diesel and had someone follow us with flashers on. but it depends where you are we are in Arkansas they are pretty liberal here as long as it appears safe

gook luck
pwf16129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by made2care View Post
..Thanks to all out there who is helping me on this quest. Sleeping beauty and I really appreciates it!!

That's what we're here for. Our members are a wealth off information - I doubt there's anything out there someone doesn't know about.

And, thank YOU for documenting your project here. We love it when a member takes on something like this & brings a piece of history back to life. Keep the pics comin'.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote