Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:03 AM   #183

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Thanks Lynne for doing all of this work.

We will have to travel quite a ways no matter which park is selected. A few miles farther will not make a difference to us. We will not be able to stay for the full duration due to a previous commitment.

Our answer is all of them are good but the best one is the one that will ensure we are all able to camp together.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #184

I made it here and my coffee was terrific! The meet and greet sounds wonderful, but it is in mid August which is when our children start school here. I am the primary care giver for my grand daughter, so for us it will have to be a no go. Kahlan's mother works the night shift so finding just a day care provider would not work for us. So maybe another trip later will work for us. Art is talking about another long trip for us next year. Hes talking New Mexico. I really want to do that.

Well, going to bop on out of here, so glad I found you all.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:46 PM   #185

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
ro_sie,

Glad you found this. We will do this again in the future. Not everyone can make it this time and not everyone will make it next time. Maybe one in the future.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:35 PM   #186

New Mexico is pretty epically up in red river....best friends are managing river ranch rv park there it has a nice stocked pond cabins and a few apartment type accommodations. ...plus I want to say about a hundred rv slots....planning enough ahead of time could probably get everyone together the red river actually runs through the park....

So when there is another meet and greet I could see if they could get us all together but I think you can only make reservations a year in advance

Mk
Old 08-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #187

Eye surgery check up report

Friday I took Bill.DH for his eye check up. It went very well. The DR. had a huge smile on his face and declared that he was very pleased with what he saw. Thanks for all the prayers and concern. Next check up is in three weeks. The last checkup he will get his RX for glasses.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:22 AM   #188

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Still waiting for some to vote on which choice of CG they want. I am also locating a different CG in Kentucky because the one I picked does not have a lake or pool.

Will post that info when I have it. Those who have not voted please do so.

Have a great day all. Lynne
Old 08-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #189

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning,

Still waiting for some to vote on which choice of CG they want. I am also locating a different CG in Kentucky because the one I picked does not have a lake or pool.

Will post that info when I have it. Those who have not voted please do so.

Have a great day all. Lynne
As long as there are cabins it doesn't really matter to us we will most likely just fly then rent a car it will save us a bunch of days on travel and we most likely not going to have a Class A by then:( I keep looking but the wife puts me in place and I say ok. She simply says Dave Ramsey wouldn't endorse that decision.....
Old 08-25-2016, 07:41 AM   #190
bap

what cg are you looking at in ky ??---I looked back through the posts and don't see it..
since I live here I might be able to give an honest heads up on it..

thanks for thinking of us

....jeff
Old 08-25-2016, 06:38 PM   #191

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon, You are welcome.

Jeff, The Cave Country RV CG At Cave City. They do not have a pool or lake so I am also looking at Pinecrest RV Park & Cabins in Russell. They both have a cabin for octefan and family but this one has a lake and pool. Prices are comparable. Both have stated they will keep us all together.

Waiting to hear from them now. Said they would get back to me this weekend. We do want cabins as well as the RV park. State park would not work with me at all. Want a lake or at least a pool but would prefer the lake for kayaking and boating and swimming. Some will be riding their bikes.

If you can PM me an E-mail address that is how I have been sending out the information. Trying to keep some stuff just between the people going.

Let me know at least by PM what your choice is. Lynne
Old 08-25-2016, 11:13 PM   #192

Winnebago Owners Club
Looked at the Pinecrest website. The park looks fine.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:12 AM   #193
bap

i have never been to either of the 2,,,--have you looked at carter cave,s state park,,they have cabins, lake, and some full hook ups--,,I'm getting ready to hit the road now for our weekly trip to Louisville but can get the email address for ya if you want in the morning..

is the one in russel a new cg,,,

jeff
Old 08-26-2016, 08:32 AM   #194

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Carter Caves looks interesting. Seems to be lots to do. I tried a search for sites and for next August there are 5 sites that list a length of 60'. Only one lists full hookup.

Not sure but the web site does not seem realistic. There should be more sites than 1 will full hookups.

Duhhh - read the website again. It says these are the only ones with website availability. We probably will have to do a direct contact reservation if they will do it.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:37 AM   #195
bap

i know I have seen more than 1 with full hook up at carter caves,,i can run over thre and find out easy enough its only a couple minutes away from me,,if anyone wants me to,,

LYNNE ,,I will find out more and send you a pm on it...---I haven't used an email in yeaars,,lol--plum forget my password even,,lol
Old 08-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #196

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bap,

If you want to check it out go ahead but over phone I wasn't getting much help from them. Couldn't promise they would get us together so just dropped the idea due to that.

Most want full hook up so we need at least 10 or more. I just want us all to get together and spend some time together.

Go check it out and let me know. If you want to vote in PM that is fine too.

Lynne