Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:33 AM   #225

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
We stayed at one other park in Elizabethtown. It is small, but it does have a pool and it has a cabin. It is called Elizabethtown Crossroads Campground. I don't remember much about this one good or bad. It is within an hour or so of Louisville and it is right off of I65.
Frank

Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #226

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sounds good too me.
I must say that there are lots of Mh that stay all summer there.
Kentucky sounds good I have always wanted to try some Moonshine...
Tim,
just read this "Several camping clubs camp here during "select week-ends" throughout the camping season March to November"

Okay We are withdrawing our reservations. I called Hinckley and there are 100 plus sites available for said dates.
Thanks,
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:01 AM   #227

Winnebago Owners Club
Got a reply from Kentucky tourism and forwarded it to Lynne. They recommended a campground called Dale Hollow. Looks pretty good. Rates are reasonable ($30.00 full hook up during week, $33.00 weekends, cabins $46.00/$58.00) but the sites seem to all be rated as a 41'. Maybe they know something the website did because I specifically asked for some of us to be at 65.

While I agree with Tim that we would like to try Kentucky the important part is for us to be able to park in proximity to each other. I am still open to any place that will enable us to do so.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:49 PM   #228

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Meet & Greet,

Called ElizabethTown CG today and was told they are a very small CG and not sure they could accommodate us. Looked like a nice place too. Tried Cincinnati South G and really had hopes for this one but reviews said 2 trains come through every hour and it was impossible to sleep.

Called Ashland/Huntington West KOA and they felt pretty sure they could accommodate us. They plan to have the manager call me back Sat morn since Kevin felt pretty sure with between 10 to 15 rigs / cabin, and staying around 7 days they would cut us a deal to stay there. Check out the website.

50 amp $45.76 incl tax
30 amp $43.62 incl tax all pull thru, wifi, cable
cabin $85 to & $95

I will keep looking, the right one is out there.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:04 PM   #229

Winnebago Owners Club
Hi Lynne;
I checked out the Ashland website. They seem to have everything we desire and from the site map it looks like they could get us all together with appropriate power as required.

I feel you have done excellent work and that the final selection is getting close.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #230

Lynne,
Here is another park that is close to Lexington , it is a few miles off of I64 4Guys RV Park They have a new pool and new sites, along with cabins, might be worth a call.
Found it on Woodall's, that's all I know about it.
Frank
Old 09-07-2016, 02:39 PM   #231

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello,

Called Dale Hallow Lake State Resort Park. Please go to website and look. They have cabins and full hook up as well as W/E only sites. Could not get a price as their line was not answering but am assuming Gordon's info above is correct.

They are located in South Central Kentucky right along the Tennessee border. Lake is 3 miles away, swimming pool and the park is large according to Bill who I talked with but was not reservations so could not give me the price. Burkesville, Kentucky.

Will get more info as soon as I can get through to the other office. Lynne
Old 09-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #232

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Alright!

Talked with Kevin (owner of Ashland/Huntington West KOA) and he said they could accommodate us and get us as close together as possible.

All sites are full hook ups, WIFI, Cable
Fire wood $5. a bundle
Fishing pond on site.
Can accommodate 60 ft rigs and tow vehicles.
Most cabins come with linens and sheets.
Pool, Mini golf, kayaking river near by. 3000 acre motorcycle area with 300 miles of trails but not sure if that is for dirt bikes or not.
Large lake with in 20 miles of CG.

Will give us 10% off. Can start taking reservations right now to guarantee we are together. We can call them direct to reserve a site. I would fax them our list and they would have the info as we call in. I can limit info on this list if anyone wants that.

Will keep looking, but with this and Dale Hollow State Park I think these two choices are worth looking at.

Lynne
Old 09-07-2016, 05:07 PM   #233

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening,

Sent an E-mail to 4Guys RV park to see if they can accommodate us. Terry, they have a 100 foot RV site that would fit you very nicely. Looks like with cabin #1 and the sites closest to it we could all be together. River, pool, fishing pond, lot's to see around there.

Frank, thanks for the suggestion. Will let you all know what the response is and costs. It's a new place. One funny things is they use surveilance and if you go there you agree to them taking pictures of you and your rig and they have free rein to use it for advertisement. It is on their home page.

Will let you know. Lynne
Old 09-07-2016, 05:47 PM   #234

Winnebago Owners Club
Locations are looking up.

KOA - if we could get KK 2 or 3 and sites 19 - 23 for 30 amp and 13 - 17 for 50 amp we would be really close.

4Guys - looks like they have yet to plant trees and the campsites are nice and open so it we could get a block from 32 - 43 we would be very close as well.

The block sizes can be changed slightly depending upon how many will actually be able to make it and commit/reserve early.

Janet booked a convention a year ago so we will have to leave early so she can make it.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:45 AM   #235

After all the work that you are doing on this, its the least that we can do. My suggestion on the 3 is to ask Bap which one that he will go. Once 4 Guys gets back to you, and they can accommodate us, then we can pick which one will get us the most people.
Frank
Old 09-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #236

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
All of the Kentucky State Parks look very nice to me, and have everything we all want, but the sewer hook up, and they have some very nice ones close to Bap, they all have the big trees that we will want in August for shade! I, for one, do not mind going to a dump station, as we can go for 4/5 days or longer. There are not many private CG's very close to Bap for some reason? Or maybe I just could not find them? I still will go with the flow, and it is all about being close to easy other, and getting Bap there! Rail!
Old 09-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #237

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Good Morning Meet & Greet,

Sorry it has taken so long to get this all together but I have just sent out an E-mail with the 4 choices of CG's for the August 2017 get together.

The locations are a bit varied, each has something around it to go visit or see, and there are varying prices. Each has a cabin or park model or RV rental available.

I think I have looked at around 15 different CG's so if anyone has something they want added to the list please let me know.

Hope these work for everyone. Lynne

BAP, I need to figure out how to get this list to you since I don't have an E-mail for you.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:12 PM   #238

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Meet & Greet,

E-mail went out with some other choices. Please read through and let me know what you think. There is still the Ashlund/huntington West Koa as a choice also. Look through the choices and let's decide which one we want to camp at. After that is decided, I will send in our list of rigs so they can make sure to get us close together.

Lynne