Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:58 PM   #533

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Thanks everyone, Yup the old dog moves kinda slow, he knows somethings up and he don't like it. He's staying home with my son.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #534

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
OK - there are some of us moving and some preparing to travel to the M&G. Everyone take special care to arrive safely. We are looking forward to seeing all of you.

Tim - no problem with the water heater. I still have the sawzall and the batteries are charged! LOL
I have a jig saw, big hammer and lots of metal chisels. Some heavy duty ratchet straps and a pop rivet gun. We got this covered.

Charlie72704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #535

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, Terry, She is looking Sweet!

Well Mona and Bailey made it to the CG here at Clinton Lake, Clinton, Il. Dang, I can't even feel That little PT Crusier back there! Mona has a rear color camera, and I can keep a eye on her that way!
The new tow bar from Demco sure works good!
Got both of them washed up today, but they both need a good buffing, and I packed the buffers, so I will try to get them done at the M&G, I guess!
Well off to bed, it was a long day!
Rail!
Old 08-11-2017, 10:29 PM   #536

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening took off awhile and went to a car show man it was packed. Got home in time to mow the front yard. The steering went out on my Cub Cadet. Glad the new house comes with a John Deere
Got 26 ears of corn on ice in the cooler,
I'll take you up on the offer Lloyd,
now Gordon the saw is scary...
I was planning on taking 94 to Chicago then pick up 65 S too 64 east. But looking at map maybe 35 S to 80 east to 65 south too 64 east would be the way too go.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:07 AM   #537
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Tim, I travel the direction you're going quite often. Just a suggestion to avoid the 80 turnpike but still use interstate......catch I-74 East to Peoria......80 East becomes 74 East, 80 East splits off to Chicago. Don't worry about going around Peoria, roll straight through, it flows well. After that, you can either stay on 74 East to Indianapolis (take the bypass to I-65 South there). 65 South will lead you to I-64 East to Lexington and beyond. You catch 64 East at Louisville which I don't like at all. It's tricky getting on 64 there.
Actually, a safer way I would prefer would be to catch I-57 South at Champaign Illinois (from 74 East), and catch I-64 East at Mount Vernon Illinois and go from there. You still go through Louisville, but it's a straight shot instead of crazy lane dodging needed to get on 64 East from 65 South.
I hope this is of help. Travel safely.

Regards,
W.D.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:09 AM   #538

Terry, great to see them hitched up!!!!!

Safe travels all!

Today the girls are going shopping, Gordon and I are going to mess with Ms Prissy's power management system and see if we can get the auto start function working. I've not attempted that.

Also got to hook Rubi up (bikes and Kayaks are loaded) and probably a great idea to pack some clothes.

Safe travels all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:32 AM   #539

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning M&G,

This is the 3rd time I have tried to type this and it keeps throwing it out.

Looks like everyone is out on the road or heading there. We leave at 1pm today and will be stopping at the Walmart in Marion, OH. According to RVParky they allow overnight parking.

Trip all planned out and maps printed. GPS going along too. We have traveled but never regularly enough on one route to know them well.

It's a bit overcast today but I don't mind that will traveling. Sometimes keeps other people off the road and that is all good.

Ron, How did Emmett come into your life? Tale for a campfire night.

Got three pies sitting on the counter right now. Two rhubarb and one apple. Kind of ran out of time for other making. I like mine a bit tart so they need ice cream for anyone who likes it sweet.

Keep safe on the road. See you soon. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #540

Gulf Streamers Club
Made it to Carter Caves. Site 50 for tonight. Then on to 78 tomorrow. Just a heads up, the last five miles off the interstate are slow with 25mph switchbacks numerous. Not a problem but I would prefer to be alert and at ease. Nothing that a big rig cannot handle, just slow and steady. Pretty park, lots of people. Expect it will be calm during the week. Time for me and Emmett to go for a walk and check out my site 78. Let me know if I can help with anyone coming in. You can PM me for my cell is you do not have it.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #541

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club

okay
still sitting in driveway.

The carb decided to spring a leak this morning. many obstacles. Maybe a few more hours. We still have to fill the tanks another 1/2 hour.
Maybe we'll make in time to turn around and head home.....
Tim
Old 08-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #542

Gulf Streamers Club
Hang in there buddy. If y'all can make it home from Yuma y'all can make it to Kentucky.

ronspradley
Old 08-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #543

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening

We pulled out of Sam's around 6:30
Ran 65mph into Iowa 3rd or 4th rest stop for the night. The beast ran flawlessly. Had Arbys pancetta Hoagies Pretty good.

rail happy to hear monia and toad are running flawlessly. I forgot my buffer
Lloyd was that a aerial with the drone ?
Going your way WD,(Electra225). by the way leaving the car show last night I pulled up next too a mint 70 Buick 225 convertible(stop light) Man was that nice. A deep reddish brown.: thumb:

Ron, good one about the trip from Hell Yuma yes we will make it
We have been in touch from some of the gang from Yuma last winter. 110 this week .currently lower 60ties to upper 50ties. down here in Iowa.

Those on the road be safe,

Tim
Old 08-13-2017, 12:03 AM   #544
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Glad to hear ya got er goin' Tim. Where are you in Iowa now? Are you pulling a trailer did you say? I was leaving Clear Lake about 11:30, getting on 35 South to head to my exit South of town, I saw a rig go by as I entered the interstate, maybe it was you? I didn't catch the rig to know if it was a Pace Arrow.

Yeah, bet that Electra was sweet. The family car for my dad was always a 225, the Park Avenue was the last one we had. We had a '69, which was like the '70 you saw, but all were hard tops after the '62. Remind me to tell you about my uncle's '69 Riviera on the Goodmorning thread.

BTW, we just had our annual car show/cruise at the lake last week. It culminates at the city park by the lake, cars all way 'round with classic live rock n roll in the big bandshell. You'll have to check it out next year.
PLEASE drive safely everyone, wish we could be there too! Those who are now at CC, glad you made it safe and sound.

Regards,
W.D.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:31 AM   #545

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Can't wait to hear about the 69 Riviera, got any Pictures. Nope no toad no trailer, I did borrow the neighbor's basket type thing that goes on the receiver and my bike rack. We kind of look like the Beverly hillbilly's... LOL I would love to find a late model supercharged Park Ave in pearl/White Diamond.
This has nothing too do with a Buick, but I found a 1995 Mec Marada (sp) triple tuxedo black leather bucket seats and it has only 9900 miles on it. That would be nice.
Well 5:30 and no coffee, either I need to start the genie () or use the stove to perk some.
Joes still sleeping or I would be on the road... We are about 80 miles north of DesMoines Ia. I'm going to take your advise and take your suggested route. We didn't bring the printer so I will write your directions down.
Thanks,
Tim
we are about 80 miles north of DE Moines @ a rest area a really nice one.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:40 AM   #546

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. 64 here this am. Quiet night, did not have A/C running so could hear campground noises but was quiet not long after 10pm. Time to get out and walk the dog. People are already starting to break camp here.

Looking for a laundry but have not found one yet. This place is remote. Nearest shopping is Huntington, WV east or Morehead, KY west. Both on I-64. Each about an hour drive. This morning I am driving to Olive Hill for fuel for the car and will see if they have laundry. I do not think so.

Y'all be safe out there. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

ronspradley