Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-02-2018, 04:50 AM   #1275

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Tim, so sorry you can't make it!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2018, 05:43 AM   #1276

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
X-2 Tim! ^^^^^^^^^^^ So sorry! Rail!

Sent from my E5803 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 07-02-2018, 06:18 AM   #1277

Nooooooooo!!! Tim and Joe your going to be very much missed!

L.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:23 AM   #1278

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Our site is available, we have canceled out'

Tim & Joe, sending our best well wishes to you. Sorry you will not make it.

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:25 PM   #1279

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim - not very pleased that you and Joe will not make it. Hope things sort themselves out.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:23 AM   #1280

Gulf Streamers Club
Still trying to make the prep for the trip to Cluster. Very tentative plans are for Lubbock Aug 4th to visit with Rebacca's cousin. Then Santa Fe NM, Colorado Springs CO, Fort Collins CO, then on to Cluster. Very flexible plans at this time, have not made reservations anywhere.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:00 AM   #1281

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ron,

If you see any pamphlets in Santa Fe, please pick them up and bring to M&G. Been thinking about visiting NM and would appreciate anything you can pick up. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Miss May is still at the dealership, they are awaiting some info from Ford about hot to get access to the locked vent flapper. Or, they are working on other vehicles and letting ours sit. Either way, will need it soon to get packing and ready for the trip.

They have asked me for more days to watch the dementia lady. Going to do it. Fuel fund is doing so well think I might start a kayak fund now.

Finally got another chance to ride the RAD bike and the more I ride this bike the more I Love it! This makes riding so much easier but it is still a workout. Takes the pressure off the knees and back and makes doing hills so much easier. Glad you bought your Ron because I may never have known about them.

Rail is on his way with Jira and we are very close now. Everyone take it easy on the roads and have a good trop. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:23 AM   #1282

Lynne, New Mexico is great. Lots to see and do.

Hope they get Ms May back to you soon.

If we get Ms Prissy back today, we will drive the 258 miles home. That is 1 day later than the plan. Gives me 7 days to prep for the trip west and catchup on the house chores. The monkey wrench in the plan is the genny problem. Being unknown as it is right now has me worrying. If I cannot fix myself very short timeline to get a repair service engaged, they are all so backed up.

L.
Old 07-25-2018, 10:20 AM   #1283

Winnebago Owners Club
We are leaving August 10 with arrival in Cody on the 11.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:14 AM   #1284

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello M&G,

Those of you planning to do the "Caravan Trip" together after M&G, do you have a timeframe that you plan to travel? Are there any specific plans or are you planning to set then at M&G?

Just trying to figure out what we are going to do afterwards. How much time we need to plan on someone mowing here and checking on house.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:17 AM   #1285

Gulf Streamers Club
I am up for a caravan after M&G. Do not have specific plans. Open to something old or something new.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:02 AM   #1286

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We are planning on going to Teddy Roosevelt national park, then yellowstone, etc. Rita has a bunch of places she wants to go to. We are leaving Custer on Sept 5th and we are supposed to be in Yuma on Oct 1st, Rita"s sister lives in Phoenix so we want 2 or 3 days there. I figured we would go over this at the M & G.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 05:38 AM   #1287

I can help layout a plan for the caravan. Very familiar with the area. After Yellowstone etc, you can be headed to Yuma and almost completly avoid interstates. I will lay it out here so you may ponder it, checkout the maps and visit the park web sites.

After Yellowstone/Grand Tetons head south to Flaming Gorge, you can just drive through this area, or spend a day. We overnighted at a scenic lookout, no one bothered us and we were the only ones there. Very pretty.

From there we kept heading south to Dinosaur National Monument. Very interesting park, you can see all of it in a day, most of the display is indoors climate controled. Very nice town nearby, Vernal, Utah with a number of RV parks right in town.

Then proceed south to Moab, Utah. Deb and My favorite place. Canyon Lands National Park, Arches National Parks are right there just outside of town. Lots of RV parks there, and BLM no hookup sites galore for like $5 a day. This will be at least a 2 day stop, to visit both National Parks, and I higly recomend Dead Horse State Park. You will recognize it once there, very famous place, lots of comercials etc filmed there. Enjoy town, nice places to eat, highly recomend the Moab dinner!

Leave Moab with a full tank of fuel, there are few services afterwards, and they are expensive. As you head south you will be driving thru Escalante Staircase National Park. Fry Canyon is really cool, (read hot) and very pretty. Enjoy the drive, plan to spend the night in Torrey Utah. Very small beutiful old town with a great RV park.

Leaving Torrey, plan on a slow day drivng on Utah Route 12. Motorcyclist reffer to this as the OMG highway. As in each corner you turn is OMG more beutiful! Destination is Bryce Canyon, plan to stay at Ruby's RV park. The Ruby family found Bryce Canyon, when it became a park they kept the land at the entrance built a campground and a very nice store and hotel. The family many generations later still own the place. You can drive Bryce in the car, or cheaply take a bus tour provided by the Ruby's which is informative and easier. This park will surely be the weirdest place you have seen.

From Bryce, about a 100 miles to Kanab, Utah. Find a park there (may want to call ahead) and plan on at least 2 day trips in the car. The day trips would be #1 Zion National Park (not driveable in the coach, low narrow tunnels) The drive in is awesome. Once in Zion, you park and there are park shuttles that take you about, #2 North Rim of Grand Canyon. A awesome drive to get to, and many believe the best place to see the canyon. I have been there times, I agree.

After your Kanab visit head east to Page Arizona. Plan to spend the night there. There are 2 must do's there. #1 is Antelope Canyon. It is a wonderful, slot canyon, however only can be visited with a Navajo tour guide. In Page, AR there are lots of tour companies. Book a few days ahead of time, and GET NOON TOUR. The noon tours are very popular,,, again book 4-5 days in advance. Be prepared to be amazed. Also in Page is the Glen Canyon Dam. Well worth a visit. Over 700' tall.

From Page take a scenic drive out to monument valley. You may stay in Page and just take to car to monument valley using Page as a base camp, or go via the coach. Check it out and visit where John Wayne became famous.

Make your way to Grand Canyon South rim. A day is probably all your going to need there, unless your going to hike in,,,, or ride the mules. Most people are in and out in a day. Lots of RV parks there. There is a loop road that visits 10-12 lookout points, however the road is not open to public traffic, there are shuttle's

I would recomend as you head south a visit to Sedona. Very pretty area.

South of Phoenix just north of Tucson, is Saguaro National Park (where a bazillion of the huge cacti that grow with the arms) Very pretty and interesting place to visit. They have a desert zoo that is great. While there, highly recomend camping at Lazy Days in Tucson. Extremely nice park, even have some covered sites, a restaurant bar etc etc.. Always wanted to visit the huge aircraft junk yard that is located there at we all have seen in movies, but I have not made it. Get pictures.

Hope this is helpful! Suggest you get a calendar, lay iit out and see if i all fits. It should be easily done in 3-4weeks with lots of extra leasure time.

L.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:23 AM   #1288

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Thanks Lloyd,
Most of what you said Rita already had on her list to see, so it will be nice to have a little more direction. We will have from the 5th to about the 28th to get all that done. We leave on Oct 12th for a week cruise, so we will need to be at Rivers Edge by the 1st of Oct.
Lynne and Ron,
I hope you guys are on board with this, it will be a hoot with the 5 of us doing this.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote