Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2017, 09:34 PM   #967

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Here is a pic of the CG map, off of my laptop with my phone, and it is of our part of the CG! I could not get a good printer pic from their web site! Click image for larger version

Name:	1508643239783.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	338.5 KB
ID:	180603
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2017, 10:56 PM   #968

Carolina Campers
Good Morning Meet and Greet

Rail, here is one with our part of the campground;
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0492.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	811.3 KB
ID:	180619
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:08 AM   #969

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club

Name:   IMG_0492 CG pic.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  21.4 KB
Ron & Emmett - #36 8/19 - 9/4
Tim & Joe - #83 8/19 -8/29
Lynne & Jerry - # 43 8/25 - 9/4
Stan & Jira - #45 8/23 - 9/5
Ted & Kathleen - #46 8/10 - 9/1
Lloyd & Deb - #47 8/19 - 8/29
Gordon & Janet - #48 8/19 to 8/29.
Charlie & Martha - #49 8/18 - 8/26
Terry & Eleanor - #50 8/20 - 8/29
Frank & Rita - #84 8/23 - 9/5
Butch & Fran ? #44 8/20 - 8/29
Jay ?
Bobby & Sally ?

I did some editing? Hope I got it right! Thanks Ted for the better CG pic!
Rail!
Old 10-22-2017, 05:14 AM   #970

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello M&G,

Rail, that looks right providing Tim & Joe call today and get a change in sites. I called Tim yesterday and left a message asking him to do so and then call me if there is an issue.

Talked to Joe a few minutes later after I texted him and told him the same thing. He said he would take care of it today. I think this site would be much closer for them. Told him to go look in the CG pictures to see. He said he would.

We talked about a spaghetti night. They could do the sauce, one of us could do the noodles, another the garlic bread, and another a salad. Someone else fixings and dressings. You get the idea. As we get closer, I will make a list and people can choose what to bring. I think the stores for shopping are a bit away so if we can bring the items in with us it would be easier. Not to say we won't still go, just trying to plan ahead.

Don't know how many of you noticed but they have bikes there for everyone's use. Supposedly a lot of bikes according to reviews. No rental fee. Probably nothing like Ron has.

Providing Bobby or Jay decide to get reserved, this leaves #75, a pull through, for one of them and then #37 or #82 for someone else.

I did send an invite to Jerry's sister and BIL, who live in Yuma, in case they would like to join us. Not sure if they will, but gave them our site # and the name the reservation is under. Would be nice if they came as we don't get to see them very often. They would fit right in with this group. Their names are Dave & Anne.

Doesn't sound like Grandma (Charlene) and hubby will be coming. But, just like last year we may get others that come onto "Good Morning" and then join our group. More would be welcome.

Ok, I that is it for now. Ron, I hope the site you are in is more level. Considering I asked Cindy when I first talked to her about the sites being level I am a bit frustrated with some of them.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:07 AM   #971

Good morning!

Deb makes a awesome salad. Has her own oil and vinegar salad dressing that the family loves.

We have a large commercial portable gridle, like 40 x 26, used to do a pancake fund raiser every year for the Make A Wish foundation. Given we are bringing the big trailer thinking about bringing it and doing a pancake breakfast.

The other the day Gordon suggested a potluck breakfast...... sounded good to me.

L.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:50 AM   #972

Gulf Streamers Club
The Mickelson Trail runs thru Custer. Converted rail trail runs from Edgemont north to Deadwood, 108 miles. Do not know how many bikes will be at M&G 2018 but I would like to ride from Custer to Hill City and back, then from Custer to Chief Crazy Horse memorial and back.

I have been to Yellowstone before but hoping will be able to see more in the brief time after the kids go back to school and before snow becomes a factor in driving MH. I do not drive MH in snow. Don't get much experience in snow driving in Central Texas.

As far as level site, I can make do with whatever I have. Bought an adjustable step off Amazon that was on sale, $50 bucks instead of $70 bucks. That will help if I need to put front wheels on blocks in order to level. I am really looking forward to this next greeting and visiting!

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #973

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello M&G,

Ron, I assume with 108 miles of trail you mean motorcycle type bikes? I would love to do some pedal bike riding while there so am bringing my bike and then will need it in Yuma in the winter. I intend to ride a lot while in Florida to get in good enough shape to ride when I want. The exercise will be good for me.

I think we will have a good time while in SD. A potluck breakfast would be nice too. Lloyd, Deb can make the salad then and we'll bring some other dressings just in case. Sorry, but I am not wild about vinegar but I will try it.

Jerry & I are talking about extending our trip out there so may be coming earlier. Heading to Yuma afterwards and probably leaving the rig with his sister and BIL until we come back for the winter.

We want to go to Crazy Horse again. It's been over 20 yrs since our first visit and we want to see what has been done since then. Want to see Devil's Tower too. If people want to go to the same things and want to go together, that could be nice.

We went camping in Yellowstone when I was probably 12, in a tent. Snowed through the night and collapsed the tent. It was freezing! Gone by 10am but can't rely on that place being snow free even in the first week of August.

It is a beautiful area though so this trip will be quite a nice one. Great friends, camping, and beautiful scenery. Whether it's warm or cool will not matter, just some good times together.

This was a good choice for a location. Start thinking about the next one and come up with some good choices. I was thinking about a place where they have barbeque cooking contests!

Lynne
Old 10-22-2017, 09:01 AM   #974

Carolina Campers

Hi all,

If you want, Kathleen and I can bring the paper plates, plastic cups, plastic silverware like this year. And we will get enough to cover many meals...

I am getting hungry in anticipation...

Kathleen can also make the tater tot casserole she made this year, if folks would like.

Ted & Kathleen
Old 10-22-2017, 09:15 AM   #975

Good morning, we have 27ft fifth wheel toy haulers so we can fit in most spots.
Butch L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #976

Gulf Streamers Club
Lynne, the Mickelson Trail is for bicycles. Since it runs thru towns, you can pedal in stages, like the run from Custer to Hill City is 15 miles, so if I do a round trip, eating in between, it would be 30 miles.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:52 AM   #977

Carolina Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
The Mickelson Trail runs thru Custer. Converted rail trail runs from Edgemont north to Deadwood, 108 miles. ...
I have been to Yellowstone before but hoping will be able to see more in the brief time after the kids go back to school and before snow ...
ronspradley
Ron,

We may do some bike riding... 108 miles, NOT

We are thinking of starting out in July and heading toward SD, if anyone wants to join us, we could do a caravan...

On the way back, we are looking at taking in YS, maybe Bryce Canyon, maybe NM, and then taking the south rout home. I’d like to go to Fort Pickens, FL and some other places as well....

Ted & Kathleen
Old 10-22-2017, 01:37 PM   #978

Winnebago Owners Club
Ron's bike has driver assist!
Old 10-22-2017, 03:44 PM   #979

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello M&G,

Ted, as we get closer to M&G I will start a list and post for people to add what they want to do and bring. Little early yet, just tossing out ideas. We want to do a pot luck when everyone is there so that will also be figured into the mix.

Ron, not sure I will be up to a 30 mile bike ride by then, but I sure hope so.

Thanks Butch, got it written down now. Just helps me to get an idea of what people want and or need when trying to find a CG that will work for all of us.

Went on a color ride today. 10/22 and it is still not in full color. Due to the draught, some trees have lost their leaves completely, others are as green as they have been all summer, and others (the early ones) are in some color. Beautiful day though and it was 75*. Yep, MI and October 22md and 75*. I have a feeling when it hits, it is going to hit hard.

I think things are as well planned as we can do right now. Night all! Lynne
Old 10-22-2017, 04:18 PM   #980

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
https://www.facebook.com/workampingt...391541/?type=3

Ron, let's hope this is not how un level your spot is. Hope you can see this. Lynne