Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #1387

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning all.
Coffee is hot & fresh.

Nothing new here. Too pretty out today to stay inside and the yard needs some tending.

Have a great day
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2015, 02:55 PM   #1388

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Curtis,
That is nice what you are doing for Lynne, but then again I would expect nothing less from you or a bunch of others on here. I keep my eye out, but being on the move most of the time, you never know what I will run into.
Gordon,
Sounds like you had a good time and did a good thing too.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:36 PM   #1389

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

I agree, it was incredibly nice of Curtis and his wife to go look at this coach for us. It is difficult when you live up here and the coach you WANT to look at is down in Texas. Just looked like a good deal so I asked if he would mind.

It is one of the things I have found out about this group, they are nice, and the type of people I want as friends. If this works out, we get to meet them and also get to see my sister who lives in Kirbyville. I haven't seen her in two years. I miss her. But in 30 months I get to retire and go visit whenever the mood strikes. Now we have more than one person to see in Texas.

Thank you more than you will ever know Curtis. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:00 PM   #1390

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hope everyone is ok! Getting the mh ready to go upstate to the house to round up whatever we can salvage and sign the contract for the sale of it. Feeling quite upbeat about getting it out of our hair! Hope my back is in good enough shape to try and wrestle the old Coca-Cola cooler that used to be on the porch but is now in the basement, LOL. Brought my sawsall so I can cut a few openings in the outside walls and try to retrieve my beer stein collection off the mantle . And then have to cut an opening to get Sally's old wringer washing machine out of there! All the other stuff that matters is in the garage. I'm not going to try and go in the house as the floors are buckled way up and the old tree stumps that were holding main beams up are rotted and fell over. I don't feel lucky about chancing going in there and giving the place it's last shot at burying me! That would be my luck, go to get some silly trinket and get the second story on my head! Wish me luck, can't wait to get it over! Maybe take some of the sale proceeds and take Sally away for her Birthday for a couple weeks in the MH in June, gee would be nice to keep on going till August for my birthday, LOL! Not this year , but soon! Be Safe and Well! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 05:08 PM   #1391

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Curtis , many years ago we visited Sally's friends in Houston and they took us to their summer house in Galveston. Sally got to looking at houses on the water. They were beautiful with boat lifts and all , but when they told us they have to rebuild every 5 or so years, I said hell no! Besides, there was no place to put my stuff! But having 5 acres or so is a dream for me, Sally not so much. I don't know why but she has me at a 2 acre limit in my searches, have to work on that! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 07:51 PM   #1392

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
I would do the same for you, I am keeping my eyes open for any Winnies in my travels, if anything looks promising I will let you know.
Bobby,
Good luck on getting your stuff, you will feel so much better once everything is gone and you no longer have a bunch of burden hanging over your head.
Frank
Old 05-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #1393

Winnebago Owners Club
Hope the viewing works out and you are able to get a MH Lynne. Curtis is obviously a great guy.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:08 AM   #1394

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Awake at 4 AM and enjoying the coffee. The temp is supposed to be in the 70's today. It was 73 when I left w--k yesterday. Just love this weather, I is SO MUCH better than winter here in MI anytime!

Gordon and Janet,

I agree, it was incredibly nice of Curtis and Melissa to take their time and help us out. The fact that he will do a great job of checking this coach out is very comforting since this is new to us. I went on line and found a manual to this particular coach. Went through and read quite a bit (since I believe in reading the VOM of a car) and I believe this one will do nicely for us.

It's only a 33 footer, but we want to stay a bit shorter, It has what we need without being too much for us. Faded decals like most but I can deal with those in time. Curtis says it has MONSTER sway bars on it and it is pretty clean inside other than coffee stains on the carpet. Wasn't sure about the carpet from the pics so may replace that anyway.

As long as the mechanicals are fine, we can take care of the pretty later.

Going to do some more research, you all have a great day! Lynne
Old 05-02-2015, 06:01 AM   #1395
bap

hey guys,,,i wouldnt excpect any less of what curtis and his wife are doing for lynne, and i belive most of us would do the same thats why i love this groupe so much,,everyone here is more than helpful and like a family that wants to help each other anyway we can...

hey bobby,,,i have 120acres here in eastern ky for sale ,,it has a very nice 2 acre house seat that goes with it ,,just sayin......
Old 05-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #1396

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
That's good news, hope everything works out for you. My 5er is only 30' and we have plenty of room, a little over 350 sq. ft. due to an extra large living room slide, so a 33' with slides should be just fine for you, at least it will be a good size for a starter unit.
Please keep us posted on how it works out.
bap,
You keep us laughing, and that's a good thing.
Frank
Old 05-02-2015, 07:30 AM   #1397

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning,

Awake at 4 AM and enjoying the coffee. The temp is supposed to be in the 70's today. It was 73 when I left w--k yesterday. Just love this weather, I is SO MUCH better than winter here in MI anytime!

Gordon and Janet,

I agree, it was incredibly nice of Curtis and Melissa to take their time and help us out. The fact that he will do a great job of checking this coach out is very comforting since this is new to us. I went on line and found a manual to this particular coach. Went through and read quite a bit (since I believe in reading the VOM of a car) and I believe this one will do nicely for us.

It's only a 33 footer, but we want to stay a bit shorter, It has what we need without being too much for us. Faded decals like most but I can deal with those in time. Curtis says it has MONSTER sway bars on it and it is pretty clean inside other than coffee stains on the carpet. Wasn't sure about the carpet from the pics so may replace that anyway.

As long as the mechanicals are fine, we can take care of the pretty later.

Going to do some more research, you all have a great day! Lynne
Lynne - I am sure you know it but I will mention it anyway. WGO has a lot of owners manuals, system diagrams, etc on line for their MH. Not sure about what you are looking at but they may have all the base information to get going.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:48 AM   #1398
bap

i can also ad about winnebago,s after tearing the 68 tt down,,,they sure do make a great product,,,,they sparred no excpence in building this little travel trailer,,,,very well made,,,,and debbie and i have toren into several different tt,s now and i have to say very well made for sure...i could only amagine what there doing now with there MH,s.. thanks frank....always good to put a smile on someones face,,,,but i was serious,,,,and i couldnt think of better neighbors than anyone on here,,,the rest of our property joins to it...----just sayin...
Old 05-02-2015, 07:49 AM   #1399

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning all

Looks like it will be another beautiful day.

Lynne - I hope that coach works out for you. It's been a long and frustrating hunt and it would be nice to read some posts from you from on the road somewhere enjoying yourself. You've earned it.

Curtis - Way to step up brother. A great example of what is so great about this group.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a fabulous day.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:16 AM   #1400

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Gang,

Coffee is good! Sitting here listening to the neighbors hounds baying so probably a fox out there. The guy is a gun smith and sells anything guns. Kind of an odd duck but I don't know how they don't hear these hounds baying. Goes on for hours sometimes. It is not an unpleasant sound, just don't know how he doesn't hear it when we are down the road and we do.

Bobby, I think once you get rid of this first house you are going to feel so FREE that you will want to unload the others in short order.

Gordon, I found the manual on the Winnebago site and read through quite a bit of it. Since we have not owned a MH yet I wanted to learn a bit. This particular coach has it's manuals with it so I will be studying them often. Curtis said it is in good shape (other than decals) so I don't expect too much right off the bat.

Considering if we buy this (the woman does not want to fix anything, she just wants it gone) we will be fixing things on it ourselves, it is the perfect learning opportunity. Curtis said it will get us home with no problem and be a good coach for us.

It's kind of strange thinking about buying something you have not seen yet yourself.

Jay, Haven't minded the hunt. I've made some mistakes along the way but that's how you learn. The decision to buy now or wait has been the hardest. Don't retire for 31 months yet, buy now or buy later, newer coach later or older one now. When I found this 2004 with 18,641 miles on it well, sometimes it just seems like the right decision. Tires are good, inside like new, one slide, it has a few issues but they can be fixed or replaced. It's about $10,000 less than other like coaches I have seen advertised and they have more miles on them. More than double the miles often. Helps with resale value. Someone will always buy an older coach. I plan to keep this one until we come off the road.

Will see, contract here waiting to sign and send back. Call insurance Monday and go from there.

You all have a good day, Lynne