Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2015, 04:28 AM   #1401

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oldie but Goodie

Hi Bap,

Stopped by our friend Farmer Billie's yesterday and he asked us if we wanted to buy his old camper. It is a 61. Thought you would enjoy these pics. He was tilling his fields and boy is it dry up here. Supposed to get rain and 80 next week, He plans to plant today so it should be prime growing weather.

Love these old trailers. Don't know why these are loading upside down because they are correct in the file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer 1.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	93258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer 2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	93259  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer 3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	93260  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2015, 04:49 AM   #1402

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lynne, believe you me, it is indeed hard buying something you have not seen other than pictures, and a friend looking at it for you! I did just that, and it worked out for me! I wish you the same luck! Mine worked and ran and drove perfect, and we enjoyed it to the fullest! Sometimes you just have to do what your gut says, and go for it! Rail!
Old 05-03-2015, 06:40 AM   #1403

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - great news about the possibility of getting your motor home. Congratulations to both you and DW (enter name here).

I would relax regarding the purchase. If you get it at the right price it will always work out. Perhaps you might have to invest time and some dollars in the unit but a bit of sweat equity and a few dollars are worth it. You will enjoy yourselves and that is the point.

A few decals is not an issue. I just figure a 1000.00 to fix each item and when it is less I am happy. If it is a bit more I am not too disappointed.

Post pictures as you can. Congratulations.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:56 AM   #1404

Shucks guys, it ain't nothing! Melissa and I had a good day checking out the coach for Lynne. Melissa is one of those people that can see stuff you don't ever think to look twice at. Plus she got to play with her camera. And I'm a Mechanically inquisitive, how's this work , kinda guy and since I know RV's I got to play at my craft too.

Mechanically I believe this one to be sound. What few issues there are can easily be fixed. If I were shopping for an upgrade to mine I'd buy this one. I think Lynne will get a lot of good use out of it. And being as its a little shorter in length the intimidation factor of it's size won't be a so bad. It's got tons of places for Lucy's Rock Collection. ( think Design & Lucy "the long trailer".

Looking forward to having them come visit is when they come after it.

Bobby I'm telling you there is a 4 acre lot three doors down that would be perfect for you to settle into with all that Capital Gains cash to spend. You ever come here you'll want to stay. And beside north central Texas is in the center of the US. Or as center as one needs. Just as far to the east coast as it is to the west. Denver is 1000 miles from here.
And Galveston Bay is half that south. You could choose Oklahoma, but they don't all read up there and their dogs are mean. Jk. Plus Texans are a friendly bunch!

And let's not forget Arkansas and Missouri are just up the road. Melissa and I love to kayak the White and Buffalo rivers. Great camping that way all less than a tank of gas.

We get winter here for 4 weeks a year. And not always consecutively. There is pre spring, spring , Summer, after summer, pre fall, fall then back to the 4 weeks of winter. The only drawback is you only need to wear a light jacket with your T shirts for Christmases. White Christmases are every 5 years. But use you camera fast as it's only white for 12 hours.
You want snow, you gotta go to Colorado or northern New Mexico. Our playground.

Well gotta go get ready for church this morning.
Later Ya'll
Old 05-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #1405

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
I bought my 5er site unseen, only pictures and didn't have anyone look at it. It was on Ebay from a dealer in Arizona. And it was exactly what it was supposed to be. Knowing that Curtis and Melissa checked it out and OK'ed it should give you a warm feeling about it. I hope that everything works out for you.
bap,
I know that you were serious and it was the good southern way that you put it that made me laugh. That is a good thing.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #1406

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning road warriors.

Coffee hot & fresh, help yourself.

Curtis - It would be a big deal to me as I'm sure it is for Lynne. Had the coach been a mess she would have waited a good deal of cash on a trip to Texas. Now she can fly down knowing the coach is in pretty good shape and put some money on it in confidence that it isnt a junk heap. As anyone whos ever shopped for a used RV knows, there is a lot of stuff out there that looks good in a phot, not so much when you actually see it. So kudos brother.

Lynne - It would appear your patience has paid off and you have found the right coach, and before you retire so you have time to road test it and tweak it before you get out there on a long trip. How exciting!! Congratulations!!

Terry - Enjoy your bike ride today. We had a blast taking one of the italians out for some exercise yesterday.

Just another day in paradise. Another beautiful day is dawning. All I wanna do is go play but there is work to be done and none of doing itself. But maybe we should give the other italian some exercise today. Not fair to favor one over the other, right?

Have an awesome day friends.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #1407

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi All, Had a great day today, took the motorcycles out for the first time this year. And the first time on the new knee, the knee took it fine , little sore tonight, but alls good. Lynne, hope this MH works out for you. Curtis, if I was looking for land I would be very tempted, but I always say if I sell this S&B I ain't buying no more. DW, says never say never.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:18 PM   #1408

Freightliner Owners Club
Smart woman Terry, whenever you say never, something always comes up and you just have to do what you just said never to.
Frank
Old 05-03-2015, 06:23 PM   #1409

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, After 35 years I have learned not to argue with her logic .
Old 05-03-2015, 07:40 PM   #1410

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

The only reason I am willing to purchase this MH sight unseen is because Curtis and Melissa went to check it out. Curtis sent me an inspection report which is very detailed so there should be no surprises. Of course never say never right. Without Curtis's help, this would not be happening. We will owe both of them a huge favor.

Gordon,

Jerry and I have spent the weekend talking and strategizing. Figuring out if this is the correct step for us. Perhaps waiting another year would be smarter but I have lived smart long enough and want to play now. So, tomorrow I call the insurance co, fax the purchase offer to PPL and see if it goes through. She has accepted the amount so shouldn't be a problem.

Terry, Glad you got out on the bike and the knee didn't argue. If it was as nice as it was here, it was the perfect day to ride.

I promised myself I would not (again) post that I had bought a MH until it was paid for, I had the title, and it was parked in my driveway. I am off from May 23rd for 9 days. Plan on visiting Curtis and Melissa then. I'm just saying!

Have a great day tomorrow and give someone a hug! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:04 AM   #1411

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
I know having Curtis and Melissa check it out was a big help and believe me I sweated until the 5er got here and I went through it, It cost twice what I paid for my house, 30+ years ago. I would have been a lot more at ease if I had someone check it out 1st.
If you wait another year to purchase, you have denied yourself an entire summer that you could be out enjoying all that Michigan has to offer you. Also, you need to find out what you need and what you would like to have in the MH when you take off after retirement. Even though I have been camping for many years, I still spent 6 weeks living in mine before we took off for our first winter south. Just so we could see if I had forgotten anything, and we did, needed a few small things that made things more comfortable.
Terry,
I understand, it is usually much better to just listen and agree. Makes life much easier and less stressful.
Frank
Old 05-04-2015, 06:09 AM   #1412

Good m9rn86ng. Just let the cats out and came back to bed. I'll get the coffee going later.

Had a busy weekend. EVEN got to ride both the big Yamaha and smaller Kawasaki this weekend d. Poor Ducati get ignored now that I have the Yamaha outfitted to do it's job.

Melissa passed all.her chl tests so she happy to get that behind her.
Grandson had two soccer games Saturday. He was wore plum out by the end of the day.
We're going good, should have a week of good weat6er. Temps in the 70's and night around 50.

Finally got a day dry enough to mow. It only takes 5 hours to me my front and back yard. If I stay at it full speed. I love mowing. I take my headset and listen to oldies and talk on the phone to old friends wile I'm mowing.

Well, I guess I'll go fire up the coffee pot and check the news we had a little excitement last night in Plano.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:50 AM   #1413

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning!!!

Another glorious day outside.

It seems all is well for everyone. Great to read.

Big garage sale this weekend. Patty is focused on that. Me, I just keep on working on the update projects. My list is actually getting shorter now.

I let the moss take over the front yard over the last 2 years, so a sod cutter and a reseed is on my list this week. Just 7 more weeks and the S&B goes up for sale. WOW! That will fly by and the 30 days waiting for closing will be an eternity.

Have a press release for Liberty Farms to get out this morning so gotta run.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:51 AM   #1414

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Frank,

The only reason I am willing to purchase this MH sight unseen is because Curtis and Melissa went to check it out. Curtis sent me an inspection report which is very detailed so there should be no surprises. Of course never say never right. Without Curtis's help, this would not be happening. We will owe both of them a huge favor.

Gordon,

Jerry and I have spent the weekend talking and strategizing. Figuring out if this is the correct step for us. Perhaps waiting another year would be smarter but I have lived smart long enough and want to play now. So, tomorrow I call the insurance co, fax the purchase offer to PPL and see if it goes through. She has accepted the amount so shouldn't be a problem.

I promised myself I would not (again) post that I had bought a MH until it was paid for, I had the title, and it was parked in my driveway. I am off from May 23rd for 9 days. Plan on visiting Curtis and Melissa then. I'm just saying!

Have a great day tomorrow and give someone a hug! Lynne
Lynne and Jerry. Please try not to agonize over the decision too long. Perhaps the simple flip of a coin could suffice.

No matter what course the two of you decide on it will be the right course. Will you agonize? Of course you will. Regardless of which way the decison is made it will be the right one! Will you have buyers remorse if you buy it - well you would not be human if you did not. Will you have remorse if you do not buy it - well you would not be human if you did not.

So whichever way you go you will have doubts. Again whatever decision you come to IS THE RIGHT ONE! So there! We will be happy for you whatever decision you make.